Michiking Box

luinthoron High Priest of Loli
Youma81 wrote...
It’s really mean if you have it in the cart just at 8am PST and while you are typing your credit cart and finishing the process it is already removed.

Actually I had some more items in the cart bc I’m from Germany and shipping is very expensive but now I canceled them... :(

Yeah... I don't really mind the limited supply, but it should at least get reserved while it's in the cart.
TrixieTang Magical NTR Princess
The_Otter wrote...
Could pre-orders be done for the doujin box sets so that we can be guaranteed to get one and not be limited to what's left after AX?

I like that idea. They should do it sort of like the figure manufacturers do it, open pre-orders for maybe a week some time before AX and then print the number of pre-orders they have + a certain amount extra so they'll have stock for AX.

If the issue is expenses, then how about sell the online pre-orders for like 20$ or so more than they'll sell at AX - that gives everyone a chance to get them and still gives an incentive to AX attendees.
The dream is not dead, and I managed to get one.

The lengths to try and make sure I did were kind of ridiculous though; and with this sudden spike in demand and incredibly drastic change in availability -as well as lack of any reasonable availability for people that are really wanting it and actively working to get it- I think it would really make sense for this sale model to change to something like pre-order windows or some kind of restock in such and extreme case of unavailability like now. Being limited in that you have to keep active and order when it's new is all fine and good, but even as someone with the limited edition books, they aren't worth anything more to for being super exclusive and limited or being hard to purchase in the first place, like some kind of fashion or something. I just want to have the cool book, and for anyone that wants to have to cool book to be able to get theirs as well.

I hope something like that can come of this, especially with it being gone in literal minutes this time and only confirming after fully finishing your payment for the order.
animefreak_usa wrote...
[quote="KageSennin"]
That something that doesn't exist in the doujin world. Want a Comiket doujin either be there, have a proxy or buy it in the secondary market or the few that the big circles give to the stores or they proxies get at the event.

That's basically how doujinshi works. Con specific and rarely reprinted.

Maybe even up to a few years ago but nowadays if your circle has any real clout stock is allocated to sites like toranoana and melonbooks and (at least toranoana) takes preorders and even ships to the US now via an endorsed proxy service. This is all done before the circle puts their order into the printing company which allows them to order more or less based on that. It doesn't make sense to compare an artist like Michiking to a no-name artist that only publishes works at really small cons like sunshine create or something, this is a big mainstream artist and the system they had in place for this product was simply poorly designed from the consumer standpoint.

That's the part of the few circles who sell to the stores but even that is maybe a 100 at most. The seconary market is where most people get them... after the otaku spank it or get tired of that waifu.

I...Is that a joke? Tora has more than 3900 books listed from C96 ALONE. I guess you don't frequent enough?
Kyoobies wrote...
I hope something like that can come of this, especially with it being gone in literal minutes this time and only confirming after fully finishing your payment for the order.

It's hard to confirm payment when it tells you credit card payment is currently unavailable lol
animefreak_usa Child of Samael
KageSennin wrote...
animefreak_usa wrote...
[quote="KageSennin"]
That something that doesn't exist in the doujin world. Want a Comiket doujin either be there, have a proxy or buy it in the secondary market or the few that the big circles give to the stores or they proxies get at the event.

That's basically how doujinshi works. Con specific and rarely reprinted.

Maybe even up to a few years ago but nowadays if your circle has any real clout stock is allocated to sites like toranoana and melonbooks and (at least toranoana) takes preorders and even ships to the US now via an endorsed proxy service. This is all done before the circle puts their order into the printing company which allows them to order more or less based on that. It doesn't make sense to compare an artist like Michiking to a no-name artist that only publishes works at really small cons like sunshine create or something, this is a big mainstream artist and the system they had in place for this product was simply poorly designed from the consumer standpoint.

That's the part of the few circles who sell to the stores but even that is maybe a 100 at most. The seconary market is where most people get them... after the otaku spank it or get tired of that waifu.

I...Is that a joke? Tora has more than 3900 books listed from C96 ALONE. I guess you don't frequent enough?

Not total. Per doujin title. Like (C96) [mango-sensei] - Genric anime waifu has 100 or so books in stock. Big circles get those type of numbers.
TrixieTang wrote...
Kyoobies wrote...

It's hard to confirm payment when it tells you credit card payment is currently unavailable lol

Yeah that's unreasonably fast to get locked out, and so open for any minor issues to completely prevent dedicated fans from getting a chance.

I don't really blame Fakku or anything considering how it's worked quite well in the past, but this time was very explosively different and is having significant -albeit unforeseen- issues. The matter of a follow up and/or future releases is what remains to be seen imo.
animefreak_usa wrote...
Limited ed and standard edition could solve that. What would be different then the limited would be the line. Maybe an card or a piece of the Grady gwar beard or something.

On topic i actually seen auctions for a few boxes before( cruise ebay for cheap mangos). You might be able to find one later. It's not like i been cucked a few times during event seasons on many doujins. Im still butthurt on 2 doujins i can;t get.

I don't really like the idea of a limited edition having a standard edition. It might reduce the marketability of the limited edition releases, and you can't really call it limited edition as well. It will be a good thing that the demand might lessen when you have the standard edition. But the feeling of having an actual limited edition stuff will not be the same when there's an available standard edition of that item in the market.

