User submitted: How do you feel about hentai re-writes?

Pages 12Next

How do you feel about hentai re-writes?

Total Votes : 1,505
Nikon FAKKU Old Guard
This poll brought to you by yummines.

Edit: For those wondering about an original source for this manga, click the image below.

laXKIMw.png
kidhate Lord Of Awesome
the funny ones are good and all but i can only like them if the original is available as well. april fools was an iffy day for me because of that.
Forum Image: http://ih0.redbubble.net/image.54952118.5523/flat,800x800,075,f-c,0,75,800,331.jpg
Not hentai but related
the funny ones often surpass the original
RalgradxF A Horny Gilded Dragon
Definitely thought this was talking about redoing like, hentai videos. Like a retcon of a series. Those usually suck, but not always, but there wasn't an option for that so I just said: "I hates em!"

The rewrites that are the actual subject of topic, if funny, and especially if still in line with the original story I read/fapped to, are cool--so long as the original source material is around and actually credited. So...I just combined options again.

Fuck it.
Some animes manga and hentai need to be redone and some need to get the chance to obtain a proper finish.
luinthoron High Priest of Loli
Avoiding them. If I read something, I want it to be properly translated.
I tend to be wary of re-writes.
WitnessX Starship Captain
Hilarious ones aside, I dislike them. It just strikes me as lazy.
AssasinZAssasin Not Hentai Protagonist
If the regular translated one exists, I don't mind because I can just read that and let those who like re-writes enjoy it as they do.

Not that I myself don't sometimes read it as well, but that's quite rare. Sometimes there are funny gems of rewrites, but those are quite rare, at least as far as I've seen.
As long as there's a legit translation, I avoid them. If there isn't one, I avoid them anyway. :P
What... exactly is a rewrite? I assumed a few things but from what everyone is talking about it appears that I might be misunderstanding.
Misaki_Chi Fakku Nurse
For fun on the side and to get a good laugh out of sure, I think some re-writes are funny, but definitely wouldn't want it to be an official translation if the translation does not imply what is to be conveyed. I know going from language to language means that some things won't translate perfectly, but I think it's disrespectful to botch a work just to appeal to another audience. When I see apparent re-writes I'll sometimes get sad because the Japanese joke was better then the one that was replaced, or I become more insightful to jokes when a side note is added to explain it instead of the corny substitute. Now if the translation for it makes absolutely no sense no matter how you try to spin it, then maybe take creative action but again keep it to the very minimum.
I don't mind em some I like some I don't
Almost all of them are written like absolute dogshit. Cringe dialogue.
Zesty_ Lemony Fresh!
I love them!
There's a fantastic re-write somewhere on this site and I can't remember the title for the life of me but it is re-written entirely in Bogan Australian dialect and I love it soooo much.
luinthoron High Priest of Loli
Zesty_ wrote...
I love them!
There's a fantastic re-write somewhere on this site and I can't remember the title for the life of me but it is re-written entirely in Bogan Australian dialect and I love it soooo much.

That one was actually a proper translation, I believe, despite the dialect used.
Zesty_ Lemony Fresh!
luinthoron wrote...
Zesty_ wrote...
I love them!

That one was actually a proper translation, I believe, despite the dialect used.

Ohh my, it seems you're right.
Thank you so much for linking that. It's going straight in my favorites.
Worst thing since killing puppies. I've seen a couple mildly funny ones though. Didn't fap to them, since humor is a bit of a turn off for me when I'm in the middle of it.
Well, there were those times where you do your "business" and then comes a horribly translated part.. turns you off really. I really dont mind re-writes especially if it fixes them.
Pages 12Next