Sudden problems with Fakku Books reader on Android

Hello everyone,

as the title says, about four days ago I noticed that the reader suddenly does not work on my smartphone anymore. That is, I click on Love Ridden, the reader opens up and my phone instantly lags out. For some reason, the RAM fills up completely to the point where my browser literally lags to death after just two pageflips. RAM then resets to normal.

This does not happen on other sites nor does it happen on the rest of Fakku. I also tried two other browsers, got the same shitty result though. And as I said, I did not have this problem before, so did you change anything on the reader recently, Jacob?

If anyone else is experiencing this problem, please post information here. I am running a Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini with standard Android 4.1.2. Normally available RAM: 450 MB.

Thanks in advance for any help, I would really like to continue reading ^^'

Regards

Zenobias
Zenobias wrote...
Hello everyone,

as the title says, about four days ago I noticed that the reader suddenly does not work on my smartphone anymore. That is, I click on Love Ridden, the reader opens up and my phone instantly lags out. For some reason, the RAM fills up completely to the point where my browser literally lags to death after just two pageflips. RAM then resets to normal.

This does not happen on other sites nor does it happen on the rest of Fakku. I also tried two other browsers, got the same shitty result though. And as I said, I did not have this problem before, so did you change anything on the reader recently, Jacob?

If anyone else is experiencing this problem, please post information here. I am running a Samsung Galaxy S3 Mini with standard Android 4.1.2. Normally available RAM: 450 MB.

Thanks in advance for any help, I would really like to continue reading ^^'

Regards

Zenobias

Thanks for posting about this, we'll get it fixed. When did it start happening?
sadmir Moe Connoisseur
I've been having this issue since day 1.
My Samsung Tab S, Moto G, Nexus 7(2012 and 2013) can't handle the reader.
I even tried it with an iPad Air and it's not that much better. It hasn't been an issue so far since I can just download the books but I can't use the reader at all on mobile devices.
animefreak_usa Child of Samael
It might be you all have too many apps running in the background. The reader does use 600mb. Not lagging on s4, s5, s6 or my tablet and I ran it hard with speeding thru the pages. Normal ram load is 860mb.
Daiz FAKKU Developer
I'm going to need more details here, as I can't replicate this on my Android devices (OnePlus One, Nexus 7 2013). What Android version are you running? What browsers are you using? Are they up to date? Have you tried closing background apps and see if it makes a difference?
Jacob wrote...
When did it start happening?

Like I said in my post, I noticed it five days ago. Sadly I'm not 100% sure when it started, since I don't visit Fakku every day, but I can say for sure that a week before that, it always worked fine.
Daiz wrote...
I'm going to need more details here, as I can't replicate this on my Android devices (OnePlus One, Nexus 7 2013). What Android version are you running? What browsers are you using? Are they up to date? Have you tried closing background apps and see if it makes a difference?

As I said, I'm using a relatively old version of Android (4.1.2). I tried up-to-date browsers Chrome, Firefox and the shitty Android browser. But it doesn't make any difference after all :(
I also tried closing all other apps for max free RAM, but it does not help.
animefreak_usa wrote...
The reader does use 600MB.

And you think that's normal? For something that doesn't do much more than handle pictures? Your devices are probably just more powerful than mine. Right now, my browser is using 200 MB steadily.
sadmir Moe Connoisseur
Daiz wrote...

I don't have the nexus 2012 or 2013 anymore. Just the Samsung Tab S, which is a pretty powerful device. I'm not even going to mention the Moto G 2nd gen because that one crashes as soon as it loads the first image (I get a black screen and have to force close the browser).

My Tab S is running Android 5.0.2, it doesn't crash when I try using the reader, just doesn't work. It loads the first image and that's it. Only way I can load the next image is changing the page on the location bar. And it does crash half the time I try using the fullscreen option.
Now Chrome is a lot more responsive, for a few pages, 10 or so less if they're colored,then it just stops working for 30 seconds, another few pages, another 30 seconds.
The only way I can get the reader to work is using Firefox with Phony add-on changing the useragent to desktop Firefox. Also in both chrome and Firefox the touching the left side of the screen to go back a page almost never works for me.

Now I have to say even with all that it still a million times better than it was 2 months ago when I last tested it. Not sure if there were any changes to the reader or just the browsers that got better.