Physically Printing the Magazines

Pages 12Next
Tsujoi Social Media Manager
Let's just assume that it isn't possible to print every single magazine with the way things are done currently. Let's brainstorm a cost effective way of having the magazines printed. Maybe you have an idea that Fakku hasn't thought of yet.

We may not be able to provide every single physical issue, but Jacob has stated he has thought about printing off a very limited run of the most popular chapters from both magazines a few times a year.

Is that something everyone would be interested in or would you rather have the most popular magazine issues printed instead? Or maybe something completely different?
PewPewK The Wisewolf of Yoitsu
Quoting Jacob's post so incomers can read it in full...

Jacob wrote...
Interesting discussion, I actually have some plans to do special printed issues of the magazines. They would be extremely limited and we'd do them a few times a year for collectors. Maybe something like a best of 2015 issue, where we select the best chapters that appeared in Kairakuten/X-Eros over the past year based on the response on FAKKU. We could even have artists do new art for it!

Anyway, I'm totally on board with this idea. I understand how printing two monthly magazines that are hundreds of pages long is a little unrealistic for a company like Fakku breaking into a new territory, so a "Best Of" issue is a pretty solid idea.

Could combine readership metrics (e.g. most read chapters) and set up some reader poll's to get lists of people's favorite yearly chapters for creating it. Then it might feel like a book by the community, for the community.
Likhos01 Monster Girl Lover
I know Italy got some printers who do hentai stuff (especially for french publications) but considering you still need to cross an ocean, it's kind of the same thing as the current printing formula.
Taz_9000 Cafe Regular
Speak with retailers to see if they are willing to sell the mag and sign them up to minimum order, the more retailers you get and the more stock they hold will mean you can ask for the printers to give you a discount.

and instead of having everything sent to USA, have some straight sent to the retailers home country, this way you can cut cost on shipping.

How about going to the bank and getting a loan so you can buy you own printer and equipment so you can do the printing yourself
Daxter955 Count De Monet
I'm just going to repost bits of my rant...

Propsing the idea to domestic printers and maybe buy/rent/leasing a book printer
"...Now with the magazines, you tell the printing companies that you guys are going to be constantly pumping out books. That's money and work for them and denying that offer is childish on their part just because they won't print such beautiful pieces of art. If they don't like the idea of being seen as printing "Adult material" then see if they can create a separate division that allows you to print without it being associated (Example - Cartoon Network for young viewers, Adult Swim for mature viewers) and make it as an extension of Fakku!.

...I was thinking more persuasion than demanding the printers and it's not free money, it's business. A boss would much rather have a working machine and staff than constant idling awaiting for orders to walk in. Plus, new editions every month should open up a deal. The only issue is the controversial stories, those have to be removed to avoid any trouble which is something that Fakku! does not want to let go of. So what Fakku! can do is print it's own books. A few years ago, xerox made a printer that can print out books in minutes. No warehouses and it's on demand prints with real time orders.".

-I forgot to mention that these printers make the entire book. It stacks, glues, folds, and cuts all of the pages. It also does the covers and offers an mass array of binding options. The price isn't friendly so it would be a good idea to ask for a lease or rent.

Reducing magazine pages
"I would like to see print as an option and if Fakku! has a problem with delivering over 1000+ pages then they can make their own magazine (Reduced down to 400-600 pages) which combines the best of both worlds (of both Japanese magazines)"

-The idea will have to swing by Wani before anything starts though.

The point of my rant about digital subscriptions
To me, paying for the physical book justifies the cost for a monthly subscription. Digital access won't fully convince me. It's like paying $50 to get a premium account for a week on an MMO RPG even though you can get most of the promises without the real money payment.
Personally I would be much more interested in an original magazine by Fakku instead of localization of the japanese ones. I mean if Fakku can´t print the magazines and has to focus on a single issue every few months then that issue has to be really special and I don´t think printing a normal japanese issue or combining best chapters will be enough, specially since those chapters will be available in the respective Volumes of the series.

I not sure what kind of content I would like to see in a Fakku magazine but surely something more than just hentai chapters. Stuff like special interviews with authors or staff, contests, news, reviews corners, all that kinda stuff. In short something unique to that magazine.
Daxter955 Count De Monet
A.I. wrote...
Personally I would be much more interested in an original magazine by Fakku instead of localization of the japanese ones. I mean if Fakku can´t print the magazines and has to focus on a single issue every few months then that issue has to be really special and I don´t think printing a normal japanese issue or combining best chapters will be enough, specially since those chapters will be available in the respective Volumes of the series.

I not sure what kind of content I would like to see in a Fakku magazine but surely something more than just hentai chapters. Stuff like special interviews with authors or staff, contests, news, reviews corners, all that kinda stuff. In short something unique to that magazine.

I'm guessing that's the idea for content. A good 600 page magazine can hold a good 2 dozen chapters (Averaging around 25 pages per chapter). Add a few pages for the idea mentioned by A.I. and lets not forget the exclusive artwork mention by Jacob.

