Fakku publishing non-ero manga

The idea of Fakku going beyond just hentai manga is something that I'm hoping will happen and to entrice that idea further, I made a list of manga series I think would suit Fakku. But I don't think its enough to just publish random manga that might or might not suit Fakku, I think we could really go the extra mile to support the hentai mangaka's "serious" debut and help them grow a fanbase outside of hentai.

Now the picks that I think would be the starting of would be something like:
Ijiranaide, Nagatoro-san
Kawaii Joushi o Komasaretai
Kimi wa Midara na Boku no Joou
Tasogare Otome x Amnesia
Tsugumomo

Nagatoro has a lot of buzz right now and there's a new wave of bully manga starting to take shape. Kawaii Joushi has a really fun premise and the art work is just the best. His doujins are equally well drawn and so I recommend checking them out as well. Kimi wa Midara has a surprisingly engaging story line even though it's really wacky and there's plenty of borderline-H stuff in here as well. This is also true for Tsugumomo. Tasogare Otome on the other hand is just incredibly cute.

Some other worthwhile titles:
Molester Man
Masturbator Man
Sen to Man
Ai-Ren
Mai Ball!
Itoshi no Kana
8♀1♂
Hajimete Datteba!

Is not or don't know if ero mangaka
Blade Play
Natsu no Zenjitsu
Seishun Pop!
Hantsu x Torasshu
Puppy Lovers
Virgin na Kankei
Amano Megumi wa Suki Darake!
Danberu nan kiro moteru?
Gal Gohan
Kaiji
Akagi
Drifter995 Neko//Night
I think this is a pretty solid idea. Get some of the smaller well known mangos out there, which would be great
animefreak_usa Child of Samael
You say puppy lovers without adding Nana to Kaoru, Toshiue no Hito and bura girl.
animefreak_usa wrote...
You say puppy lovers without adding Nana to Kaoru, Toshiue no Hito and bura girl.

cuz they're trash
Ryssen wrote...
animefreak_usa wrote...

cuz they're trash

Wanna fite m8
Onani Master Kurosawa would be a hit
if they can start publishing said non h physically i'd buy.
Gravity cat the adequately amused
I'd like to see KissXSis in that list as well. It's ecchi, but might as well be hentai.
Interesting idea...
erolover Ero Maniac
I don't know if I'd personally be interested in non-ero manga releases, but as long as the rate at which FAKKU puts out ero manga releases isn't negatively affected, I'm okay with this.
luinthoron High Priest of Loli
IIRC, Fakku once actually announced a non-ero manga, but apparently it was still too early into the negotiations and the license went elsewhere after that.

Ah, there we go.
Tsugumomo would be at the top of my list here. I came on this forum to specifically suggest that. It's not straight hentai, but it is every erotic while at the same time tells an amazingly engrossing story. Plus I'm sure the author wouldn't mind not being censored, and would probably be more than willing to tag on his uncensored scenes just for viewer pleasure.
If Fakku doesn't do it, I'm sure Yen press would, but it may probably be still censored...

TSUGUMOMO... You'd get a lot of people buying those all 21+ tankobans if you do it Fakku.
darknile wrote...
Tsugumomo would be at the top of my list here. I came on this forum to specifically suggest that. It's not straight hentai, but it is every erotic while at the same time tells an amazingly engrossing story. Plus I'm sure the author wouldn't mind not being censored, and would probably be more than willing to tag on his uncensored scenes just for viewer pleasure.
If Fakku doesn't do it, I'm sure Yen press would, but it may probably be still censored...

TSUGUMOMO... You'd get a lot of people buying those all 21+ tankobans if you do it Fakku.

As a guy who watches the live drawing of this artist feeds a lot.... what you see is tamer then what he draws. Yen press never censored anything in a book they pick up. At least the ones i bought or ~cough~ borrowed. You would think that western companies would censored the sex scenes and sexual content when porting japanese manga, but they really never do. A girl on the shore which i bought in a barnes and noble store in trump country can attest to that. I see 14/15 yr old girls pubes and a teen weenie. Vertical and viz signure are good enough not to butcher shit. Now the whole komodo no jikan first try back in the day would of.... today market wouldn't.
Considering how thinly Fakku's current resources are spread between several mags, doujins, ero anime, and eroge among other things, I would rather they stay focused on ero content only. Resources would be better spent making the current Fakku even better IMHO. I don't know how they do it all with as high a quality as they do with what they have now tbh.

