[Locked] FAKKU Subscription Questions

I'll pass, I know you can read on your PC, but I read on my ipad & have no wifi. Hopefully there will be books to buy from the subscription artists. I'll stick to the digital books. Speaking of, there better be more because I almost have the entire catalog (that I like) as of now.
Etchimango wrote...
If we ordered a subscription, how do we cancel our subscription after lets say for a month? (Just in case I am not satisfied with it, but at the moment I am satisfied)

this too please. doubt i'll cancel because of not being satisfied but financial reasons though. I'm assuming the renewal can be automatic but will there be an option for it to be manual?
623 FAKKU QA
Etchimango wrote...
If we ordered a subscription, how do we cancel our subscription after lets say for a month? (Just in case I am not satisfied with it, but at the moment I am satisfied)

If you go to My Account -> Settings -> Fakku Gold, there's a thing at the bottom that says Cancel Subscription.
SpontaneousCombustion wrote...
As much as I'd like to support this by purchasing a subscription, I just can't bring myself to do so. 12.95 a month is ridiculous. Crunchyroll is 6.95 and Funimation is 7.95 (give or take a few cents), and I get way more out of either of those services than I ever get from Fakku. I'd consider paying if it was less than Crunchyroll, but as things stand there is no way a Fakku subscription would be worth my money. I simply don't read enough hentai to justify paying that much. Maybe other people do, but I certainly don't. Again, I appreciate what you're trying to do here, but it doesn't work for me.

I completely understand and if you don't think the service is worth it definitely don't feel obligated to subscribe. As an adult website we face quite a few more obstacles than a traditional subscription service (Crunchyroll, Netflix, etc), and in this case there are also a considerable amount of artists that get paid (around 50 per month), so unfortunately we can't lower the price.

All that said we will have daily uploads of brand new content and it will only continue to grow in the future. Come check us out again in a few months and see if you're interested then.
623 wrote...
Etchimango wrote...

If you go to My Account -> Settings -> Fakku Gold, there's a thing at the bottom that says Cancel Subscription.

That would not end your current subscription would it? I mean, you still have access to your subscription until it expires? it just cancels automation of renewal?
Etchimango the Ero-Fruit
One thing I would like, but doubt would happen would be a download button. I like to carry my H-manga/Doujinshi to go without the use of data.
This will probably be one more post in the sea of the thread, but I'd like to point out to people griping about the price that holding up Netflix or internet subscription as a comparison is a bad one, for the simple reason that they have exponentially more users. Netflix has tens of millions of subscribers to spread costs over- I'll be very surprised if Fakku breaks 100,000, and it would do well to break 10,000 (Jacob, it would be cool to keep us semi updated on this). Even Crunchyroll and Funimation have far larger bases, and more revenue routes that they can lean on as well to keep their business models stable. That means that base costs are harder to swallow for Fakku, both initially and when offerings expand. I also can't confirm this, since I'm hardly privy to how things get worked out, but I'd wager that the agreements Fakku has made with partner companies are significantly different than what anime sites have set up. It's better to compare the price of the magazines themselves if you bought them in Japan, which is probably similar to the Fakku Subscription price.

If the real reason is that the price is now more than free, well, there are a ton of other sites for that. Don't get pissy and take it personally because those of us who have been waiting for a chance to support artists/the industry/our hobby now have it.
Volaverunt wrote...
Nice, but there is still a lot of room to improve, like gallery descriptions, artists' info, circle renamings, magazine's information, better tagging, etc.
This has always been needed, and now that you are planning to "grow big" you should address these things as well.

We definitely plan to do all of this fairly soon. One of the big benefits of adding a subscription to FAKKU is that it gives us a stable operating income each month (where books are more variable based on artist/title). With that we can really start to invest in those kinds of quality of life changes.
Enos29 wrote...
At first, congratulation to this huge step! The webside is taking a good way.

Spoiler:
Forum Image: https://t.fakku.net/images/upload/Shut-Up-And-Take-My-Money-1024x1280-1080x864.jpg

My question: What's gonna happen to the Uploaders after all of the unlicensed content gets removed?

Anyone who has uploaded content to the site over the past few years (yourself included) will be getting complimentary subscriptions on me. It will probably happen sometime next week once things have calmed down.
Is there going to be a way to filter through the subscription uploads? While I love the idea, I can't actually subscribe at the moment, and since I browse the front page for new stuff, it'd be really nice to toggle off the subscription posts since, you know, I can't actually read them.
Pirrow wrote...
Theres so much id like to say but it would just be a uneducated random nobodys futile opinion on the matter. I understand what both sides are saying. I wish this happened in the spring or next summer when winter isnt coming and moneys tight! Keep on keeping on and ill cya when I cya Fakku. ❤ D:

P.S. Someone may have asked this and/or I missed it being said someplace (Sorry in advance if so :x). If you sub than unsub do you still get to view the content for that month?

