Whats about the old Mags?

i will start this post bc some of the mods thinks that iam only leaving a short message about how i'am disappointed in the choice of license
YQII wrote...
...Please do this and I'm more than happy to address any concerns there. Your comments in this thread will be delete to prevent them from derailing the thread...
(https://www.fakku.net/forums/books/new-magazines-dascomi-aoha-happining-weekly-kairakuten)

but i will sum up everything that i got told over the years and why i said that "i get slept in the face".
everything statrted when they got the license for G4M back that day for Vol.14 and backwards:
YQII wrote...
...Finally we have one last announcement that we're really happy to be able to share with you. In addition to all the newer issues coming out in the future, we also have access to all the backissues from these three magazines!...
(https://www.fakku.net/forums/books/new-magazines-comic-bavel-comic-europa-girls-form)

then it turns out that the mag wasn't that popular across the Fakku Vanilla audience and was put back for the time being.
YQII wrote...
The magazine has not performed as well as we had hoped, so for the time being, we're focusing on our other magazines. We plan on getting to it eventually, but I don't expect that to happen for at least a month or two. Once we pick it up, we'll include it in the most recent monthly preview thread on this forum.
(https://www.fakku.net/forums/books/girls-form-vol17-release-date)

and of the request of some ppl who wanted to see more of G4M the Fakku staff answered:
Jacob wrote...
For now, we're holding off on picking up the next issue of Girls forM. Instead, we will be treating this as a rotating magazine slot. That means we might switch between issues of Comic Koh, Girls forM, Comic Unreal, Comic Happining, or one of the many other magazines we have access to.

Jacob wrote...
There is nothing stopping us from doing older issues of these magazines, other than the amount of time and staff it takes to complete each issue. We are now in a position where we have to decide whether it's best to do another issue of Comic Koh vs Girls forM vs another magazine entirely.

To elaborate a little more, we've published 4 issues of Girls forM and 1 issue of Comic Koh, yet the 1 issue of Comic Koh outperformed all 4 issues of Girls forM combined. That doesn't mean we're going to stop doing Girls forM, but it does mean that picking up another issue of Comic Koh before Girls forM makes more sense. On top of that, we want to try more new magazines like Comic Unreal or Comic Happining, and this is the rotaional slot to use.

To summarize, we will continue doing Girls forM, but we are going to mix it in with other magazines so it will end up coming out sporadically.
(https://www.fakku.net/forums/books/girls-form-vol17-release-date)

i did understand that they had to make decision between the popular magazines and the niche G4M because they didn't had the staff to handle that much magazines and now you read that they licence even more new mags even they have some old stuff that isn't done yet.
then you should said from the beginning: "guys the G4M isn't doing that great we are going to drop it". so i would know and wouldn't wait that long for more releases. i got a sub only bc i know that you would have some day such mags like G4M and i was really happy when you are announced it but if i know that you wont support it any longer i would canceled it months ago.

sorry for my bad english but i needed to say this.
This is just my theory but i think Fakku dropped G4M due to Wani. They might have threatened to pull their license in order to monopolize the site. It just doesn't make sense to say you don't want to overwork your staff only to push 4 more magazines.
crispycreams Your Local Pervert
RozenLetter wrote...
This is just my theory but i think Fakku dropped G4M due to Wani. They might have threatened to pull their license in order to monopolize the site. It just doesn't make sense to say you don't want to overwork your staff only to push 4 more magazines.

If that was the case I don't think they would have picked up Aoha.
sl01 Yuri and Traps FTW
This is news to me. I was under the impression that it was taking a time to translate chapters. So if what i'm reading is correct G4m was just dropped. In all seriousness how does Fakku judge what is popular with its readers and what is not. Has Fakku since day one of paid subsections had the ability to see what was clicked on and if so what algorithm is used to determine what is "popular." Lately we had the "popular/trending" pop up on the main page when a person sees the site or logs on ( I have turned it off).I'm not a fan of this, the reason is if enough people with a specific taste happen to trip the algorithm then they may inadvertently dictate what is presented on Fakku whether it's "Vanilla" of "Fendom" data can and is skewed. I can only guess the time frames the translators have to work with in relation to putting out chapters and I can only guess at the time involved and the grind; so please do not take this is a attack on the quality of work that they do.

