Does this bother you with your books?

Most of you know that books are just a collection of stories from a magazine. As the artist draws his level of skill increases and his style develops. What kind of bothers me in my books is when most of the chapters are in one style, and then there are like 1/2 chapters that are lesser in quality. A good example is the Shape Up chapter in PukiKano. So is this just me being too picky, or does this bother any of you guys also? Do you wish that artists would make sure that their whole books were consistent in quality or do you not care?
Romana FAKKU Letterer
It personally never bothered me because as an artist myself, I love to see the evolution of an a person's art style. It does sort of annoy me when the chapters are out of order from publication (like putting the oldest with the older art style in the middle of a book when it should be in the start) but really, artist don't keep consistent styles.

You notice a little evolution from one one volume to the next. It's something really apparent with regular comics or manga. Like, you can look at a long running series, like Naruto for example, check out volume one, and then check out the final volume of the manga. They'd look like they're drawn by completely different people, but in that time period you come to understand how much better they become, and notice what makes the art better. Ero-manga artist unfortunately (or fortunately) don't draw a chapter a week. Some go months in between a chapter, some only do two chapters a year, or less. This will mean you'll probably see a serious fluctuation from one chapter to the next when they're all collected in a single book.
Romana wrote...
It personally never bothered me because as an artist myself, I love to see the evolution of an a person's art style. It does sort of annoy me when the chapters are out of order from publication (like putting the oldest with the older art style in the middle of a book when it should be in the start) but really, artist don't keep consistent styles.

You notice a little evolution from one one volume to the next. It's something really apparent with regular comics or manga. Like, you can look at a long running series, like Naruto for example, check out volume one, and then check out the final volume of the manga. They'd look like they're drawn by completely different people, but in that time period you come to understand how much better they become, and notice what makes the art better. Ero-manga artist unfortunately (or fortunately) don't draw a chapter a week. Some go months in between a chapter, some only do two chapters a year, or less. This will mean you'll probably see a serious fluctuation from one chapter to the next when they're all collected in a single book.

I think thats why I like Renai Sample so much. It seems in that book, Homunculus had the same quality and the same style across all chapters. In Hajirai Break his style was evolving a lot more. Also more so than style, you really notice how much more detail his later works have compared to the earlier projects.
GODsHandOnEarth (Not-so-)Grim Reaper
I must say it never really bothered me. The artist is a human after all, so his abilities will always change.

What really bothers me is when an artist creates a great story, ends it at a very, very, very interesting point that seems like there must be a sequel in work and never makes one.

One example would be Ancient Astronauts by harazaki takuma or Sister Complex by E-Musu Aki
luinthoron High Priest of Loli
What's wrong with Shape Up? It's one of the nicest chapters in that book...
KogXXV Loves a good plot
The first book someone writes or draws is usually the roughest one and I expect that from the first works an artist does. Lets look at MEME50 first book, XXX Maiden, and his later stuff. MEME50 drawn all of it but you can easily see the huge differences between them.

But seeing the difference in art can be odd if they are in the same book. There is usually a chapter in a book that I didn't like as much as the others. I remember the first chapter of TiTiKEi having an almost completely different art then all of the others but I typically don't let that bother me, for every one chapter of that there is at least 6 more I really like.
Romana wrote...
Ero-manga artist unfortunately (or fortunately) don't draw a chapter a week.

I'd say this is probably a good thing. The only reason why I can't stand Shonen Jump or any publication that takes on the "20 pages a week" style is that you can clearly see in terms of art and story that no one can put out high quality work at that pace.

Taking Naruto as an example you'll see action scenes that are essentially the characters posed with swirling lines covering the entire page for half the chapter. You also get a lot of talking heads taking up half the page. As far as story goes, the backstory is a mess (how old is the Leaf village since they are only on their 5th Hokage and most of the previous ones died young? What the hell is going on with Kakashi's backstory, the timeline is all over the place).

Not knocking the artist, since I know 20 pages in a week is an insane pace, especially when cranking them out week after week. I just think its good business that leads to bad manga.
KogXXV wrote...
The first book someone writes or draws is usually the roughest one and I expect that from the first works an artist does. Lets look at MEME50 first book, XXX Maiden, and his later stuff. MEME50 drawn all of it but you can easily see the huge differences between them.

