How to upgrade/order physcial version

Kutharos Not a dentist
So now that physical books ordering is back, I want to try go back in my library and order a physical copy. I am not seeing anything in the system that allows me to do it, unless I missed it. How do are we able to upgrade an order to include physical books now?
Same for me too I have 7 books in shopping cart now, but the problem is 4 of them I owned the digital version, It would be nice to implement upgrade feature, because I could just buy somewhere else, but I would love to support FAKKU directly.
oldgrouch Cat of Time
Not sure if this will help but if I bring up the web page for a book, I see three main clickable buttons below the picture of the cover art;

Start Reading
Buy Paperback
Download

I checked this with several of the earlier books and they all had this option.

I realized that I'd purchased hardcopies of all the Yamatogawa books except for How Good Was I for which I have the digital copy only. I ordered a hardcopy of the book using the Buy Paperback selection. I haven't gotten around to checking if I received a credit for the pre-existing digital copy or not.

Hope this helps.
Kutharos Not a dentist
oldgrouch wrote...
Not sure if this will help but if I bring up the web page for a book, I see three main clickable buttons below the picture of the cover art;

Start Reading
Buy Paperback
Download

I realized that I'd purchased hardcopies of all the Yamatogawa books except for How Good Was I for which I have the digital copy only. I ordered a hardcopy of the book using the Buy Paperback selection. I haven't gotten around to checking if I received a credit for the pre-existing digital copy or not.

Hope this helps.

I'm regret saying it did not show up.

Intercourse Inn does not have any such button on it's page.
Forum Image: https://i.imgur.com/PLy06mI.png

I know for a fact that I only bought it as digital. No such "Buy Book" Option exist.
oldgrouch Cat of Time
Hmmm. I see.

I got the same result when I tried that book just now, so it's not just you. I did not look at all of the books, but I did check the ten most recent. I found that the four newest books do not show the paperback option. Perhaps they simply aren't taking paperback orders for the most recent books yet? The stupid China virus has definitely made a hash of most supply chains. It may be that Fakku's printer has such a backlog that they aren't accepting any new projects until they get their current backlog caught up.
Atmaniac There is no too big
Interspecies Love 101, Secret Sex Room, Intercourse Inn and Black Moon Phorphecy 1 - for all of them you can choose between digital only or paperback + digital. In order to choose you need to add the book to the cart first.

But what's much more needed is the upgrade feature. I don't understand why it's still not here. I'm a long term fan and customer of Fakku but to me it looks like Jacob and other persons in charge have lost the interest in Fakku. Basic features take forever to implentend, almost no new announcements of exclusive releases like new games or other pysical goods, no signs of presence in the forums or with news on the front page. And especially the communication with us - the community - is kept to a bare minimum. Years ago Jacob was way more active/present on Fakku but these times are long gone it seems.

Maybe I'm wrong but these are my impressions and it makes me kinda sad. I miss the passion and enthusiasm from earlier days, nowadays Fakku is just "business as usual" for the most part.
Upgrading a digital copy to a paperback was addressed the other day in another thread. It's in the merchandise thread under paperback books returning soon. But basically, it was said that technical limitations with the new site was preventing it and it was unlikely to happen in the foreseeable future. Which is super disappointing. I agree about Fakku being different these days. The communication since the store went down is depressing.
Kutharos Not a dentist
MakoVII wrote...
Upgrading a digital copy to a paperback was addressed the other day in another thread. It's in the merchandise thread under paperback books returning soon. But basically, it was said that technical limitations with the new site was preventing it and it was unlikely to happen in the foreseeable future. Which is super disappointing. I agree about Fakku being different these days. The communication since the store went down is depressing.

So unless I am misunderstanding, unless something changes I would have to make a new account to place the order.
crispycreams Your Local Pervert
Kutharos wrote...

So unless I am misunderstanding, unless something changes I would have to make a new account to place the order.

What I've done to get around this before is just sign out and add the books to the cart and sign in again. Then you go email them about upgrading after you make the second purchase they would wave $10 off of it. Unsure if that's still something they offer since the last time I tried this was before they shut down physical orders.
Its a bit of a hassle but its all we can really do.

edit:
nvm on that, went through the thread mentioned above and apparently they stopped offering this, guess we just fucked :/
Kutharos wrote...
MakoVII wrote...

