Michiking Box

Brittany wrote...
xrolo wrote...
Brittany wrote...
Michiking Box went live at 4pm PST and within 20 minutes sold out of the inventory we listed online.

Just curious, how many copies of this boxset were made in total?

We make one print run for AX that's less than 1,000 copies. We set some aside in the warehouse to then have it available online to give those who can't go to AX an opportunity to purchase - hope that helps :)

Could pre-orders be done for the doujin box sets so that we can be guaranteed to get one and not be limited to what's left after AX?
The_Otter wrote...
Brittany wrote...
xrolo wrote...
Brittany wrote...
Michiking Box went live at 4pm PST and within 20 minutes sold out of the inventory we listed online.

Just curious, how many copies of this boxset were made in total?

We make one print run for AX that's less than 1,000 copies. We set some aside in the warehouse to then have it available online to give those who can't go to AX an opportunity to purchase - hope that helps :)

Could pre-orders be done for the doujin box sets so that we can be guaranteed to get one and not be limited to what's left after AX?

I would second this. I've been checking every day for months on any updates to the page listing and then suddenly it's just gone without a chance. I'm trying to build a collection of every Fakku book, and the limited box releases are a very significant part of that for several reasons. Having it suddenly be impossible to buy at a moments notice is frustrating and saddening, and I'm very anxious and scared for the second chance to buy it. And the sudden change from the last book being reasonably in stock for at least a few months, to being un-purchasable within minutes of release is so drastic.

I don't want this dream and goal of mine to die so suddenly, especially with something I've been waiting so eagerly and diligently for. :C
animefreak_usa Child of Samael
Jokke09 wrote...
Brittany wrote...

Fortunately, we did plan to have a second (and final) wave to give people an opportunity to catch it in the event that they missed it or can't easily catch it due to their time zone.

The second and final opportunity to purchase the Michiking Box physically online will be on Saturday, Nov 9th at 8am PST
This box is limited and can expect it to go just as fast as last time - so be sure to set a reminder!

That's really nice of you all to do this for different time zone people! If Google doesn't fail me you're second batch should be at around 5pm where I live then (Belgium).

But if do manage to not get a physical, having localized digital copies of one of my favoroite H-manga writer will be more than fine ^^

My clock says its 4:54pm/16:54 right now in Brussels so yeah. I'm on the same time zone as Portland. Pst or in cali talk PTSD tine.
Damn, 2 minutes this time.
Ahhh missed it
i got it wohoo
luinthoron High Priest of Loli
Now that's just ridiculous, sold out by the time I had chosen the shipping option...

First of the boxes I won't have, then...
crispycreams Your Local Pervert
holy crap in 2 minutes. . . I sure lucked out with this one.
Holy shit it sold out in 3 mins I was in the middle of ordering it before it kicked me out and told me it was sold out. Aaaghhh!!!
luinthoron wrote...
Now that's just ridiculous, sold out by the time I had chosen the shipping option...

Same. And I had it in the cart right at time after reloading the side.
That’s very mean...
luinthoron wrote...

First of the boxes I won't have, then...

Yeah, this whole thing has been pretty ridiculous :\
I've been checking the store page twice a day for the past couple months and missed both times it was put up.
I wish they would take pre-orders on them so they could produce a certain amount based on that instead of a fixed amount considering demand will fluctuate.
TrixieTang Magical NTR Princess
This is just ridiculous. I had it in my cart and got a "Credit and debit card payments aren’t available right now.
Refresh this page or try again later." error. I refresh and they're already sold out even though I already had it in my cart.

This is honestly a bit disgusting to me considering that I've been buying the limited edition boxes every year and now I get cheated out of one because you didn't make nearly enough to fulfill the demand. It was fine the first few years when the stock was only 1000 or so, but you've really done nothing to adjust to the increased demand that you know you'll have each year.
Hmm it was in stock until 805. i never did just wanta to see the speed for fapping material.
As in as it was clickable and refresh ever 15 secs
Was lucky to grab one this time, started refreshing and trying to add it to the cart since 9:59.
They should really do pre-orders along with what ever they print for AX, so people aren't limited to what little is left after AX and being able to be on line to shop when the book set is released.
The_Otter wrote...
Was lucky to grab one this time, started refreshing and trying to add it to the cart since 9:59.
They should really do pre-orders along with what ever they print for AX, so people aren't limited to what little is left after AX and being able to be on line to shop when the book set is released.

