Nicknames

Pages 1234Next
Almost everyone has once had a nickname that stuck. What was yours?

Now I have split nicknames into 3 categories. Nicknames you got from an event/s, nicknames based on your name and nicknames based on your username.

Nickname based on your name
Nicknames is a big thing in Iceland (where I come from) everyone has a nickname based on their name. Even my grandparents has nicknames which they are called by frequently. And because most nicknames in Iceland are based on their names it gets tricky what to call who when there's two people with identical names in the same room. An example to that is my dad and my grandfather, they both named Ásgeir. And are both called "Áussi", sounds similar to "Aussie". So they started calling my dad "Geyri" and let my grandpa stick with "Áussi" whenever they were in the same room. Geyri doesn't mean anything and my dad has no idea why they chose that name. It's similar to my 'Icelandic nickname' they call me "Tony" but my name is Anton. It makes no sense.

Nickname you got from an event
In school my classmates started calling me "Bussen" which means Bus because I was always 2 - 6 minutes late for class. People are still calling me that even the teachers. I don't mind though. I take pride in being called a transportation vehicle. And the funny thing is; I don't even take the bus to school.

My fathers best friend made his own fireworks when he was a kid. Well one day he wasn't too lucky and a firecracker blew up in his hand. He lost 3 fingers and from that day on he's called 7up.

Nicknames based on your username
Ryssen is short as it is so people usually call me that. Other times it's "Rys".

You don't have to share nicknames you're ashamed of.
I remember being called "Mr. Guy" several years ago.
People used to call me "Simpan" when I was little, I don't know why since it just made my name longer.

I know I've had atleast one but nothing comes to mind right now.

Nickname based on your username
People used to call me Aura because Auraid was too long or hard to pronounce.
Lughost the Lugoat
There was a similar thread about, maybe, seven months ago.

OT:
Based off name
Mat, Lugo, Mattarat/Mattabutts (you know who you are), Matholomew (you also know who you are)

Based off username
Gren
In middle school, I remembered being called "Ivanator" by my friends. That's the same reference to the Terminator because I was always emotionless and always having that look of threatening people at times. But it was funny. I accepted the name.

Again, in middle school, my seniors kept calling me "Chicken Little" because at that time I had sort of a small build and I wore glasses. They said that I would've fit the name completely if I did a mohawk, which I didn't get to do in the end.

As for my username, people call me "Oda" most of the time. It's easier to type than "Odamust" which makes no sense at all.
Grenouille88 wrote...
Based off name
Matholomew* (you also know who you are)

yolo
animefreak_usa Child of Samael
Based on my name.
Joe, dirtyjoe, bigjoe, jo jo, chevalier.

Based off my username.
Freak, Freaky, Uncle Freak, Freaky-sama.
based on your name
Friends/family call me "Josh" or "Owa".

based on your username
gitaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Nicknames you got from an event/s
I in 5th/6th grade I had a really bright shirt and received the name Highlighter from it.
nicknames based on your name
nicknames based on your username.
Name:
Roxas187: Roxy, Roxas, Roxas-buir
Roxas: Roxy, Roxas-buir
Soluxx: Sol
Foreground Eclipse: Foreground, Eclipse, Iron, Foreskin.
Reserved for when I change my username here.

random nicknames
Zigazoon. I have no idea why my friend calls me this.
Based on Name

Nothing of note, really. My name is leBoring.

Based on Event

Spiderman - Good at rock climbing.

Bloodmeister - In sports, I have a talent for finding my face where it is much preferable for it not to be. Often ended up with a bloody nose, and one time in particular it was spouting like fucking Carrie.

The Chinaman - Being the only Asian amongst my friends.

Boris - Least Asian-sounding name they could come up with.

Based on Username

Pump, Pumpy, Pumpkin, Jack, Jacky, Jacky boy, Classy Jack.
Nicknames you got from an event's:

Token: Being the one black man in my group of friends who pretty much worship south park it was pretty obvious Id get the nicky eventually. In the dorms we even put out characters up on the doors and I put token shedding it up on the bass.

Micknames based on your name:

K': Since my name starts with K and people don't like to say it cause its apparently complicated(or people are stupid.). But I got it also because K' is my main character on the King of Fighters series.

Nicknames based on your username:

Happy-Go-Lucky-Loney: Given to me when I was especially cheery one afternoon on here. Nothing seemed to bother me that day.

Old Man/Old Gentleman: Given to me to annoy me but it began to catch on rather quickly. So i said screw it and accepted my old man fate. I changed my picture to the monopoly man for a few days but even I got tired of it after a while.
Everyone at my school called me "ashmann" because any time one of my friends got hit on I would butch up and try to intimidate them. The name kind of stuck, I like it.

Nicknames based on your name
My family mostly refers to me as Nickki because my middle name.

Nicknames based on your username.
It's short enough, I'm just called Fro.
Lughost the Lugoat
fuwaruu wrote...
based on your username
gitaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

fix'd
Gravity cat the adequately amused
Box, Boxall, Boxy and Vauxhall Vectra.

None.

None, although my friend Barry sometimes called me Gravity cat because I have him on Steam and we talk on there more often than we talk on Fagbook.

Based on my appearance, I've also been called The Bear, Jesus and Jack Black. Unfortunately I've also been compared to Gerard Way when he had long hair, although not for at least 3 years now. Thank fuck.
When I bought a DJ controller, everyone called me DJStin, then it eventually turned into DJMedzy... That's it.

nicknames based on your name
Since my name is Austin, I get call city's all the time. I get called the city of "Austin" in Texas, and I get called the city of "Boston" in Massachusetts.
Frostin' is also another nickname...

nicknames based on your username.

...-Shrug- DJMedzy.

Edited - Wow, I think I was having a small stroke when I first wrote this.
BIG BOB for all 3 categories.
My name is Robert (But most people call me bobby) and I'm fat (Big.)
1) Due to my animu watching, cosplay and such some of my friends call me "rirry", which is supposed to be Lilly but pronounced like engrish.
2) Red. Dumb and short, but I can't shake it. Half due to my hair, and half as an insult. My middle name is Amelié, which is French. One of my friends from college took french and figured out that it has a rather unfortunate connotation as a HOOKER'S NAME. It's slang for "scarlet woman" which of course, lead to red.
3) Nah.
Kadushy Douchebag
-Mike, Michelle

2feet, that guy

dushy, kadsushi, dush dush
Josh

Nickname in Junior School was Yoshi

Yuri, usually with a capital
Loner the People's Senpai
Based on my name:
A few people call me JB based on my initials. I'm not mentioning the ones based off of my last name...

Based on events:
For some reason my grandpa started calling me George when I was little, it stuck and now everyone in my family calls me George. To this day I don't know where he got George from or how I became associated with that name.

Based on my username:
Boner
Pages 1234Next