New FAKKU translator

Sayo FAKKU SR Translator
Hello. I'm the new translator here at Fakku. Some of you probably know me as Sayo of SaHa. I've been doing this since late 2004. Aside from the obvious SaHa commission work, I've done work for Icarus comics(now defunct), and 2D-Market, and Jacob has recently invited me to join the team at Fakku.

As of right now, I can't go into any detail on what I'm working on for Fakku because it's super ultra secret, but I can probably tell you that the recent F4U release is one of the things I've worked on over the past several weeks.

As far as interests are concerned, I'm mostly a gamer. League of Legends is my current form of digital cocaine. I've mained Sejuani since season 3, so it makes me very sad to see that she's currently in the spotlight for nerfs. I tend to prefer CC tanks for the most part, and the occasional burst mage. I dislike squishy melee champs and most adc champs. If I'm looking to win, my core champs would be Sejuani/Amumu for jungle, Zyra/Leona for support, Zyra for mid, Sion/Garen/J4 for top, and probably Miss Fortune for ADC. I despise Riven like the plague.

I do try to dabble in almost every type of game, though. Sports/racing games being the only real exception. I'm not a huge FPS fan either, but I'll give them a go from time to time. Stuff like Dark Souls / Bloodborne is high up on my list of personal favorites. My favorite game from last year was probably Dragon Age Inquisition.
FF6 is my favorite in the FF series by a country mile. Funny story about that game too. I actually got it when I was 10 years old and I broke both of my arms during gym class, so I played through the whole game with my arms locked in casts. It was also the first RPG I really played with any amount of seriousness. Luckily for me, the SNES days were probably the best years for JRPGs, so I jumped in at the right time.
I wouldn't consider myself a fanboy of any particular console since I'll just buy whatever system I need to play the games I want. I've yet to buy an xbone, though. Nothing interests me there at the moment, and Halo 5 certainly won't get me to buy one.
Currently, I'm eagerly anticipating The Witcher 3. I only hope I'll find the time to actually finish it.

I watch the occasional TV show. Game of Thrones being the top of my favorites pile.
I'm pretty heavy into following politics and current events, though I'll probably opt to keep my political leanings to myself because lol internet drama.

In terms of anime, I haven't watched very much since 2009 just due to a lack of time, but I have watched Attack on Titan, and I'm planning to maybe possibly watch Kill la Kill since it's on netflix. These days, I basically need a series to hit a certain level of glowing recommendation before I commit the time to watching it.

In terms of manga, I don't read any in my free time since I stare at manga upwards of 10 hours a day. I personally do not read scanlations. If I have the choice between the raw and the scanlation, I'll just grab the raw.

As far as hentai is concerned, I'm into most things. The most notable would probably be Futa/shem, Loli, Preg, Beast, Dark skin/Tanlines, Femdom, Nakadashi, even Trap. A lot of other stuff is take it or leave it. I tend to favor stories with strong, proactive, sultry women. Essentially succubus types. Also, I tend to favor artists with very thick, clean linework.

The only tag I really can't stand is guro. Suffering in general is not my thing.

In terms of artists, I could go on listing them forever, so I'll merely throw a few out there:
John K. Peta, Katou Jun, Uno Makoto, ShindoL(I'm actually supporting him on patreon too), Satsuki Itsuka, Eroquis, Erect Touch, Rokuroh Isako, Oshiruko Kan, Temparing, Clover, Po-Ju, Tetsu, Azusa Norihee, Kokuryuugan, Mizu, Jun, Niku Ringo, Nitta Jun.
Trust me, I could go on, and on, and on...

There are also a fair number of western artists I love. Some notable ones:
Buru, Ganassa, Maple Moon, Hizzacked, jjfrenchie, Pupuliini, Doxy, Anasheya, In Case, Calm, Aedollon, Cutepet, Dmitry's, Atryl, NeoCoill, Norasuko, Tekuhonohabo, Kabos, Mali6, benstilla, History-Eraser-Button, Kabier. Again, I could go on, and on, and on...

As for how I actually got into anime/hentai in the first place, I started out as a huge comic book nerd when I was young. Spiderman, X-men, Spawn, Savage Dragon were probably my main series. Venom was probably my favorite character at the time. I stopped reading all comics around the time Spiderman was ending the whole clone saga thing with Ben Reilly. At that point, it felt like things were getting really stale. The whole Peter's the clone -no wait- Ben's the clone -no wait- Peter's the clone -no wait- Ben just melted into a pile of goo and Peter's maybe but maybe not a clone bullshit really got on my nerves. Then they randomly brought Norman Osborne back from the dead, and I just thought that was so lame. It turns out this would end up becoming a pet peeve of mine. I'm looking at you Mu from Gundam Seed Destiny.

When I was 12 or 13, I started watching Dragon Ball Z on tv for a while until the reruns started. Around that time, my brother introduced me to Ranma 1/2, Tenchi Muyo, Evangelion, Oh My Goddess, Saber Marionette, etc... That's when I got hooked. This was back before DVDs, so it was all VHS fansubs. While my brother was at university, he started his own VHS fansub group named Saha, which was short for "Slow As Hell Anime". He primarily did Slayers Try and Excel Saga, though he hired people to translate them. He did the timing/typesetting.

