FAKKU Reader Help, Feedback and Bug Report Thread

Daiz FAKKU Developer
What iPad are you using? Is iOS (and the browsers) as up-to-date as possible on it? Does it happen with everything or some specific content? Our initial testing with a more recent iPad Mini seems to work fine, so we're going to need more details to figure out what could be causing your issues.
Glad to see two-page view in the list of feature requests. It's a must have for some of the spreads in TiTiKEi.
waterflame FAKKUDL.NET
On IOS 5.1.1 (iPAD first gen) and IOS 6.1.2 (iPhone 4) when trying to zoom in or out the image just disappears
Forum Image: http://i.imgur.com/k60s89G.png
Don't get me wrong I think the UI looks great. But if may suggest adding an opacity meter for the red bars on the settings. I mean I know how to hide the UI but I feel like it's cutting the pages.
waterflame FAKKUDL.NET
I wouldn't mind just being given the "free" reader.. It makes reading way more enjoyable.. (well for me).. maybe in a strip format so you can just scroll :p ?
I♥Ecchi Ecchi is ♥ Ecchi is ✞
i would like to support the idea of let us decide witch reader we use the normal reader is working fine for me but the new one is killing my firefox constant crashe plus the imagen disapear so i woluld love to use the normal one
Daiz FAKKU Developer
The reader has been updated once again. If anyone has been having issues with their browser crashing in the reader recently, you should try and see if everything is fine now. However, if things still keep crashing, you should go to the options menu and change the new setting "Downscaling Method" to "Fast" and try again. This should hopefully eliminate any crashing for sure.

Besides that, this update introduces some minor tweaks to touch controls to make them feel nicer and reduce accidental touch actions.
@Daiz After not visiting Fakku in the last two weeks due to work and stuff, I tried again now, and my Chrome crashed after four pageflips. So nope, the fast downscaling option didn't help. And to say this in advance: Firefox runs even worse on this site. Even though the new reader looks really neat, considering its below-the-bottom performance, I would actually prefer the standard reader.
Daiz FAKKU Developer
Zenobias wrote...
@Daiz After not visiting Fakku in the last two weeks due to work and stuff, I tried again now, and my Chrome crashed after four pageflips. So nope, the fast downscaling option didn't help. And to say this in advance: Firefox runs even worse on this site. Even though the new reader looks really neat, considering its below-the-bottom performance, I would actually prefer the standard reader.

Are you getting crashes on mobile or desktop? This most recent update was primarily intended to address potential crashes on non-mobile devices. Either way, it would be helpful to have as detailed information as possible if you're getting crashes. What OS are you on? Is your browser up to date? Are you using a standard browser (eg. just the default Google Chrome, not Chrome Canary or some other non-vanilla version of Chrome)? Are you using any extensions, and if yes, does it change anything if you disable them all? Have you customized the reader's own settings in any way?
waterflame FAKKUDL.NET
Sweet found out that by setting scaling to fit to height now displays full pages~! Any chance in the future of having two pages ? : 3 It's a nice feature especially with spread pages~!
HimariNaruse Bandit of Cake
Having a slight issue with the new reader on my phone. At times I would have to double-tap the screen to change the page.

Other than that, not much else to say about it problem wise.
Daiz wrote...

Are you getting crashes on mobile or desktop? This most recent update was primarily intended to address potential crashes on non-mobile devices. Either way, it would be helpful to have as detailed information as possible if you're getting crashes. What OS are you on? Is your browser up to date? Are you using a standard browser (eg. just the default Google Chrome, not Chrome Canary or some other non-vanilla version of Chrome)? Are you using any extensions, and if yes, does it change anything if you disable them all? Have you customized the reader's own settings in any way?

Only on mobile phone! The desktop version runs perfectly (on Firefox) with the browser only using 200MB of RAM! And I already told you, I'm on Android 4.1.2 (pretty old, but the newest version I can get without rooting my phone). Available RAM is about 450MB. I'm using up-to-date standard Google Chrome for Android, NO extensions or modifications AT ALL. Tried changing some browser settings and reader settings but that doesn't help.
Is it just me or does the premium reader sometimes just freeze? mobile and desktop
also on mobile sometimes just a black screen? I can still go onto the next page but theres always one page thats just black on the premium reader
Flipping thr page keep crashing on my phone..
HimariNaruse Bandit of Cake
apostrofree wrote...
Is it just me or does the premium reader sometimes just freeze? mobile and desktop

Nope, I've also started to have this same issue.
Daiz FAKKU Developer
Is this freezing temporary (like only lasts for a bit) or does it require a reload to fix?
Daiz wrote...
Is this freezing temporary (like only lasts for a bit) or does it require a reload to fix?

Yeah, it's only temporary freeze, and it happens more often when you go back and forth between pages you've already read (in my case)
I've heard it mentioned, but having a two page reader would be a really nice feature. A two-page reader would use up more of the available space on my widescreen, and it feels more natural because that's what a real book tends to look like. I think that be great as an optional feature and not forced because I can see cases of where single page is still preferred.

I like the layout of the Premium Reader but as of right now I prefer the free reader for a few simple reasons:

scrolling down to the bottom of a page in the premium reader takes you to the next page which is really annoying because I end up playing this game where I scroll back to the previous page and then try to scroll down again and stop just before the page switches but I still end up on the next page because frankly I have no clue where to stop. On the free reader the page stops at the end of the page until you click to go to the next page.

To deal with this I've fallen into the habit of using the premium reader always on fit to height mode. And now here's the thing, the text is really blurry because of the zoom.
Daiz FAKKU Developer
legendofzeroone wrote...
snip

The reader has a settings menu in the top right corner. You can turn the scroll wheel page change off there if you want to. You can also use the "Fast" downscaling method if you find the "Smooth" setting too blurry to your liking.
Daiz wrote...
legendofzeroone wrote...
snip

The reader has a settings menu in the top right corner. You can turn the scroll wheel page change off there if you want to. You can also use the "Fast" downscaling method if you find the "Smooth" setting too blurry to your liking.

That's cool! I have been converted. Now if only it would stop freezing.