Rest in Peace, Waar

Pages Prev1234Next
Didn't always get along, but that's still extremely sad news to hear about. Rest in Peace... People so young passing away like this is always awful...
Waar was someone who gave me precious life advice and as someone who used Fakku as a means to improve my English skills, his way of articulating himself very precisely and how charismtatic and outspoken he was made me very envious. Most importantly, he was someone I enjoyed talking with a lot and I wish I could have been able to brag about my steps towards becoming a responsible adult.

His passing also reminded me of all of the great friends and memories I've made through this site. It makes me very happy to see all these old users drop in to say their blessings.

Fakku has truly been a great place. Thank you Jacob for creating it and thank you to everyone else that made the forum alive and breathing. It's sad to see Paul go but at least the forum went before him.
Gravity cat the adequately amused
Drifter995 wrote...
I think I also have to add, I feel like his guidance (as well as a few select others) actually helped me move passed the phase of being an incredible autist to somewhat of a normal person now. I do think I have him and a few others to thank for that. No doubt a few others that also saw the light, hah

It was partly his influence that I stopped being an autistic faggog.

I.B did a lot to shape me into who I am.

Oh god that's terrifying.
Cruz Dope Stone Lion
We kinda got along over our mutual love of being dicks. We butted heads, sometimes over nothing but it was still fun.

Hopefully you'll get all the breaded wieners your Canadian heart desires in the after life.
See ya on the other side Waar. You will forever be my favorite known mod.
I don't know where to begin.
I'm not a user here but I knew him through discord but I've been a lurker here years ago.

Paul was an amazing and helping person. When I got to hear the news about him passing I couldn't help but to bawl my eyes out and I was also filled with regret.

He was a close friend of mine, like an older brother I never had. He helped me with school and even real life issues.
Reading what he did to other people and how much he helped others made me happy, because people like that is rare.

I remember times we could just talk for hours about stuff while playing Overwatch, from politics to how adorable pets were. The conversation could go on forever. I remember that I went out for a long walk just to show him the runestones I have near where I live since he loved History. It made him happy.

Paul was also very careful when he spoke to me because loud noises made me anxious, and he had this tendency to get loud. He always just stopped when he realised it and just said sorry and asked me if I was okay.
I've seriously never met anyone so causious about others even tho he was kinda a bully at some times, which is why he got the title champion bully at our discord server. He was proud! Even tho he teased many a lot he didn't really mean it. He was always good and never had the intentions to hurt anyone.

My biggest regret is that I lost touch with him because of real life, I wish I could talk and spend more time with him but now it's too late.. I promised Paul that I would go to a mountain close to where I live and take pictures of the castle ruins and so on.. But it never happened. I'm going to do it for him now after thought, as a tribute.

Sadly I knew about his health, and that something like this would eventually happen.
But I'm glad that he's not in pain anymore and that he passed away in his sleep without any suffering, I hope..

Paul I miss you, and we will meet again.
Rest in peace.
I didn't talk to him much but as a very frequent IB poster back in the day he was always like a dad that would punish you for being stupid, his debates were fun to watch too. I wish he didn't ban Zak though. Rest in Peace Waar
Revelation Defender of DFC
fuck... RIP man...
Cat-ness NekoMancer
We didn't talk much, but its still sad to see your gone.
Forum Image: https://i.imgur.com/bnPh1sX.gif
PS: He had me make this a few years back for his Christmas avatar

Rest In Peace
His passing in the only reason why I have logged today. Hanged out with him and the crew back in the early days of the website we will dearly missed. Had lots of fun with him back in the skype group and all the games.

We celebrate the life he has lived and cheerish his memory.

Cheers Waar.
We rarely got along back in the days, but I'm sad to see one of the members from Fakku!'s golden era go.

Respect.
Forum Image: https://media1.tenor.com/images/b7e7899b21e04cd0b5cb773ab67f8979/tenor.gif?itemid=5359107
Holy fucking shit, are you kidding me?

I decided to randomly pop in today, and this is what I see? Damn, was not expecting this.... Still, it's a good thing I caught this instead of never knowing.

Rest in Peace, Paul, you were always my favorite asshole in this place

Forum Image: https://i.imgur.com/eQBbv1o.png
FinalBoss #levelupyourgrind
I really do regret leaving things off on such a sour note between us. I'm sure we could've been good friends had I didn't get a butthurt reaction over one sentence he said that fateful day. I'm not even gonna blame my mental state at that time. It's too late for me to apologise to him, and that's just something that'll haunt me for the remainder of my days. RIP Waar.
I sometimes had my differences with Paul, but he was an amazing person and the discussions and debates I had with him even over the few years I spent talking to him through Skype and on the forums had a huge impact on me as a person and who I am today. He was a great guy, and truly cared about the people around him.

Rest in Peace, you're one of the few people I will always remember
FinalBoss #levelupyourgrind
Am I the only one who feels this deserves to be stickied? Waar was a legacy member/mod afterall. This could serve as a forum memorial.
Gravity cat the adequately amused
FinalBoss wrote...
Am I the only one who feels this deserves to be stickied? Waar was a legacy member/mod afterall. This could serve as a forum memorial.

Honestly surprised it's not.

I'm worried it'll eventually get buried and it'll be swept under the carpet, in a sense. Not that there's any worry of that happening within the next 2 weeks if it's as quiet as it is.
I rarely chatted with him a few times, but he seemed like an understandable person.

Rest in peace, Waar.
Good bye Paul! When you and the others tried to troll us back in the day were fun times indeed. Ypu will be missed. You always called me Jon. When I went to the fakku discord you were the first to welcome me. Again good bye and sweet dreams.

-Jonoe
I think you were one of the first people I ever talked to on this site, you and some other of the then Oldfags, and you guys were so inviting. I was young and stupid and I was for the most part a shut in, having limited real life friends and spending most of my time on the computer. This was during the time I was honing my English skills so they weren't the sharpest but the way you carried yourself in conversation and the way you articulated yourself really left an impression on me. This, this is what I wanted to be like, respectable.

Over the years tho it was clear that wasn't where I was going but nonetheless I tried and here I am today, a better person I'd say, thanks partially to you. I still can't believe the dumb nickname I gave you, Pauly Paul, stuck with people when it's just complete nonsense but god was it funny to hear someone call you, a man who behaved himself so courteously but still like a snarky and sarcastic asshole at times, something as silly and childish as Pauly Paul.

You were a good friend, Paul. I remember when we'd talk about how much I didn't get out and how you said if you were there we'd go to the pub so you could help me pick up chicks or how you'd just help me get over my insecurities. You were an asshole, but you were a caring asshole. I'd like to think I am too, sure I can be a sarcastic fuck a lot of the time but it's just to people I know can handle it, and when they can't I stop because I care for my friends. I'd like to say you helped me learn empathy partly, because the first time I saw you I thought you were this big shot asshole who could just make fun of anyone because you were right but then I saw how you behaved when it was just in a group of friends and it was so different, it surprised me. I would've never imagined the Paul that constantly wanted to argue and debate people would be so caring of his friends.

You helped me a lot, Paul, and I wish I could've been there for you more. I wish I could've explained all of this to you, how you've helped me change to be a better person in the end. I often had thoughts of "maybe I should ask Paul to play some games with me today" but I always just figured I could do it the next day instead. But as we all know, life doesn't quite work that way.

I'll forever regret that I didn't ask to hang out with you more but the few times we did I will cherish forever.

Thank you, Paul, for being a good friend. May you rest in peace.

Your friend forever, Yoshii.
Waar's gone..

Damn.
Pages Prev1234Next