That something that doesn't exist in the doujin world. Want a Comiket doujin either be there, have a proxy or buy it in the secondary market or the few that the big circles give to the stores or they proxies get at the event.

TrixieTang wrote...
This is just ridiculous. I had it in my cart and got a "Credit and debit card payments aren’t available right now.
Refresh this page or try again later." error. I refresh and they're already sold out even though I already had it in my cart.

This is honestly a bit disgusting to me considering that I've been buying the limited edition boxes every year and now I get cheated out of one because you didn't make nearly enough to fulfill the demand. It was fine the first few years when the stock was only 1000 or so, but you've really done nothing to adjust to the increased demand that you know you'll have each year.

That's basically how doujinshi works. Con specific and rarely reprinted.
TrixieTang Magical NTR Princess
They still need to make more stock.

And it would have been nice if the site didn't give me an error and then remove the item from my cart.
TrixieTang wrote...
animefreak_usa wrote...
TrixieTang wrote...

They still need to make more stock.

And it would have been nice if the site didn't give me an error and then remove the item from my cart.

Right.

It’s really mean if you have it in the cart just at 8am PST and while you are typing your credit cart and finishing the process it is already removed.

Actually I had some more items in the cart bc I’m from Germany and shipping is very expensive but now I canceled them... :(
I guess printing more would be great. It seems that there's an increase in demand on these limited edition releases. They even set limit to cart order to 1 piece only. More people must be collecting these stuffs now compared in the past.

Man, this feels like gacha. I feel salty. Time to process my denial stage of greaving.

I hope you can make it to atleast 1,500 copies next AX, or pre-order would be great as well. The only thing that I would hate about pre-order is the essence of "limited edition", but shouldn't be that much of an issue.
That something that doesn't exist in the doujin world. Want a Comiket doujin either be there, have a proxy or buy it in the secondary market or the few that the big circles give to the stores or they proxies get at the event.

Maybe even up to a few years ago but nowadays if your circle has any real clout stock is allocated to sites like toranoana and melonbooks and (at least toranoana) takes preorders and even ships to the US now via an endorsed proxy service. This is all done before the circle puts their order into the printing company which allows them to order more or less based on that. It doesn't make sense to compare an artist like Michiking to a no-name artist that only publishes works at really small cons like sunshine create or something, this is a big mainstream artist and the system they had in place for this product was simply poorly designed from the consumer standpoint.
KageSennin wrote...

Maybe even up to a few years ago but nowadays if your circle has any real clout stock is allocated to sites like toranoana and melonbooks and (at least toranoana) takes preorders and even ships to the US now via an endorsed proxy service. This is all done before the circle puts their order into the printing company which allows them to order more or less based on that. It doesn't make sense to compare an artist like Michiking to a no-name artist that only publishes works at really small cons like sunshine create or something, this is a big mainstream artist and the system they had in place for this product was simply poorly designed from the consumer standpoint.

That's the part of the few circles who sell to the stores but even that is maybe a 100 at most. The seconary market is where most people get them... after the otaku spank it or get tired of that waifu.

ZeroExistence wrote...
I guess printing more would be great. It seems that there's an increase in demand on these limited edition releases. They even set limit to cart order to 1 piece only. More people must be collecting these stuffs now compared in the past.

Man, this feels like gacha. I feel salty. Time to process my denial stage of greaving.

I hope you can make it to atleast 1,500 copies next AX, or pre-order would be great as well. The only thing that I would hate about pre-order is the essence of "limited edition", but shouldn't be that much of an issue.

Limited ed and standard edition could solve that. What would be different then the limited would be the line. Maybe an card or a piece of the Grady gwar beard or something.

On topic i actually seen auctions for a few boxes before( cruise ebay for cheap mangos). You might be able to find one later. It's not like i been cucked a few times during event seasons on many doujins. Im still butthurt on 2 doujins i can;t get.