Michiking Box

ditama wrote...
Got my copy in

Spoiler:
Forum Image: https://i.imgur.com/MusESF3.jpgForum Image: https://i.imgur.com/3iuDOXL.jpg

It looks amazing! Such a beautiful piece of artwork.
Just an idea, for those of us with lives, wives/husbands, partners, kids, etc. How about doing another run of this box set with an actual pre-order window? Having to be at a con or stalking the website for a minutes-long window to buy isn't what anyone would call fair. Limited edition or not, giving people a chance at this box set turned out to be a debacle.
Brittany wrote...
TrixieTang wrote...
I'm fine with limited edition, but at least make enough of them so your customers don't want to murder each other over them.

We hear you guys, we severely underestimated the demand this year and we're looking into making up for it. Stay tuned :)

Please print more limited editions and not a standard one. And please put a pre order up for it this time.

Look at all the down votes to the people bragging who were able to get one, wow people are pissed!

It's getting so bad this year at AX I wasn't able to get one with my disabled access pass on day 2 which lets people like me with disabilities in ahead of other people. I would have had to have a Premium pass which lets me get into the dealers hall an hour earlier then everybody else in addition to my disabled access, unfortunately those cost $475 and I can't afford anywhere near the cost for one. That's $390 more then the regular 4 day attendee. So technically this would have cost me $470 to buy one of these on day 2, ouch! Now I wish I had bought the autographed ones that were on sale on ebay for $350, it would have been cheaper!

If anyone has an autographed copy they would consider selling I'll happily pay $350 for one if you'd be willing to part with it. I'm SoCal local and would be willing to meet up anywhere you would like.
Brittany FAKKU Production Mngr
YuriLove333 wrote...
Brittany wrote...
TrixieTang wrote...
I'm fine with limited edition, but at least make enough of them so your customers don't want to murder each other over them.

We hear you guys, we severely underestimated the demand this year and we're looking into making up for it. Stay tuned :)

Please print more limited editions and not a standard one. And please put a pre order up for it this time.

Look at all the down votes to the people bragging who were able to get one, wow people are pissed!

It's getting so bad this year at AX I wasn't able to get one with my disabled access pass on day 2 which lets people like me with disabilities in ahead of other people. I would have had to have a Premium pass which lets me get into the dealers hall an hour earlier then everybody else in addition to my disabled access, unfortunately those cost $475 and I can't afford anywhere near the cost for one. That's $390 more then the regular 4 day attendee. So technically this would have cost me $470 to buy one of these on day 2, ouch! Now I wish I had bought the autographed ones that were on sale on ebay for $350, it would have been cheaper!

If anyone has an autographed copy they would consider selling I'll happily pay $350 for one if you'd be willing to part with it. I'm SoCal local and would be willing to meet up anywhere you would like.

If you're referring to the way the convention managed entry for guests, unfortunately we have no control over that since we're in the same boat as everyone else with following the con rules of entry. However, when it comes to our booth we do take the ADA seriously and allow anyone with the badge credentials to skip the line to enter the booth to go right in. I'm very sorry you missed your opportunity to enter the booth and us still have one in stock, again this year was wildly different than previous years and we underestimated the sheer demand for this box and for that I apologize. I hope you still were able to enjoy the booth and that we'll possibly see you another year though!

We'll make it right to everyone, but you'll have to be a little patient with me because it won't even be until next week that we sit down and truly make an action plan on what steps to take moving forward. It might be a few weeks until you hear more word about it, but I promise it's not because it's not a high priority, but because I'm also managing current projects and keeping the schedule moving along and we want to manage this correctly.

Hang tight everyone and I'll follow up with more information soon. Thanks!
Brittany wrote...
YuriLove333 wrote...
Brittany wrote...
TrixieTang wrote...

If you're referring to the way the convention managed entry for guests, unfortunately we have no control over that since we're in the same boat as everyone else with following the con rules of entry. However, when it comes to our booth we do take the ADA seriously and allow anyone with the badge credentials to skip the line to enter the booth to go right in. I'm very sorry you missed your opportunity to enter the booth and us still have one in stock, again this year was wildly different than previous years and we underestimated the sheer demand for this box and for that I apologize. I hope you still were able to enjoy the booth and that we'll possibly see you another year though!

We'll make it right to everyone, but you'll have to be a little patient with me because it won't even be until next week that we sit down and truly make an action plan on what steps to take moving forward. It might be a few weeks until you hear more word about it, but I promise it's not because it's not a high priority, but because I'm also managing current projects and keeping the schedule moving along and we want to manage this correctly.

Oh I don't fault you Brittany. This year the first day of the convention was on July 4th and I feel so bad telling my family each year sorry I'll be on vacation I can't accept you offer to get together. Family first, I just couldn't make it on day 1 this year to pick this up.

I do enjoy your booth every year and look forward to next year. I love my Neko Para scate deck. Pre orders though for these would be a big convenience, a little additional cost is no big deal.
Brittany wrote...
YuriLove333 wrote...
Brittany wrote...
TrixieTang wrote...

Thanks, Brittany. I know you're in a tight spot, and might feel like you're taking the blame. Hang in there. Most of us are happy to be patient if we know there's a solution on the way.

Thanks for taking the time to reach out to the community.
drax8883 Da Booty Yack DECULCHA
Got mine today it's beautiful! Love the pink and the lovely gold foil. I took a shot with all the other boxes together. Thanks for all the years of great books and great boxes Fakku! And as a big 2hu and /ss/ fan I love this box

Spoiler:
Forum Image: https://i.imgur.com/zwMTYQK.jpg Forum Image: https://i.imgur.com/a8b0CMT.jpg
so this is completely gone?
aznjayjaixd wrote...
so this is completely gone?