Besides, there already exists several large non ero publishers of manga out there right now. They put out a good amount of the content that's ecchi/borderline-H already. Of course, I believe Fakku's print quality and digital quality would destroy them, or at the very least make them up their game big time, if they tried to enter that sphere, but in the short term expanding on the several branches of ero content is where I think the vast majority of Fakku's customers would be best served. Personally, I'm not all that interested in buying non ero manga stuff, even if it is ecchi. It is too much of a tease or bore and I want to get to the action.

Don't get me wrong, if Fakku ever became big enough and had the resources to do all these things, all at once, and do them all well, maintaining the current quality, then I'd be down no doubt. Though they'd still need to tread carefully. One issue I foresee is the fact Fakku specializes in ero content and has that established brand already. Meaning such an endeavor could potentially hurt the brand if people start to feel like Fakku does not care about ero as much anymore or their ero releases are suffering in quality due to lack of staff and focus. Enough people are peeved and complain now when they feel there is only Vanilla ero books being released, so I'd hate to imagine that being compounded with non ero books as well. That very well could alienate some core customers who are already not feeling all the love release wise. Mixing the brand like that could also be bad if suddenly new customers buying just regular non ero manga from Fakku also then in turn expose their, likely not so open-minded, parents to Fakku's other side... Plus the name Fakku is basically Fuck.

If Fakku was to ever do such a thing in any serious capacity, I believe it would have to be done under a completely separate brand name so they don't run into the hypothetical issues I described above. Unless they only do really ecchi stuff where there is a decent amount of nudity and/or suggestive themes. In which case, they will probably be fine from the brand standpoint, but may still face issues in terms of having enough dedicated staff and facilities to handle all the new load. They would also need to tread carefully with the non Vanilla crowd. All of this is not even taking into account other important factors like licensing, its likely higher fees for non ero stuff, and establishing new relationships there.

tl;dr Fakku should focus on its brand (ero content) and dedicate 100% to making that the best it can be in the short run, lest it dilute that brand. There's enough angst with the non Vanilla crowd as is. In the long run, with enough growth and resources, however, this could work. A new division for non ero stuff with a different, more wholesome, brand name would be best if it ever becomes a serious part of Fakku's business.
623 FAKKU QA
エロカワ wrote...

A new division for non ero stuff with a different, more wholesome, brand name would be best if it ever becomes a serious part of Fakku's business.

Seven Seas has its new "Ghost Ship" mark for ecchi stuff. I don't see why a new mark like that couldn't be made like "POPPU!" or something for Fakku (that's just an example, not seriously suggesting). Have a P! instead of F!
Blade play is kinda like "How to build a dungoen, book of the demon king" Borderline ecchi with the pits of hentai below. Yeah the sex is thar, but with the magic of floating steam clouds and conveniently placed censoring that you only see dat ass and tits. But I dunno how thick in sex it is done since its been a long while since I read blade play. That also said, I also forgot how thick the conveniently placed censoring is in blade play.

But if it did come out I would definitely buy it.

Edit add on: Forgot to mention that blade play is a plot with occasional sex too. That I definitely remember.
623 wrote...
エロカワ wrote...

A new division for non ero stuff with a different, more wholesome, brand name would be best if it ever becomes a serious part of Fakku's business.

Seven Seas has its new "Ghost Ship" mark for ecchi stuff. I don't see why a new mark like that couldn't be made like "POPPU!" or something for Fakku (that's just an example, not seriously suggesting). Have a P! instead of F!

Yeah, a seperate imprint for non-h stuff could work.
So long as it doesnt detract from the good stuff! Hard enough getting any physical hentai without Fakku as is!
I imagine this easier said than done. But I wouldn't complain if Fakku pulls it off. I wouldn't even care if meant another subscription personally on a different site. Most official options we have right now (Viz, crunchyroll, comixology, etc) have horrible readers imo.