Eventually, I got to university, and took all the Japanese courses available in my free time. One semester, one of the more advanced classes was cancelled due to a lack of students, so I said "fuck it. I'll learn kanji on my own". That's when I started doing doujinshi translations. I tried to pick relatively simple ones starting out, and I asked my brother if he wanted to take part in it as QCer. Originally, they just went under the name of Sayo's translations, but I decided to work my brother's net name("Hazard", which is actually a play on our family name) into a group name, and do a callback to his old fansub group with SAyo and HAzard, giving us SaHa.

For those who are curious, Sayo is just short for my original gamer net name "Sayonara". When I joined a Starcraft 1 guild, people would just call me Sayo, so I eventually dropped the nara and shortened it to Sayo. Sadly, Sayo tends to be taken almost everywhere, so I typically go by SayoSaHa for the sake of not having to go by the name Sayo12847.

I could go on into the details of the early years, but I'll drop the history lesson there for now. The interview I did with 4playeranimecast(which you can find on this forum) goes over some of that stuff, though I probably skimmed over a lot of the details.

Other than that, I've been taking classes in 3D modeling/animation for the past year or so. Currently, I have no specific plans for where that could go, but I kinda needed something to pull myself out of a funk I was in.

I don't know what else to say, so I guess I'll stop there. Back to work I go. I've got a chubby girl chapter to do. Mmmm chubby.
luke5135 LIKE A BOSS
Nice to meet you, it's good to see jacob hiring more people to work with, always good to have another person on team fakku.
TrixieTang Magical NTR Princess
You're one of those names that anyone who's been around the H-scene for a while should already know.
InTraining ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Ooh Icarus~ My first English Hentai Manga was Aqua Bless and a stack of AG Comics. I'm curious, are you allowed to talk about what happened in the last month before the owner Simon disappeared? Comic AG 110, as far as I know, never released sadly.
luinthoron High Priest of Loli
Welcome to Fakku, it's great to see you on board! ^_^
Sayo FAKKU SR Translator
InTraining wrote...
Ooh Icarus~ My first English Hentai Manga was Aqua Bless and a stack of AG Comics. I'm curious, are you allowed to talk about what happened in the last month before the owner Simon disappeared? Comic AG 110, as far as I know, never released sadly.

I'm actually the one who translated Aqua Bless for Icarus. It's still one of my favorites to this day.
After the market crash of 2008, I believe Simon was trying to put a lot of the licensing deals on pause because there was some concern over the exchange rates going topsy-turvy and it was negatively affecting the artists. Last time I spoke with him was in late November of 2009 and things seemed to be looking up. he had secured a bunch of new licenses including a lot of Megastore stuff. Then he just went totally quiet, so I'm assuming the illness that hit him was pretty sudden. I never heard from him after that. For a while, I was worried he got hit by a truck or something. I had absolutely no idea what happened to him until I heard much later that it was an illness.
I believe many of the books I translated for him never actually made a full release. Many of them were at least partially released through Comic AG, though. I can't remember if there were some that just never saw the light of day at all.

The full list of what I translated for Icarus in roughly the order in which I translated them:
-A Wish of My Sister by Masahiro Itosugi
-Please Miss Yuri by Syomaru
-Afterschool Sex Slave Club by Tuna Empire
-Female Student Mania by Fuji Katsupiko
-Bee's Whisper by Umashika
-Aqua Bless by Yamatogawa
-Imonatsu by Tuna Empire
-Swing Out Sisters (Only partially)
-Shitagariya by Kagura Yutakamaru
-Ero-nee by Kaoru Hozumi
-Sange no Koku by Yuuki
-Joukou Serenade by Kei Matsuzawa
-Shitagariya by Kagura Yutakamaru
-Mazo Chichi by Erect Sawaru
-Read Me! by Notari Hinemosu
-Yorozu Tatarareya by Togashi
-Cheerful Eros Project by Yuzuki N Dash
-Scarlet Desire by Tohru Nishimaki
-Forbidden Milk Fruit by Araki Kyouka
-De De De Defrag by Rego Yokoi
-Area by Hagane Tetsu
-Blue Eyes 4 (Only partially)
-Pudding-Pai Falling in Love by Ando Hiroyuki
-Teka Pita by Kishinosato Satoshi
Hello Sayo, congratulations on the new job! More staff = more awesomeness.

Your champion pool is pretty unusual. Well actually I quit a last year so I have no idea what the meta looks like now but that would have been weird I think. What's your rank if you don't mind me asking?
I can vouch for Sayo, he's damn good at league. I've seen him carry hard with Skarner. And yes, part of the interview process is playing video games with me.

Happy to have you on the team Sayo!
Misaki_Chi Fakku Nurse
Congrats Sayo! I love adding your name to works that have been translated by you. You do great work (^^)b
Sayo FAKKU SR Translator
ChrisBRosado123 wrote...
Hello Sayo, congratulations on the new job! More staff = more awesomeness.

Your champion pool is pretty unusual. Well actually I quit a last year so I have no idea what the meta looks like now but that would have been weird I think. What's your rank if you don't mind me asking?

I'm only gold at the moment. Ladder anxiety's kept me from attempting to climb further this season. I think I could probably hit plat if I made a serious go at it. I doubt I could hit diamond. Plus season 5 started out very unkind to tank junglers, but that's changed with the introduction of cinderhulk, so I may give it another go when I find the time.
www.lolking.net/summoner/na/50196

An alt I made last season. Haven't ranked it this season yet, though.
www.lolking.net/summoner/na/56419715
FleetingFate Flat is JOOOOOSTISU!
I remember when league was my cocaine..

Now Hearthstone cardpacks identify me as a person and this is way worse