How to Store Fakku Books?

How do I store them in a room so that they last as long as possible? Should the shelve have windows or not? How tight should the books be against eachother? Should they stand or lie down on top of eachother?
oldgrouch Cat of Time
I would definitely not stack them on top of each other. The pressure on the pages of the books lower in the stack can cause ink to transfer from one page to an adjacent one. This is especially likely with art books. Best is probably to stand them upright and not packed too tightly on the shelves. Avoid direct sunlight that can fade the spines and watch out for excess humidity which can affect paper in a number of undesirable ways.

While I'm thinking of it, it's best not to have them so loose on the shelves that they slump sideways either. While you don't want them too tight, they should be close enough to support each other. If you have an incomplete row of books on a shelf, use a bookend to support them.
oldgrouch wrote...
I would definitely not stack them on top of each other. The pressure on the pages of the books lower in the stack can cause ink to transfer from one page to an adjacent one. This is especially likely with art books. Best is probably to stand them upright and not packed too tightly on the shelves. Avoid direct sunlight that can fade the spines and watch out for excess humidity which can affect paper in a number of undesirable ways.

While I'm thinking of it, it's best not to have them so loose on the shelves that they slump sideways either. While you don't want them too tight, they should be close enough to support each other. If you have an incomplete row of books on a shelf, use a bookend to support them.

Thanks for the info. I'm currently out of space and that's why I have them stacked on top of eachother, but maximum 6 books on the lowest book. So the whole vertical row is 7 books. Do you think this is still too heavy? I have them stored in a shelf for clothing so they're in the dark away from sunlight. The climate here is not humid. Think London weather. But I've read about offgassing, should I just open the closet once a day to fix that?
oldgrouch Cat of Time
Off-gassing probably isn't too much of a worry with black and white tankoubons. Ink transfer from pressure is more of a danger with color pages than black-and-white but I would still avoid stacking them long term. If you don't go over seven volumes high, you'll probably be safe for a while. Maybe if you rotate them from bottom to top every few months. Being short on space is never a fun situation. I eliminated most of my hardcopy book collection to save space. Plus, the Fakku digital versions look so good on my large screen, I never even opened most of the hardcopy books in the first place.
oldgrouch wrote...
Off-gassing probably isn't too much of a worry with black and white tankoubons. Ink transfer from pressure is more of a danger with color pages than black-and-white but I would still avoid stacking them long term. If you don't go over seven volumes high, you'll probably be safe for a while. Maybe if you rotate them from bottom to top every few months. Being short on space is never a fun situation. I eliminated most of my hardcopy book collection to save space. Plus, the Fakku digital versions look so good on my large screen, I never even opened most of the hardcopy books in the first place.

I will definitely invest in a big shelf. So I'll have them stored like that for a few months at maximum. About off-gassing, you think it's enough to open the doors to the shelf every day and let them breathe for some minutes?

Fakku manga look amazing on screen you're right about that. But if I just need to pay $10 more to get the hardcopy with amazing quality, it's hard not to. It's also amazing to know you own the digital and physical version for me. The digital for a quick wank and the physical for the more cultured, physical erotic session. And they look and feel great in the hands as well. I almost went digital only but I love the sharpness of the art in physical manga too much.
oldgrouch Cat of Time
I used to have my books arranged in file drawers and never noticed any off-gassing except for in brand new books. As I recall, the smell would cease after a short period of time even if I didn't open the drawers.
Romana FAKKU Letterer
*Always store books standing up. They're not meant to be lying down.
*never have them where they are hit by direct sunlight, and keep the room cool.
*bag them with plastic to lessen oxidization/yellowing of pages. you can buy comic bags for this.

you can go so far as to control humidity too if you wanna go that far just look into book conservation