I promise we'll keep working hard to make FAKKU awesome. And yes if you subscribe and then cancel the renewal it will last the full month you paid for.

doom2060 wrote...
I was wondering what currency the payments are in?

USD
StaticTY The Economist
Jacob wrote...
chato829 wrote...
This isn't regarding the subscription, but is this the end of the free readable content? I've been here since nearly the start (made an account eventually). I supported you guys also ( my badge :D ) but was just wondering if the free to read people are not going to get free to read content anymore.

There will come a time where we offer premium content (books, magazines, etc) for free. In order to reach that point we need to remove scanlations from the website, which is the current free content. It's a necessary step for us and it does suck to lose that content, but it's a step I am proud to take.

I'm a long time Fakku supporter and I offer my monetary support through the means of purchasing your merchandise(Books,skateboard,etc). This site was originally a bastion for people to enjoy quality hentai and in return we offered our support in purchases of merch. The whole idea of removing free content from the website in order to promote further subscription seems more like a slap to the face. I know this is not your intent, but it kinda feels that way. Its as if your twisting my arm in order for me to read content on this site. I'm sorry if i come out mean, I'm just shocked from this announcement. You also said your proud about it, which kinda hurt a bit too. I just need time to think this over

Plus $12.95 is steep. I believe you the quality and content is good, but damn. Its also a digital copy only, not a physical copy. I'd actually jump on if a physical copy was part of the deal.

I loved you Jacob TT-TT. How could you do this to me
I'd like option to buy for a month without automatic renewal.
Kalem Darkfire wrote...
Okay so this may just be a dumb question but will free accounts be able to still have forum access and the ability to DM each other? As much as I do enjoy the content that is put out by you guys reading through the forums and chatting with the awesome community has been some of my favorite moments.

Of course! Free accounts will always have access to the forums and all that. And we'll be adding a lot more community features in the future. And I promise one day soon we will properly resurrect Motemote.
Awesome, thanks for clarifying that we get to read all the content stored whenever we order a subscription. If that's the case though, I feel that there really should be a bundle deal at some point since there is the issue of monetary budgets and whatnot for people who want to subscribe for a year(Of course this is a later feature that I would expect, not now in Beta).

Another question then, are we able to download the chapters like we can with FAKKU Books? I'd like to think we can since people who are subscribed should be able to read the content at a later date without the need of an internet connection (When and where you read is their own discretion).
Soralover wrote...
Okay, good for u guys, but I really want my 5 years worth of deleted favorites back, just the names, PLEASE. PLEASE? PLEASE??? Why are you taking so much time for something as simple as that? There is A LOT of ppl waiting... Come on.

The favorite/collection export has been online for a month now! Just look at the top right of the page on your favorites/collections, you can export all the data to JSON (including removed/controversial content).
KAN-Man wrote...
Hey, it's happening! This is really neato so far, and I'm on board with what's coming up. Though in the future, will the magazine chapters be released all at once when the magazine is published? 40 to 50 chapters is a lot, but it factors to 1-2 per day if you partition it that way. Personally I don't mind, but I would like to hear about this, and what others think of the flow of content through the service.

As we continue to grow it's possible in the future, but highly unlikely. There is a ton of work that goes into the magazines.
623 FAKKU QA
Jacob wrote...
Volaverunt wrote...
Nice, but there is still a lot of room to improve, like gallery descriptions, artists' info, circle renamings, magazine's information, better tagging, etc.
This has always been needed, and now that you are planning to "grow big" you should address these things as well.

We definitely plan to do all of this fairly soon. One of the big benefits of adding a subscription to FAKKU is that it gives us a stable operating income each month (where books are more variable based on artist/title). With that we can really start to invest in those kinds of quality of life changes.

These are all good ideas and I especially agree with the tags one. I used to not care in the past, but after seeing the abundance of tags on, say, Ex, I think it's time Fakku starts catching up. When new tags are implemented, I'd be willing to be a helper to retroactively tag uploaded manga if that's something you guys think might be useful.
Congrats on the launch of the subscription service!!
I'm looking forward to this and the much more to come!!!
frozened wrote...
1. Will there be free contents or all the releases be available to subscribers only?

For now all of the content will be available to subscribers only.

frozened wrote...
2. Will the "FAKKU Subscription" contents be available to free users after X number of months?

This is something we will probably add in the future (maybe). We'll definitely figure out a way to make some of the content available for free users.

frozened wrote...
3. If possible, can free users "hide" all subscription/books only content?

We can add a user config option to hide all FAKKU Books/FAKKU Subscription content, however once scanlations are removed there really won't be much left to see...

DonPatrono wrote...
Gentlemen, it was a good run while it lasted, but now i will take my farewell
you can say all you want for the fact that fakku works with 50+ artists, translates their works immediately, and so on
But in my opinion almost 13$ monthly are too much for what i use and what it offers
if it was less expensive, maybe I could have stayed
good luck with everything, Jacob, no ill feeling

Thank you for the kind words, and thanks for sticking with FAKKU for so long. Check back again in a few months and see if it's more valuable to you then.