FAKKU General Bug Report/New Design Rant Thread

BoldMourn Harem consumer
So one problem I have encountered on iOS is when I open the favorites tab in order to label something as Favorites or any other list I created, I cannot scroll down my list. The eight or so that are visible are the only ones I can see and select to tag for my collections.
Jacob wrote...
onlinepersona wrote...
Browsing main page:
These two I assume are just not implemented yet due to the premature deployment.
- "Popular right now" badge isn't displaying, so cannot distinguish from new chapters
- "visited" text color for links is not different from regular color.

Thanks for pointing out these issues, they've both been fixed! Popular content now has a dedicated row, and will not intermingle with new releases.

I like how the part about not seeing tags anymore was not quoted and completely ignored.

I gotta say, I'm REALLY disliking this new UI look. This is a complete and utter downgrade from what Fakku was before. Its overkill seeing so many chapters on a page like this, and now with even LESS info. It was already bad enough when you guys removed summaries, page count, and what magazine a chapter belonged too when scrolling through pages, but now we don't even get to see the tags?

Tags are an easy way of quickly being able to look and see if a chapter is something someone wants to read. Does clicking on a chapter to see its page, but not actually reading the chapter itself still count as a view or something? I don't want to have to click EVERY SINGLE chapter to look at its tags to see if its for me or not. I should be able to scroll down a page and go "loli tag? no thanks." or "ntr? not touching that". I don't get why Fakku feels like it has to keep dumbing down this site.

Also, when will you guys ever add some features to the favorites section? You continue to leave it super bare bones for years now, with no useful way of navigating it. You wont add a search bar or randomizer result to it, and the fan made favorites page randomizer once again doesn't work thanks to this update.
Marcusg14 wrote...
I cant get it to stay dark mode. On Android mobile brave browser.

Same issue in the android app
Here on the forum, the Preview is not working. When you're creating a topic or posting a reply and click on "Preview", it just says "Loading preview..." but it never does.
I severely miss having the tags on the main page. Tags 100% influence my choices.
https://www.fakku.net/doujin
https://www.fakku.net/doujin/page_2
https://www.fakku.net/doujin/page_3

Sorting option works, pages after 1 don't work. Going to page 2 and reloading current page doesn't work.

-------------
https://imgur.com/TSBTPpF.png

The "Has a tag you follow" message when the mouse is over the green corner would be more useful if it displayed the tags I'm following that are present in that work.
This might be part of system quirks, i can not for the life of me see any difference between a link i have clicked and not.
This seems to persist for the following:
* Main page
* New Releases
* Library
* Doujin

This is a relatively minor issue, it only affects my silly goal of reading my entire backlog and i can find a
different way of handling that.

This might be intentional, there is no pagination on the main page anymore.
Other than that i would say that i liked the list view a little better, but that might just be a old habit.
I like the new design and look forward to a more final version of it.
Dark mode does not stay active on mobile (iPhone)
Maybe this post and the Order Status and Store Update one should be stickied so everyone can find them more easily.
On PC, I noticed that the Main Page before and after logging in is different. This seems to have cause some issues:
- Before logging in, the Main Page shows two separate sections for releases: "Popular Right Now" and "New Releases". After logging in, the Main Page no longer has the "Popular Right Now" section so if this page still shows those that are "Popular Right Now" it cannot be differentiated with the "New Releases". Do also note that before logging in each release is shown with a single image and has no tags shown and after logging in each release is shown with two images and shows its tags.
- Before logging in, there are some page buttons at the bottom of the Main Page to navigate to another page of past "New Releases" - note that "Popular Right Now" is only shown on the Main Page or Page 1. After logging in, the bottom of the Main Page no longer has any button to navigate to past releases.
- While I am not sure if this is a issue, the Main Page before logging in has no side bar while the Main Page after logging in has a side bar that the latest books released.

Some other issues I noticed:
- On the Notifications page, new or alerted notification cannot be differentiated with past notifications.
- The Favorites button on each release's page is the only way to add and remove the release to Favorites. Using the list button next to the Favorites button to pop-up a list of Collections including Favorites, and selecting or deselecting Favorites seems to not actually add or remove the release to Favorites.
- While one can use the the list button next to the Favorites button to pop-up a list of Collections to add or remove the current release from, the status of whether it has been added or removed from a Collection is not updated until the entire page is refresh/reloaded. To illustrate, I just added A to a Collections called "Backlog"; after that if I use the list button to pop-up the list of Collections, there would be no check mark beside "Backlog" to indicate that A has been added to "Backlog"; but if I do the same after reloading the page the check mark will appear beside "Backlog".
- When writing a reply post, using Preview button to preview the post seems to result in a loading message but no actual preview.
Currently using an android tablet and when you go to the manga, doujin, and games tabs and try to go to any other page, it just shows the same items on page 1. Can't see anything else.
I believe the dark mode issue has been fixed, where it wasn't respecting the toggle on mobile/tablets. Can anyone confirm? Trying hitting the switch a few times.
Using Chrome on my phone, and I can't seem to be able to activate the night mode.
In the menu thing, I click the cute moon, it get circled, but nothing happens and refreshing the page uncircles the moon.
Phone is running on Android by the way.

Edit : Oh and just noticed, the Tasks menu on mobile seems to get me to the Settings menu, while it works fine on PC.

Edit 2 : Update a good hour later, night mode seems to be working fine, refreshing, opening new page, turning it on/off/on/off etc, all's well now
Tsujoi Social Media Manager
The arrows to scroll through a games screenshots aren't working correctly
lolotar wrote...
On iPad Safari in portrait mode, the navbar is incorrectly sized. The “hamburger button” is not accessible.

Doesn’t occur on iPad Pro, only on the original iPad. Looks like they use the same layout though the screen resolution is not the same
sl01 Yuri and Traps FTW
Cant navigate from page. I seem to be late to the party but what happened was a update gone bad or something else?
luinthoron wrote...
Signatures seem to be somewhat broken, for some reason the images in mine that should be on one line show up under each other, other formatting issues aside.

Do you have a screenshot of what your signature looked like previously? I'll make it so it formats it the same way.
Is there any chance the list of collections displayed when tapping the list button beside the "Add To Favorites" button can be changed back to be styled like a drop down rather than a modal? Otherwise can the position of the modal be changed to be closer to the button? Previously it was a lot more convenient (less movement required) to hit the list button and select a collection that was positioned immediately below the "Add To Favorites" button.
Fixed these issues today:
  • Pagination on /doujin /games /manga
    Mobile menu visibility on tablets
    BBCode styles on reply/create topic
    Notification highlight when read/unread
    Dark mode not working in some browsers/mobile devices
    Notifications count incorrect
luinthoron High Priest of Loli
Jacob wrote...
luinthoron wrote...
Signatures seem to be somewhat broken, for some reason the images in mine that should be on one line show up under each other, other formatting issues aside.

Do you have a screenshot of what your signature looked like previously? I'll make it so it formats it the same way.

Sadly, no. In any case, the four small images only have spaces between them in the signature settings and the page source, but are on separate lines on the actual pages. For some reason I also just noticed that the whole line seems to work as the a link, not just the image itself. Inspecting the page shows a possible reason for the weird behavior as all elements of the signature are apparently on separate lines - not just the links with images, but also the <br> tags before and after the spoiler tag, which also create two additional empty lines.