You folks know what is gong on in Japan in relation to trends and tastes in the Hentai world (aside, from a improved too twitter poll featured on Soranews24). If, this is the material the Fakku is getting from the source, i.e Vanilla, not Fendom, Loli, Trap's, NTR or excessive bodily fluids ( including urination) then I just have to deal with it or drop my subscription. I don't want to, there should be plenty of past material from these Magazines that can be printed. If, Fakku is moving away from or has completely moved away from printing specific material ( I can agree with the no scat stance) then just say so. If my alarm bells have been rung my mistake, I apologize. I just had to throw it out there. Thanks
RozenLetter wrote...
Of all the not-Wani-related magazines on Fakku, you picked the femdom themed, biannual one to make a conspiracy. What about Bavel? Also, did you know that, as Fakku increase the number of books they release, the percentage of books licensed from Wanimagazine drop? A few years ago was around 100%, now 50-60%.
sl01 wrote...
This is news to me. I was under the impression that it was taking a time to translate chapters. So if what i'm reading is correct G4m was just dropped. In all seriousness how does Fakku judge what is popular with its readers and what is not. Has Fakku since day one of paid subsections had the ability to see what was clicked on and if so what algorithm is used to determine what is "popular." Lately we had the "popular/trending" pop up on the main page when a person sees the site or logs on ( I have turned it off).I'm not a fan of this, the reason is if enough people with a specific taste happen to trip the algorithm then they may inadvertently dictate what is presented on Fakku whether it's "Vanilla" of "Fendom" data can and is skewed. I can only guess the time frames the translators have to work with in relation to putting out chapters and I can only guess at the time involved and the grind; so please do not take this is a attack on the quality of work that they do.

You folks know what is gong on in Japan in relation to trends and tastes in the Hentai world (aside, from a improved too twitter poll featured on Soranews24). If, this is the material the Fakku is getting from the source, i.e Vanilla, not Fendom, Loli, Trap's, NTR or excessive bodily fluids ( including urination) then I just have to deal with it or drop my subscription. I don't want to, there should be plenty of past material from these Magazines that can be printed. If, Fakku is moving away from or has completely moved away from printing specific material ( I can agree with the no scat stance) then just say so. If my alarm bells have been rung my mistake, I apologize. I just had to throw it out there. Thanks

hold on my friend. i didn't said that they dropped G4M. i just mentioned that they say they dont have the staff to work on the niche magazines but at the same time they announce 4 new mags that they want to publish.
YQII FAKKU Translator
First off,
RozenLetter wrote...
This is just my theory but i think Fakku dropped G4M due to Wani. They might have threatened to pull their license in order to monopolize the site.

Lol.

Conspiracy theories aside, I can only repeat what I've said in the past: if we're to drop anything, we'll announce that it's dropped. It's probably not what you want to hear, but if you're mainly interested in one magazine that we're not actively working on, I don't think you should feel forced to subscribe. I'd suggest following us on twitter or check in on the preview threads occasionally and see when we start working on that magazine. The content will always be there for you when you come back, so you don't have much to lose by doing so if none of the other chapters interest you.

To reiterate what was said in the announcement post:
Right now, we have a ton of chapters to go through after picking up all these new magazines, so we hope you'll be patient and look forward to all the new content coming to the subscription over the next few months. None of these are your standard, full-length monthly magazines (except arguable Weekly Kairakuten, quantity-wise), so we fully expect to catch up to the most recent issues eventually, at which point we can continue working on our previous bonus titles—such as more issues of Comic Koh.

We had the option to pick up a number of magazines right from volume one, which is why we jumped on that opportunity. It added a lot to our backlog, but it's nothing compared to four full monthly magazines. I agree that it's been a while since the last issue of G4M, but it's worth noting we've only had three bonus issues so far: G4M Vol.13, and Koh Vol.1-2. I actually brought up G4M as late as last week internally, but I can't give any promises on what comes next.

sl01 wrote...
In all seriousness how does Fakku judge what is popular with its readers and what is not. Has Fakku since day one of paid subsections had the ability to see what was clicked on and if so what algorithm is used to determine what is "popular."

I'm not a developer and can't go into the nitty-gritty of the algorithm (and probably shouldn't even if I did), but yes, we have methods of gauging popularity/readership of chapters. All I can say is when we say "X is doing better than Y," we're not going on a hunch and base that on data.

sl01 wrote...
If, Fakku is moving away from or has completely moved away from printing specific material then just say so.

I've already addressed this, but it's worth repeating: no, we're not moving away from any particular genre. We do whatever is in our magazines, which is what we've always done. If a magazine themed around a certain fetish is given a lower priority, it's because of its performance and not an attempt to get rid of the fetish itself.