Downloading from Fakku

I'm posting here because the thread that posted the topic was locked. I've been holding back on subscribing from Fakku for a long time now simply because users aren't allowed to download galleries they didn't pay the original artist for. It's a request that at least from my perspective seems largely neglected despite the fact that most people would use this feature and would absolutely benefit both Fakku and it's subscribers.

The argument against this ultimately boils down to this:

"First off, in the future it would be preferable to make a new thread instead of digging up an old largely unrelated one from 2012.

Onto the main matter then: downloads are unlikely to ever happen for the subscription due to the fact that it gives you access to all the released magazine chapters, and it wouldn't really be feasible business-wise for us to allow someone to subscribe for just a month, download everything (currently over 300 chapters and growing) and then stop subscribing right after.

We will most likely start selling individual magazine issues at some point, which you could buy like books and get downloads for, but it will be a separate thing from the subscription itself." - Daiz

Yes, but what about everything released after that customer's subscription has ended?
CloudSheps wrote...
Yes, but what about everything released after that customer's subscription has ended?

Basically all a user would have to do is subscribe for 1 month, theoretically if a user subscribes in December then downloads every single chapter available they can cancel their subscription.

Then the next year they just do it again, from a business standpoint it’s not very feasible at all, to have someone come in download your entire library and then just live off that for a while before subscribing again to only download and cancel again.
luckydog001 wrote...
CloudSheps wrote...

Basically all a user would have to do is subscribe for 1 month, theoretically if a user subscribes in December then downloads every single chapter available they can cancel their subscription.

Then the next year they just do it again, from a business standpoint it’s not very feasible at all, to have someone come in download your entire library and then just live off that for a while before subscribing again to only download and cancel again.

And this will destroy fakku?
CloudSheps wrote...

I am not against downloading I would prefer to do it myself.

The way I see it is FAKKU’s biggest threat is pirates, yes pirates will always be around always illegally uploading stuff to less reputable websites, so on and so forth. However giving them the option to download everything in a convenient manor and then immediately re upload somewhere else is making it a bit too easy.
CloudSheps wrote...

It just makes it easier to pirate. Plus this would make it cheaper to sub at the end of the year and dl the years library. So yeah if a bunch of people just sub once a year to do them, how would fakku recoup the losses. Raising rates, firing staff, less content and/or running a lost.
YQII FAKKU Translator
It's not a neglected request. What Daiz wrote 1½ years ago pretty much still stands. It's a subscription service, and as such, you get access to all the content only when you have an active subscription. There are other subscription models that could be explored, but those would likely have to be more limited (such as only giving access to the current month's issues) and more expensive (pricing it closer in line with actually buying the magazines, which all cost $4-7 each).
YQII wrote...
It's not a neglected request. What Daiz wrote 1½ years ago pretty much still stands. It's a subscription service, and as such, you get access to all the content only when you have an active subscription. There are other subscription models that could be explored, but those would likely have to be more limited (such as only giving access to the current month's issues) and more expensive (pricing it closer in line with actually buying the magazines, which all cost $4-7 each).

It's neglected as far as it's a request that still has yet to be accommodated. I get it. It's your website and you want to make money. Do what you want with it, but really there's no other website that does what Fakku does and I don't mean that as a compliment I mean nobody else hordes all the hentai and only allows it to be viewed if you have an internet connection and a subscription.

For what Fakku comics that already have been pirated, there's still plenty that haven't been pirated that make a subscription very tempting. Here's the thing: pirates are going to keep pirating no matter what. It doesn't matter how many you lock away on this site, there will always be more hentai available for free. So your argument isn't particularly on the strong side bar that apparently Fakku employees may lose their jobs as if that's a concern for the average consumer.

I'm curious, is Fakku's subscriber count increasing? If so, from a business perspective I absolutely could understand why you wouldn't change anything. Otherwise it makes little sense to not make some sort of incentive to get more people aboard. All this talk over hentai comic monetization and hentai business is giving me a softie.
animefreak_usa wrote...
CloudSheps wrote...

It just makes it easier to pirate. Plus this would make it cheaper to sub at the end of the year and dl the years library. So yeah if a bunch of people just sub once a year to do them, how would fakku recoup the losses. Raising rates, firing staff, less content and/or running a lost.

Is there any evidence to prove that a large enough portion of the subscriber-base would actually do this to a damaging degree? To the point of people losing their jobs? (As if that's a concern for the consumer.)

Or has this point been only theoretically substantial from it's conception?
CloudSheps wrote...
Do what you want with it, but really there's no other website that does what Fakku does and I don't mean that as a compliment I mean nobody else hordes all the hentai and only allows it to be viewed if you have an internet connection and a subscription.

Crunchyroll? Netflix? Weekly Shounen Jump?

There's plenty non-hentai related sites that offer a service similiar to Fakku's and does not allow its users to download content from their site.
Nowadays piracy is about streaming/browsing more than downloading. Otherwise you wouldn't see certain ads&malwares crammed pirate sites become so popular.

A subscription service offering a large amount of content at affordable price, with the unfortunate no download caveat, is actually the most viable and effective way to reach that underserved audience that pirates are.

However, not being able to download pains me. Something like a premium sub, like 18$ (5$ increase, with transparency on what artists get) to be able to download 10-15 chapters released 30 or more days before, even excluding chapters planned for book release, would be appreciated.
YQII FAKKU Translator
CloudSheps wrote...

I didn't bring up piracy because it's never really a factor in any of the decisions we make, and this is no exception. Downloads aren't feasible because of the business model, not because we want to prevent piracy. A lot of businesses adopt the all-access, subscription based model nowadays, so I strongly disagree that we're unique in this. For the same reason you need an active subscription to watch Netflix or play an MMO, you need one to access our library.

To clarify, I'm talking about the option to download everything with just a subscription. It's possible that downloads could be implemented in some other way.
Ryssen wrote...
CloudSheps wrote...
Do what you want with it, but really there's no other website that does what Fakku does and I don't mean that as a compliment I mean nobody else hordes all the hentai and only allows it to be viewed if you have an internet connection and a subscription.

There's plenty non-hentai related sites that offer a service similiar to Fakku's and does not allow its users to download content from their site.

What about HentaiHaven?
CloudSheps wrote...
Ryssen wrote...
CloudSheps wrote...

What about HentaiHaven?

What about HentaiHaven? HentaiHaven is an illegal streaming and download site. No transactions are involved.