I cant imagine that is what they intend. It must just be a bug with the newer releases.
As for the upgrade system, I think that's specifically getting a discount for buying a paperback that you already own the digital for. And not just buying a paperback in general.
Hopefully someone from the staff can post here on Monday and clarify what's going wrong here.
Brittany FAKKU Production Mngr
Kutharos wrote...
oldgrouch wrote...

Start Reading
Buy Paperback
Download

Hope this helps.

I know for a fact that I only bought it as digital. No such "Buy Book" Option exist.

The problem you were seeing should be fixed now, please let me know if it's not:
Forum Image: https://t.fakku.net/images/upload/image.png

I also want to apologize seeing everyone's grievances here. I can assure you passion has not been dropped in terms of items being worked on to share with you all, we actually have a lot of really exciting things to share with you in the near future.

Everyone's noses have been to the grindstone and I hope with future news soon, everyone will be alleviated by the announcements.
Kutharos Not a dentist
Brittany wrote...
Kutharos wrote...
oldgrouch wrote...

Start Reading
Buy Paperback
Download

Hope this helps.

The problem you were seeing should be fixed now, please let me know if it's not:
Forum Image: https://t.fakku.net/images/upload/image.png

I also want to apologize seeing everyone's grievances here. I can assure you passion has not been dropped in terms of items being worked on to share with you all, we actually have a lot of really exciting things to share with you in the near future.

Everyone's noses have been to the grindstone and I hope with future news soon, everyone will be alleviated by the announcements.

I can confirm the button is present now for physical copies. Thank you for the resolution.
muzicfreq One tired person
I have over $100 worth of digital I would love to make physical.... Spending near $300 total is a bit much to swallow. Now I'm just a puddle of piss and vinegar soaking in salt as I am a long time user on this site who has bought a lot, skateboards, some shirts, and plenty of books.

Though I almost feel like with their competition pretty much threw in the towel, they stagnated and just didn't care too much.

Honestly if implementing a system of checks is too much for the coding team.... Then damn that's some high... Grade school level of coding they know. Seen high schoolers make some advanced robotics and that's...
Anyways

Simple check system to add
Does person x own digital version of book x if yes = discounted book purchase
If no = book+digital/digital version.

I know there's more involved but COME ON! THATS PIDDLY SHIT VERSES MAKING AN ONLINE IMAGE READER!
Brittany FAKKU Production Mngr
muzicfreq wrote...
I have over $100 worth of digital I would love to make physical.... Spending near $300 total is a bit much to swallow. Now I'm just a puddle of piss and vinegar soaking in salt as I am a long time user on this site who has bought a lot, skateboards, some shirts, and plenty of books.

Though I almost feel like with their competition pretty much threw in the towel, they stagnated and just didn't care too much.

Honestly if implementing a system of checks is too much for the coding team.... Then damn that's some high... Grade school level of coding they know. Seen high schoolers make some advanced robotics and that's...
Anyways

Simple check system to add
Does person x own digital version of book x if yes = discounted book purchase
If no = book+digital/digital version.

I know there's more involved but COME ON! THATS PIDDLY SHIT VERSES MAKING AN ONLINE IMAGE READER!

While I appreciate your vivid description on how you feel and sorry you feel that way, the team is focused on a POS system that involves a lot of backend coding to ensure multiple departments have their needs met in order to turn around shipments in a timely manner for you and other customers.

Not only does the front facing side need to be coded, to make sure each customer has a secure and accurate checkout, it also requires a backend to work in order for warehouse to organize and work off of to pick, pull, and ship orders in a streamlined manner. These are the types of priorities that we have to build, test, change, and update, which takes time. That doesn't include other departments like sales with inventory and so forth. All these things are being tested and worked on before we add additional quality of life features like you're suggesting.

I do know it can be frustrating, but it's one step at a time. I am very sorry this causes you a lot of frustration though.
erolover Ero Maniac
I know the FAKKU team is working with limited manpower, so I wanted to say that I appreciate everything that they're doing to bring us hentai to the West in quality fashion. As I'm also interested in upgrading some digital copies to physical, I look forward to the day the "upgrade to physical" feature is finished.