[Shindo L] Metamorphosis

animefreak_usa Child of Samael
Bought. Yeah. Now is the question of will i be alive when it comes.
Brittany FAKKU Production Mngr
So I've been waiting on this book to go live for preorder because I've been wanting to make a comment about it. I didn't edit this chapter but I've been involved in reviewing and making sure the book is put together completely - so I've read it in quite some detail.

I'm a pretty straight line vanilla fan. I like some things that spice it up a bit, but I've never been into NTR and I've never been into things like cheating etc. My favorite artist is Napata and I just love me some sweet vanilla. Needless to say I didn't think I'd enjoy this book. But after helping with working on it I've been converted to a Shindo L fan, and I have a lot of respect for this artist.

I wasn't necessarily attracted to the body proportions or sexiness of the main female character in the book, and it definitely wasn't the tags involved with the sex scenes that kept me reading, it just had an amazing story to it. It was like 230+ pages of a train wreck and I couldn't look away from it. I was captivated by the mood and tone set for the book, I was interested in the main female character and what was going on with her. The whole book is one big story and it being called Metamorphosis you're basically reading about a girl changing into something else and growing up and down a specific path and how one thing just leads to another. Shindo L did an amazing job creating a story that shocked and kept my interest while feeling a large variety of emotions throughout it.
Likhos01 Monster Girl Lover
YES, finally.
This would be a perfect Valentine's gift for anyone!

February 2017 would become a pretty exciting month!
EddieBeInBeddie Tea, Coffee, Glances
Brittany wrote...
I'm a pretty straight line vanilla fan. [...] Shindo L did an amazing job creating a story that shocked and kept my interest while feeling a large variety of emotions throughout it.

This reminds me of a book by Warren Ellis and Jacen Burrows published by Avatar called Scars. It's a crime drama and there are monsters at the end of it. I saw the ending coming... but it was still a kick in the gut.

Scars and Metamorphosis both are books that can break you down. And you're kind of glad they did for the new perspective it gives you.

I stay mainly vanilla, with occasional touches of mind control and mind break when I find the story griping or especially hot.

I read this for the story; it's one of those times the feelings invoked out strip any titillation for me. Not that I'm saying you're enjoying it wrong if it has turned you on. I know people who found it hot. Mind you, many of those tell me it STILL hit them far harder than expected as a story. One noted she had to keep reminding herself our MC was fictional.

Which is perhaps the surest sign Shindo L did it right.
ntfakku Reads & Collects Stuff
The kind of genre ShindoL does is pretty heartbreaking but at the same time I go "Why am I reading this?" *keeps reading... and other stuff.*

So for that reason I love ShindoL.
ntfakku wrote...
The kind of genre ShindoL does is pretty heartbreaking but at the same time I go "Why am I reading this?" *keeps reading... and other stuff.*

Oh come on, the ones with the handicapped girls are pretty cute.
Likhos01 wrote...
ntfakku wrote...

And it's nice when you see those from time to time, don't get me wrong, though you can't deny the general approach some artists go for in a majority of their works.
ntfakku wrote...
Likhos01 wrote...
ntfakku wrote...

And it's nice when you see those from time to time, don't get me wrong, though you can't deny the general approach some artists go for in a majority of their works.

The commonality seems to be a sort of deal we strike with the Hootch when we read his works.

'I'll give you your fetish, your smut-- if you're willing to deal with my characters as they come.'

In Fragile and Tough, we get the tragedy that lost the woman her limbs. We also get the sweetness of her and the man she was in the accident with finally connecting.

In Metamorphosis? You get your corruption, your broken girl... but we'll follow her to the bitter end.
Ah, yes. Fragile & Tough is one of my favorite stories from ShindoL. It's bittersweet and touching. I hope to see that one in a release one day.
ntfakku wrote...
Ah, yes. Fragile & Tough is one of my favorite stories from ShindoL. It's bittersweet and touching. I hope to see that one in a release one day.

the book it is in is from Mujin.
luinthoron High Priest of Loli
ntfakku wrote...

That, and Barrier Free.
animefreak_usa Child of Samael
Jacob wrote...
metamorphosis-desk.png

Ahh it's like im back in highschool.
That sidebar add for the book you guys posted... simple but effective.

I'm holding off on reading until I can download. Certain things I know I'll need to read in one sitting.
623 FAKKU QA
EddieBeInBeddie wrote...
That sidebar add for the book you guys posted... simple but effective.

Oh that's a cool ad. I like it.
Been waiting for this one. Will pre-order when I get some free money. I also like the sidebar ad on the main page.
sl01 Yuri and Traps FTW
Hey folks at Fakku, I have idea/request for a nice large wall scroll connected to Metamorphosis. When you go to the store tab and click on the link to order the book you see that image of the three stages of yoshiba. That would be a awesome wall scroll that I would pay for. If, I keep throwing my ideas out something my come to fruition. Thanks for your dedication.
Okay. For all of you who feel the soul stabbing from this (fapping aside, many have noted the stab), and find it leading them down some paths that make you earnestly depressed, I offer some perspective.

I've known people-- men and women-- who went through a lot of the shit Saki does.

Some of her story strikes a very personal chord with things in my own life. I've had family turn on me rather than believe another member did something. I wasn't born with a knee this prone to dislocating.

This shit? Happens. And I've seen worse. There's always worse.

And it's because of this I can tell you... a lot of us do make it out the other side. You're changed, and damn are there things you have to deal with. But while it is not a just world that guarantees any of us make it... it's not an injust one either. It just is. There's just us.
ShindoL has left a comment on Metamorphosis! Head on over to the chapter to see what he said about the release.

shindol-comment.png

I've also made it so artist accounts are verified, if an artist leaves a comment with their official account it will show up in red with a check mark.