I'll just accept my fate, and will not get my hopes up checking auction sites and stores. It's bad for the heart.

I'm looking forward for the next limited edition next AX. Buying these kind of high demand, low supply releases are exciting.
animefreak_usa Child of Samael
ZeroExistence wrote...
animefreak_usa wrote...
Limited ed and standard edition could solve that. What would be different then the limited would be the line. Maybe an card or a piece of the Grady gwar beard or something.

On topic i actually seen auctions for a few boxes before( cruise ebay for cheap mangos). You might be able to find one later. It's not like i been cucked a few times during event seasons on many doujins. Im still butthurt on 2 doujins i can;t get.

I don't really like the idea of a limited edition having a standard edition. It might reduce the marketability of the limited edition releases, and you can't really call it limited edition as well. It will be a good thing that the demand might lessen when you have the standard edition. But the feeling of having an actual limited edition stuff will not be the same when there's an available standard edition of that item in the market.

I'll just accept my fate, and will not get my hopes up checking auction sites and stores. It's bad for the heart.

I'm looking forward for the next limited edition next AX. Buying these kind of high demand, low supply releases are exciting.

Doesn't seem to effect manga, games and hentai. Just extras. Limited part just mean that version is limited to this one release with something that differs from the standard vanilla version. Example my limited edition of perfect blue differs from the standard vanilla version even though it just an art book and cover variant... or if i got the region b English version. I have the japanese limited and the standard english bd. Same with ghost in the shell. PS vita and bunch of other things. figures, melonbook versions of tankobons ect. It's really only something for fans or people who want the extras.

Woulda bought the uk version but i don't have a region b bdplayer or one that hackable. JP limited UK version.
ZeroExistence wrote...

Limited editions don't have to be limited to 1000 or 500 copies, they just have to be limited. The issue is that they're making their limited editions WAY too limited - and the result of that is that only a few people get them and everyone who gets screwed out of them because of website errors or being mere seconds late ends up getting pissed off.

I'm fine with limited edition, but at least make enough of them so your customers don't want to murder each other over them.
Darn. I kept checking the site for weeks and the one week I don't this happens. I usually see Fakku's posts on Twitter but none of the announcements for this box showed up on my feed (except for the "did you get it?" post which is why I'm here now) T-T. This is my first time hearing about its availability and now it's gone? The world really didn't want me to buy this box lol... :(

That being said, I'm not sure if Fakku does this but if there's an interest list going sign me up. I know some sites put an interest list up for orders that are canceled last minute, problems with the order, etc. and have a very small restock for those interested.
Brittany FAKKU Production Mngr
TrixieTang wrote...
I'm fine with limited edition, but at least make enough of them so your customers don't want to murder each other over them.

We hear you guys, we severely underestimated the demand this year and we're looking into making up for it. Stay tuned :)
Brittany wrote...
TrixieTang wrote...

We hear you guys, we severely underestimated the demand this year and we're looking into making up for it. Stay tuned :)

May the Hentai Gods bless you.

Also, I can understand why this happened... for the past 4 years the limited edition sets NEVER sold like this. Most were still in stock after quite a while, months even with some of them.

The problem is... you all severely underestimated the popularity of Touhou.
Brittany wrote...
TrixieTang wrote...

What a relief; all hope is not lost. Thank you so much for reconsidering this.

TrixieTang wrote...
May the Hentai Gods bless you.

Also, I can understand why this happened... for the past 4 years the limited edition sets NEVER sold like this. Most were still in stock after quite a while, months even with some of them.

The problem is... you all severely underestimated the popularity of Touhou.

And the popularity of Michiking.
darkfriend Always Finish Inside
Huzzah! Luck was with me this time. Managed to get one in the 5min or so that they were on the storefront. Would be very curious to know how many box sets were available for this year. The last 2 were much easier to get, but the Meme50 one had some more niche fetish material (scat and a bit of gore), and the Koume Keito one had some for the monster fetishists. But this one seems to have been much more popular which makes me wonder if the number was reduced compared to previous years? Or maybe the associated tags are more popular, or maybe the art style?
i guess next time i get my hand one of the limited edition next year owo
Brittany wrote...
TrixieTang wrote...

Ohh o_O I'm looking forward to it! ^_^
623 FAKKU QA
darkfriend wrote...
Huzzah! Luck was with me this time. Managed to get one in the 5min or so that they were on the storefront. Would be very curious to know how many box sets were available for this year. The last 2 were much easier to get, but the Meme50 one had some more niche fetish material (scat and a bit of gore), and the Koume Keito one had some for the monster fetishists. But this one seems to have been much more popular which makes me wonder if the number was reduced compared to previous years? Or maybe the associated tags are more popular, or maybe the art style?

Probably the tags (straight shota) and it being Touhou doujinshi. As well as Michiking.
ditama Jack-off Warrior
Got my copy in

Spoiler:
Forum Image: https://i.imgur.com/MusESF3.jpgForum Image: https://i.imgur.com/3iuDOXL.jpg
crispycreams Your Local Pervert
ditama wrote...
Got my copy in

Spoiler:
Forum Image: https://i.imgur.com/MusESF3.jpgForum Image: https://i.imgur.com/3iuDOXL.jpg

Wahh! Cant wait to get mine! Just got my shipping confirmation.