Do all Fakku books come with plastic wrap, right?

I recently bought Fujimaru - Your Song, and Mizone - Monster Romance from Amazon (the seller was Amazon themselves).
Both of them were marked as "brand new" however they came without the usual plastic wrap.
I only have Fakku 34 volumes, which is far from the complete Fakku collection, so I wanted to verify that I was mislead by Amazon or not.
Monster Romance was in a relatively good condition, but Your Song was in rather questionable condition.
Forum Image: https://i.imgur.com/Jdu8VJ7.jpg
Forum Image: https://i.imgur.com/Xz1bUt8.jpg

Since both books are rather hard to get in Europe at this point, and I would rather not spend 120$ just to import 2 books, I have to look for alternatives since Amazon was a dead end.
I also decided to check other stores and I contacted an Abebook vendor who claimed that Your Song does not come with the plastic wrap, which made me quite confused.

TLDR: Do all Fakku books come with plastic wrap?
Dastardlyegg Book Collector
I've never had a book arrive from Fakku that wasn't plastic wrapped, and I think I've got nearly all of the books that have shipped (in the US if that matters).

2 questions about what you ordered, feel free to not answer but it's probably worth checking.

Did you buy From Fakku on Amazon or did you buy from a random person's Amazon store?
(Because the latter could mean they just lied about it being new)

Did your package have a unexpected delay compared to the ship date they gave you? (Having worked at Amazon in the past this can mean your package got damaged in the warehouse, and they might have tried to repack it rather than send it back and reissue a copy, which I've seen them do)
Dastardlyegg wrote...
I've never had a book arrive from Fakku that wasn't plastic wrapped, and I think I've got nearly all of the books that have shipped (in the US if that matters).

2 questions about what you ordered, feel free to not answer but it's probably worth checking.

Did you buy From Fakku on Amazon or did you buy from a random person's Amazon store?
(Because the latter could mean they just lied about it being new)

Did your package have a unexpected delay compared to the ship date they gave you? (Having worked at Amazon in the past this can mean your package got damaged in the warehouse, and they might have tried to repack it rather than send it back and reissue a copy, which I've seen them do)

Thanks for your reply.

The Fujimaru and Mizone books I bought from Amazon-DE directly (as in the seller was Amazon).
Forum Image: https://i.imgur.com/BM7B520.png
I can't access Fakku's Amazon store from EU.
There was no delay in the estimated delivery date, in fact they delivered it a few days early.
That being said this is not the first time I have issue with Amazon Germany, first time was a book (non-Fakku product) that was covered in mud when the envelope packaging itself was in mint condition, so whoever packaged it had no qualms about sending out a clearly damaged product.

Normally the recently released Fakku books I get from Book Depository or Blackwell's as they are based in Europe.
Older books or "popular" ones that are usually sold out on EU stores I have to import from either Fakku directly or Otaku Market, but I usually end up paying for 100$-120$ for 2 books after delivery, customs and VAT are added.
sucks that you had to go through this man! hope you get a refund or exchange for the damaged books. at first i thought you fell into the usual third party seller trap, but it really stinks that this happened with amazon itself.
There has been two fakku books come unwrapped but they're also was signed by the artist so that's why. Both volume of Nana and Kaoru was not in the shrink wrap but it was wrapped tightly with bubble wrap and one had unmovable cardboard wedges. The fact that yours had an extra barcode sticker on the back is atrocious but the crinkles is equally as disturbing. You probably can get a refund and keep those books too on that point alone.
chrono01 2D Waifu > 3D Waifu
Yeah, more often than not my FAKKU books through Amazon.ca come without shrinkwrap (and sometimes damaged because of it). It's unfortunate too, since there's not as many avenues to purchase FAKKU books in Canada and shipping from the US to Canada is a real headache. :/
Dastardlyegg Book Collector
I'm not super familiar with how it works for individual EU Amazon sites or other shipping options for that matter but if your country has certain laws about "obscenity/objectionable content", could customs have opened your package and flipped through the book to check the content? (I had that happen once when I got something shipped directly from China, for example, but they at least had added paperwork explaining why they unboxed my figurine).
Dastardlyegg wrote...
I'm not super familiar with how it works for individual EU Amazon sites or other shipping options for that matter but if your country has certain laws about "obscenity/objectionable content", could customs have opened your package and flipped through the book to check the content? (I had that happen once when I got something shipped directly from China, for example, but they at least had added paperwork explaining why they unboxed my figurine).

That would make sense if it was a non-fulfillment shipper but Amazon fulfillment wouldn't need to open up every volume of that series to check for content requirements. It could be the one that you got sent was The Unlucky One they opened up for a Content check
Since Soulkey_ said he/ she is from the EU it can’t be the customs if it was ordered from Amazon.de. There are no customs inspections within the EU. I didn’t know that there are countries in the EU from which you can’t access the FAKKU sites.
Youma81 wrote...
Since Soulkey_ said he/ she is from the EU it can’t be the customs if it was ordered from Amazon.de. There are no customs inspections within the EU. I didn’t know that there are countries in the EU from which you can’t access the FAKKU sites.

Except theyre not printed or produced from the eu. Theyre printed in Hong Kong then shipped either straight to amazon eu distribution hub or from the fakku warehouse to amazon or the distribution service amazon uses then to eu,
The LPN labels are usually used at Amazon for either damaged items, or a customer return item.
So if you bought something that was brand new, shouldn't have it.
The_Otter wrote...
The LPN labels are usually used at Amazon for either damaged items, or a customer return item.
So if you bought something that was brand new, shouldn't have it.

Thanks for all your replies guys.
Much appreciate it.

Small update, for those who care.

Once I bought the items both Fujimaru - Your Song and Mizone - Monster Romance changed status to "unavailable".
I got refunded 2 days ago and out of morbid curiosity I went to Amazon again if they would relist these items as "new" again, and surprise-surprise, they now got a "new" copy Monster Romance.
I wonder where they procured it. 🙄
Forum Image: https://i.imgur.com/aC4xvGw.jpeg