But seeing the difference in art can be odd if they are in the same book. There is usually a chapter in a book that I didn't like as much as the others. I remember the first chapter of TiTiKEi having an almost completely different art then all of the others but I typically don't let that bother me, for every one chapter of that there is at least 6 more I really like.

XXX Maiden is MEME's first book?
KogXXV Loves a good plot
meme50superfan wrote...
KogXXV wrote...

That is what I believe the wani site said.
KogXXV wrote...
meme50superfan wrote...
KogXXV wrote...

That is what I believe the wani site said.

Looking at that site reminded me how much I want Meme50's holy grail: Limit Break!! Fakku WHEN?! Btw, the later works do look better for sure.
KogXXV Loves a good plot
meme50superfan wrote...

Looking at that site reminded me how much I want Meme50's holy grail: Limit Break!! Fakku WHEN?! Btw, the later works do look better for sure.

Everyone has their first steps and artists are no different. Takeda Hiromitsu started out writing vanilla works before doing that twist in Ima Real and doing almost pure NTR for a while. But his latest work looks like he is going back to his pre-NTR phase; Sister Breeder, which I hope a certain site might start selling cough.

I am also waiting for those other Meme50 books.
KogXXV wrote...
meme50superfan wrote...

Everyone has their first steps and artists are no different. Takeda Hiromitsu started out writing vanilla works before doing that twist in Ima Real and doing almost pure NTR for a while. But his latest work looks like he is going back to his pre-NTR phase; Sister Breeder, which I hope a certain site might start selling cough.

Incest is win-cest.
I would say it does, but it's inevitable in a sense. Being an artist and writer is different from being an office or fast food worker. You can't expect them to make 5 different things and still manage satisfy the taste of thousands of people. It's even harder when you are under pressure because it's a publish or starve type of career. I am not satisfied with all the books I had so far. But I'm not bothered by it at all.
KogXXV wrote...
meme50superfan wrote...

Takeda Hiromitsu has done NTR/mind break/mind control since the beginning, majority of his doujins feature them.
KogXXV Loves a good plot
Dynellen wrote...
KogXXV wrote...
meme50superfan wrote...

Takeda Hiromitsu has done NTR/mind break/mind control since the beginning, majority of his doujins feature them.

I know when he did stuff based on other works he did NTR but I could have sworn that Tsundero was his first book with his first original characters and had no NTR at all.
Dynellen wrote...
KogXXV wrote...
meme50superfan wrote...

Sister Breeder seems to be free from NTR. Couldnt be happier. It seems all the best artists just draw NTR...
KogXXV Loves a good plot
meme50superfan wrote...
Dynellen wrote...
KogXXV wrote...
meme50superfan wrote...

Sister Breeder seems to be free from NTR. Couldnt be happier. It seems all the best artists just draw NTR...

Well there are certain styles that tend to fit the NTR and forced stories. Stuff like group sex with multiple guys on one girl and a good bit of bondage.

One of my favorite artist is Erect Sawaru. He does really weird ass stories that I think are probably one of the best because of how long it is and how much time he put into them. Most of his stories are not vanilla but there is no NTR endings (except for one) and I like how he build them up.

The reason I bring him up is that he had a vanilla story and it was one girl and one guy and it seemed ....lacking. While it is nice it did not really fit how he draws in my opinion.He's art is not exactly tuned to do that and a lot of Takeda Hiromitsu art is kind of like that too.
KogXXV wrote...
meme50superfan wrote...
Dynellen wrote...
KogXXV wrote...
meme50superfan wrote...

Well there are certain styles that tend to fit the NTR and forced stories. Stuff like group sex with multiple guys on one girl and a good bit of bondage.

One of my favorite artist is Erect Sawaru. He does really weird ass stories that I think are probably one of the best because of how long it is and how much time he put into them. Most of his stories are not vanilla but there is no NTR endings (except for one) and I like how he build them up.

The reason I bring him up is that he had a vanilla story and it was one girl and one guy and it seemed ....lacking. While it is nice it did not really fit how he draws in my opinion.He's art is not exactly tuned to do that and a lot of Takeda Hiromitsu art is kind of like that too.

Idk man, the first chapter of IMA Real is really good, I really enjoyed it and thought the art was spot on. I think I get what you mean though.