Here's an idea. The exclusive art can be small posters which are signed (digitally) or maybe a postcard from a certain character (from a certain story) who is writing to the reader. For example, artwork which includes the character who is writing to you on the front. The back can be written like "Yo, what's your face. I really wish you could have stayed. Let's hangout again next season. SEE YOU SOON!".
sandersrocket Hentai is out there.
Some magazine come with special items like 3d mouse pads . pillow case or wall scrolls.

Is something like that possible?
sandersrocket wrote...
Some magazine come with special items like 3d mouse pads . pillow case or wall scrolls.

That´s probably a bad idea because many people may just want the magazine. But some kind of bonus would be nice, just not sure what would work for most people.
Posters seems like a more viable thing since they can even come inside the magazine. Maybe even a special prize that only one of the magazines have? something like a code to get something in the website.
A.I. wrote...
sandersrocket wrote...

That´s probably a bad idea because many people may just want the magazine. But some kind of bonus would be nice, just not sure what would work for most people.
Posters seems like a more viable thing since they can even come inside the magazine. Maybe even a special prize that only one of the magazines have? something like a code to get something in the website.
Or a raffle of some kind, just send in the postcard or enter the code, like you've said.

Maybe include some of the western work that's hosted on the site as well?
Tsujoi wrote...
A.I. wrote...
sandersrocket wrote...

Maybe include some of the western work that's hosted on the site as well?

That´s what I think would be the best option because that way it would be special to the magazine and something never published anywhere else.

but my opinion is probably biased because I do have original content uploaded here and would love to see my stuff published in something like that haha.
I like the idea of a "Best Of" anthology. I'd be totally down with that. It's a great way to weed out the chaff that usually comes up every month. (I mean, they can't all be winners, right?)

I'm not sure how viable this is, but I also like PewPewK's idea of having readers vote for which chapters they like the most.
My one issue with a "Best of" anthology is diversity. It's no secret that Fakku users lean vanilla and while I'm not clamoring for every chapter to have a fetish, I'd just hope that at least 40% could stray from the beaten path. I guess what I mean is: good luck having an NTR chapter in that anthology.

Then again, since it's a limited run they're all going to sell out super fast anyway so I suppose it doesn't matter?

Edit: And yeah I know Kairakuten and X-Eros aren't all vanilla magazines.
What do you guys and gals think about voting by the best "genre/tag"? That way more diversity could end up in the magazine run.
Daxter955 Count De Monet
Tsujoi wrote...
What do you guys and gals think about voting by the best "genre/tag"? That way more diversity could end up in the magazine run.

It sounds like a good idea (all-in-one general election).
Tsujoi wrote...

depends...that´s unfair in it´s own way because it means some really good vanilla chapters might not enter just because it has to make space for chapters with other tags even if the quality of those chapters are inferior. And since it´s obvious NaPaTa, Homunculus and those already extremely popular vanilla artists would always be on the "best of" never having space for other vanilla artists that might be just as good.

maybe I´m too optimistic but I like to think if something is really good people will vote for it independently of the tags.
A.I. wrote...
Tsujoi wrote...

depends...that´s unfair in it´s own way because it means some really good vanilla chapters might not enter just because it has to make space for chapters with other tags even if the quality of those chapters are inferior. And since it´s obvious NaPaTa, Homunculus and those already extremely popular vanilla artists would always be on the "best of" never having space for other vanilla artists that might be just as good.

maybe I´m too optimistic but I like to think if something is really good people will vote for it independently of the tags.

To be honest, what I said earlier isn't something I'm particularly married to since I probably won't be getting one of those limited magazines. It was more just a point to bring up. I guess my point is regardless of quality, I believe tags will play a part. There could be an amazing chapter, but it could have group sex with old guys, bondage, and pettanko and I'm sure it wouldn't get a spot. Or like pegging wouldn't even have a chance lol.
623 wrote...
My one issue with a "Best of" anthology is diversity. It's no secret that Fakku users lean vanilla and while I'm not clamoring for every chapter to have a fetish, I'd just hope that at least 40% could stray from the beaten path. I guess what I mean is: good luck having an NTR chapter in that anthology.

Then again, since it's a limited run they're all going to sell out super fast anyway so I suppose it doesn't matter?

Edit: And yeah I know Kairakuten and X-Eros aren't all vanilla magazines.
I also agree with this. Most of the people on Fakku favor vanillia over NTR and I can see the anthology being pure vanilla which might not cater to everybody else. Same goes for NTR ,some people avoid NTR like the plague. Fakku will have to try to balance it out somehow. Cause lets face it, If Fakku does make this "Best of" anthology it will be vanilla heavy IF its based off of Fakku users. So maybe something like the staff picks chapters instead of having a poll or something as everyone will vote up vanilla.
maybe instead of picking a favorite chapter the readers could pick something like 10 chapters(maybe even as a top 10) and then some staff picked chapters like "Fakku! suggestions"
Daxter955 Count De Monet
I noticed that there maybe a space issue so I just want to raise this question.

How many pages do you guys think this magazine should be?

I kind of assumed that it would be around 600 pages. If each story is 25 pages each, then there is enough room to put in 24 releases.

Say Fakku! releases these magazines quarterly and there are 30 new releases every month. That's 120 new releases in four months. Out of those 120, only 24 can be voted into the book (or rigged by the staff). Which leaves each month with 6 picks out of the 30.

What do you guys think?
Pages 12Next