Popular Right Now

Pages 12Next
How do I disable the "Popular right now" thing? I can't see an obvious way in the settings. It's annoying having the older stuff mixed in with the new.
mulrich wrote...
How do I disable the "Popular right now" thing? I can't see an obvious way in the settings. It's annoying having the older stuff mixed in with the new.

Just testing this out, I'll add the option to disable it tomorrow
Thanks for the quick reply, Jacob, and thanks for thinking of adding the option to actually disable it.
I have no issue with showing older content. However with its current implementation, this feature is showing some pretty recent stuff and I'd argue that it's wasting front page real estate.

Example: Forum Image: https://i.imgur.com/KRownkX.png
Yeah, it's making it a little annoying to see what's new
Update, I did not get the configuration option finished by the end of the day.

I did however improve the relevancy of the "Popular Right Now" content, so it won't show things that are already on the front page.
Papa Nito Enemy Stand
Not really digging this feature. Makes going through newer content after being gone for a handful of days more tedious. I feel it should just be a separate tab, or page. It'll give people the option to look at what's hot, without pushing new content down the list.
blackswordsman Eternal Struggler
Get rid of this. It's annoying as fuck. I don't give a shit what other people are reading. If I want to find something I'll use tags.

Seriously, are you really attempting to duplicate YouTube's mistakes?
I am really not a fan of the new feature as well. I hope the disable function will be implemented soon.

The current function looks a bit messy if you ask me. It'd be better to create a separate section on the side of the main page where popular chapters are showed, but not on the main page with the new releases. It's pretty confusing when popular chapters pop-up in between the new ones.
I agree with need to be able to disable it. It would be one thing if it was just on top, or off to side, but seeing "popular now" between every 3-4 chapters is just annoying.
I don't think it's a bad feature per se. For example, for new users or new subscribers, it's a fast way to access the "best" content on the site quickly and enjoy the experience. On the other hand, it's quite useless for old users and it basically crowds the main page. In this case, I agree it should be moved to a side tab or a different section.

I think a good solution could be to create two different tabs for new content and popular content. Default the popular one as the first page you see so that new users and new subscribers see it first and use it, but then give an option in the settings to default the new one instead.

Just an idea, I hope it's useful.

Thanks for trying out new stuff and always striving to make the site and the experience better for us.
Do these count as chapters per page.? I was around page 42 trying to catch up but now I can’t seem to find where those chapters are located. I’ve checked pages 42 through 60 and nada.
animefreak_usa Child of Samael
rockb.blues wrote...
Do these count as chapters per page.? I was around page 42 trying to catch up but now I can’t seem to find where those chapters are located. I’ve checked pages 42 through 60 and nada.

Comics/browse/new. Same as the old front page without extras. Should be close if you still have the unread in unread state.
animefreak_usa wrote...
rockb.blues wrote...

Comics/browse/new. Same as the old front page without extras. Should be close if you still have the unread in unread state.

Thank you!
I'd rather have the old front page back. I literally just had to type in "fak" and press Enter, and I'd see the new content.
mulrich wrote...
I'd rather have the old front page back. I literally just had to type in "fak" and press Enter, and I'd see the new content.
The old front page was literally perfect! I hope we get it back.
Drifter995 Neko//Night
Yeah, gotta admit, it's not amazing. Only like 2 new entries, then popular, which is hit and miss.
Would prefer the front page to be all new content, and there be a 'popular right now' on the right side or something maybe
Same here, I really prefer the home page to show only new content. I hope the disable option will be implemented soon.
Yeah im gonna guess this won't be fixed soon if ever otherwise we would have heard something by now.
Yeah, we went from having "an option to disable it tomorrow" over a week ago, to hearing nothing.
Pages 12Next