They are going to discuss this next week:

Brittany wrote...
YuriLove333 wrote...
Brittany wrote...

Any updates on the next printing yet Brittany?
YuriLove333 wrote...
Any updates on the next printing yet Brittany?

I'll have exciting announcements later next week!
Damn they sold out already?
TrixieTang Magical NTR Princess
xarexow513 wrote...
Damn they sold out already?

Read the thread.

tl;dr version: They sold out in about 10-20 minutes for the first batch and about 1-5 minutes for the second. Looks like there are currently plans to produce more due to them severely underestimating the demand for them, but there hasn't been an official announcement about it yet.
Hey everyone, I have an update and a plan going forward to prevent issues that popped up this year from happening again.

First and foremost, in regards to the Michiking Box, we will have a pre-order starting this Saturday. It'll be a similar type of pre-order where it's up until it physically arrives to be shipped out, then it just goes on sale. There will be no changes with the boxset, it's a straight reprint so if you've already purchased the box set, don't be alarmed that there's something in there that you missed out on, just hug your box closely that you managed to get one already!

Additionally, this demand for doujinshi sparked a conversation about availability and we've made the decision to no longer have the doujinshi boxes classified as limited items. Along with the pre-order for the Michiking Box, we will have a pre-order for the Saitom Box to return to the store for everyone who may have missed out on it for the first time. The Saitom Box will differ from the original box set where it'll be the same size as the Michiking Box and Koume Keito Box for consistency's sake.

What does this mean for future boxes?
It doesn't change much at all, the goal with our boxes at AX are to collect and showcase the artists independent work and have the artist there as a guest to do autographs and answer questions at panels. If you're able to get a box at AX you're still the first ones to get your hands on it and get the opportunity to meet the artist yourself. We understand there's people all around the world who are unable to attend one convention in the US and instead of treating the boxes like a extremely limited item, we're going to keep these as one of our more premium items that directly support the artists.

In 2020 you'll see more preorders open up to reprint boxes that are out of stock.

When will the box reprints come in?
Michiking Box will be August 2020
Saitom Box will be November 2020
Brittany wrote...

First and foremost, in regards to the Michiking Box, we will have a pre-order starting this Saturday. It'll be a similar type of pre-order where it's up until it physically arrives to be shipped out, then it just goes on sale. There will be no changes with the boxset, it's a straight reprint so if you've already purchased the box set, don't be alarmed that there's something in there that you missed out on, just hug your box closely that you managed to get one already!

Additionally, this demand for doujinshi sparked a conversation about availability and we've made the decision to no longer have the doujinshi boxes classified as limited items. Along with the pre-order for the Michiking Box, we will have a pre-order for the Saitom Box to return to the store for everyone who may have missed out on it for the first time. The Saitom Box will differ from the original box set where it'll be the same size as the Michiking Box and Koume Keito Box for consistency's sake.

Forum Image: https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/newsfeed/000/264/241/9e9.gif
Brittany wrote...
Along with the pre-order for the Michiking Box, we will have a pre-order for the Saitom Box to return to the store for everyone who may have missed out on it for the first time.

YESSSSS That's even more exciting than I have hoped!
Does that mean all boxset going forward will be a preorder item?
Darley wrote...
Does that mean all boxset going forward will be a preorder item?

There's still more details for us to work out a solid plan with how it'll work with pre-ordering and also physically being at AX, but we'll have some sort of pre-order arranged with details later on next year. I don't have all the answers with this yet since we have several issues we want to address and make sure it's taken in consideration.
darkfriend Always Finish Inside
Brittany wrote...
Hey everyone, I have an update and a plan going forward to prevent issues that popped up this year from happening again.

What does this mean for future boxes?
It doesn't change much at all, the goal with our boxes at AX are to collect and showcase the artists independent work and have the artist there as a guest to do autographs and answer questions at panels. If you're able to get a box at AX you're still the first ones to get your hands on it and get the opportunity to meet the artist yourself. We understand there's people all around the world who are unable to attend one convention in the US and instead of treating the boxes like a extremely limited item, we're going to keep these as one of our more premium items that directly support the artists.

In 2020 you'll see more preorders open up to reprint boxes that are out of stock.

When will the box reprints come in?
Michiking Box will be August 2020
Saitom Box will be November 2020

Any chance you'll expand doujin box production beyond just making one a year for AX? Ie, do you have any plans to release more physical collections of doujins (box or no)? For example, Irodori Comics has artists like Mahiro Ootori, Tachibana Omina, and Narusawa Kei that have multiple top tier doujins already electronically available on your site. I'd bet physical box releases of 'My Harem in Another World' or 'Tales of a Harem in Another World' or 'Tropical Island Maniacs' would be hot sellers.
TrixieTang Magical NTR Princess
Brittany wrote...

Will there be a limited pre-order period or will it just go on until the new sets are manufactured?

Brittany wrote...
It doesn't change much at all

Well... it might mean that we'll no longer be seeing the box sets go for hundreds of bucks on eBay during AX. :P

Brittany wrote...
We understand there's people all around the world who are unable to attend one convention in the US and instead of treating the boxes like a extremely limited item, we're going to keep these as one of our more premium items that directly support the artists.

Definitely a good way to support the artists. Like I mentioned before, the artists don't really benefit much if the sets sell for $80 at AX and then go for $200 to $300 on eBay.