Winter Writing Contest 2017: Winners

Xenon FAKKU Writer
Forum Image: https://i.ibb.co/ZfTfxBk/2017-14.jpg

This year's annual Winter Writing Contest has reached the end and the winners have been decided by both the judges and community!

Congratulations goes to Yanker for winning the Judge's Choice and Reader's Choice awards with his submission Sonata by the Sea. This entry was simply phenomenal. It was written, expressed, and described very well. The heavy emphasis on romanticism through dedication to ideals in both plot and setting allowed the readers and judges alike to easily be drawn into this wondrous and mysterious world. You've had a talent for a long time for crafting your own unique settings and I'm pleased to see you've only gotten better at articulating these ideas.

We also wanted to honor waterflame and TaurusNitram as the Runners-up to the Reader's Choice award for their entries Meeting and I have a problem. Thank you for your entries with intriguing and curved twists and turns.

With Yanker winning both Choice awards, we're going to give the Judge's Choice prize to TaurusNitram since they were the judge's choice for the runner-up position. That means that their runner-up prize that they won from the polls will be given to leonard267 for his entry For the Greater Food. Congratulations, leonard! You still won a prize! Four entrants, four prizes, I think this was fairly predictable that everyone would win something.

With some specific details about what this means for the prizes, the winners of the Judge's Choice and Reader's Choice awards, Yanker and (next in line) TaurusNitram, will each win $25 of value to the FAKKU store. This can include two months of subscription to FAKKU!, a digital FAKKU! publication, or a physical publication delivered to you, or any other merchandise sold in the store under the qualifying amount.

The Runners-up, waterflame and leonard267, will receive any one (1) current or future digital download of a $10 FAKKU publication, a $10 value towards the FAKKU store. For a list of current and planned releases, check this link to the FAKKU! Store Manga & Doujinshi page. This could also be a full month subscription to FAKKU!

Additionally, Yanker and TaurusNitram have won a 3-stanza poem each dedicated to their honor. waterflame and leonard267 will be regaled with a limerick. You may find these in the next post. You will also be able to receive an exclusive custom "FAKKU Writer" rank on the FAKKU Discord server

Lastly, special thanks goes out to the authors who participated in this year's contest and I hope it was as rewarding for you as it was for us, on behalf of the judges: xninebreaker, d(^_^)(^_^)d, and myself. Thank you, it was an honor to arrange and judge this contest for you all. I will now provide my specific corrections and comments on entries to those of you who desire it. Please post here or message me if you would like and I will post it publicly, or privately if you wish.

Honorable mentions for this year:

There are none. Everyone won a prize, so they're all winners. If everyone is an honorable mention, then that means no one is too.

Ah, whatever. I'll just give it to leonard267 for the dog picture. They look cute.

Dishonorable mention also goes to leonard267 because I think that's what he would want. Not for any particular reason.

Lastly, thank you again to everyone who participated and read, and may next year hold even greater things for us all.
Xenon FAKKU Writer
Poems and Limericks

Poems

Yanker:
Forum Image: http://oi65.tinypic.com/n5h4b6.jpg

Please allow me to share this with you
A tale of performance and rescue
A young boy, Svalinn, child of Sven
And don't forget his sister, Eres, then

Svalinn was compassionate and brave
To make a broken instrument behave
He played a tale from beginning to end
Moving a crowd, to cry and to mend

When his tale reached its climax, just who did join in?
A lovely girl Sonata, his heart she did win
Their performance had no name, however ironically
It would then widely be known as "Sonata by the Sea"

TaurusNitram:
Forum Image: http://oi67.tinypic.com/wqzddx.jpg

It was a somber piece and began to declare
About monsters that torment and are unfair
Such punishment would be intolerable to some
It takes bravery to admit one has a problem

Was this a real? Was this serious?
Trial and hardship can make you delirious
Shouts of condescension and worthlessness
They add up and tear us to bits

When all seemed lost, his phone did ring out
It halted him from the voices' clout
A girl saved him, she would not let him die
Please be there for those who silently cry

Limericks

waterflame:
Forum Image: http://oi65.tinypic.com/14dfudd.jpg

waterflame, is it water or flame?
opposing elements you made your name
this story with a twist
that girl should be pissed
her relationship will never be the same

leonard267:
Forum Image: http://oi58.tinypic.com/359z9e1.jpg

This story about Harold, was he a dog or a cow?
They led them in a herd as if they were a sow
They would be ate
As if it was their fate
I think I'm done with meat for now
Yanker I read hentai for plot
Thanks again for hosting. Hopefully we get a bigger turnout next year!

Also, damnit axislight I was waiting for your entry :(
Another year, another contest. Not as many entries as we'd hoped, but it was still fun. If anyone would like feedback from me, let me know.
xninebreaker FAKKU Writer
Though, I was also sad about the turnout, I'm still glad we held the contest, because I certainly had a great time judging the entries. Congratulations to everyone!

Likewise, if anyone would like commentary on their work, I am happy to either reply to the thread or send my comments through a private message.
leonard267 FAKKU Non-Writer
xninebreaker wrote...
Though, I was also sad about the turnout, I'm still glad we held the contest, because I certainly had a great time judging the entries. Congratulations to everyone!

Likewise, if anyone would like commentary on their work, I am happy to either reply to the thread or send my comments through a private message.

Any comment on my entry?