RWBY

Great show but episodes are too short. :(
Episode 4 was forgettable to me but episode 5 was decent. It seems that my hunch was right and those two became partners. Now that they're in the forest we'll have to see how they cope with the monsters themselves and with each other.
623 FAKKU QA
Ready, here's my prediction for the next episode (also why was Weiss scared she can fight too right):

Spoiler:
Monster closes in on Weiss, Ruby shows up and kicks the monster's ass handily, Weiss gets huffy, Ruby says "See? I'm useful/I'll be a good partner!" Weiss continues to be a tsundere bitch and says something like "Sure you will/we'll see." End scene or cut to Yang and her new partner (probably Blake).
The Grim seem pretty weak, even for fodder. Hopefully they make the Grim deadlier in a manner that does not result in a Boss Grim.

I appreciate that the Aura business means that they can have characters take absurd amounts of punishment and not have to worry about the realism, but that does not change the fact that it's a very generic mechanic-a unique name would not hurt. Well that's my initial impressions of Aura, maybe it's got a lot more to it.
623 FAKKU QA
My prediction was completely off (except for Yang and Blake)! I guess that's a good thing though considering the show is pretty predictable, or has been so far.

The Aura thing is a little weird, but hey, cool, so you can have an energy shield when fighting; that's nifty. Though I'm a little confused--did red-head "give up" the ability to use her Aura so that Jaune can use his? Or did she just kind of use her Aura to "unlock" his. Also, is anyone else more interested in the secondary cast more than the RWBY cast? Maybe it's just the overexposure (and stupid bickering with Ruby and Weiss), but I'm kind of caring less about the gals and wanting to know more about the other 4.
Kaimax Best Master-San
623 wrote...
Though I'm a little confused--did red-head "give up" the ability to use her Aura so that Jaune can use his? Or did she just kind of use her Aura to "unlock" his.

The latter, pretty much how Nen works in Hunter X Hunter. A Large amount of aura is needed to force open the "Aura Pores" in HxH.
623 wrote...

It seems like Aura has more than just a defensive role, Lie's pink Aura (the manliest of Auras) was flashing when he hit the Snake Grim's fang so it can also project force as well as deflect/mitigate it. On a side note Aura probably explains Yang's Super-Saiyan mode, so it's possible that Aura is influenced by emotions. red-head=Pyrrha Nikos.

I think it's because the allure of having these new toys to play with diverts from the main cast for now, it will probably even out given time.
I had a hunch that Blake and Yang would be teammates. On a side note be careful not to ruin Yang's hair though that should have been obvious. It's interesting to see that Aura can be used for many things besides just simple combat like shielding and healing and we'll have to see how Jaune does from here on out.
Not quite sure why Ruby was flying at the end, I'm thinking they mixed her up with Jaune but that would be a pretty significant mistake.

The Grim Scorpion is VERY old, possibly before the invention/discovery of Dust because the cave drawings on the entrance depict a battle with the creature using primitive weapons, unless the man at the front in the drawing is holding a shard of Dust instead of a spear at the neck. I'm fairly certain Pyrrha could have taken that Grim-if she didn't just blow off most of her Aura helping Jaune sparkle.
Kaimax Best Master-San
WideEyedMan wrote...
Not quite sure why Ruby was flying at the end, I'm thinking they mixed her up with Jaune but that would be a pretty significant mistake.

I'm pretty sure it just shows that something happened at Weiss and Ruby's end resulting in Ruby flying into Yang and Blake. They'll probably show it later on the next episode, but people are making too much fuss about this particular scene.
Man that was one action packed episode. Jaune was actually useful (somewhat) and Weiss showed a much nicer side to her than before. Good, good. Although I have to say that the action sequences looked very familiar.
Action was pretty good, RWBY gets pretty gripping when it throws common sense out the window for the awesome factor. Slightly disappointed that team Ruby was the name they went with but eh details. Hoping Monty does the smart thing and goes for story progression rather than doing filler, especially since introductions have all but wrapped up.
While I do like the series- I get the feeling that things are rushed on the production side.

The pacing is fine, for the most part- but the timing of some of the dialogue feels too scheduled, and sometimes doesn't really flow naturally. The animation also pales in comparison to Monty's other works.

I sense that- by adhering to the weekly releases- they're not letting everyone perform to the best of their abilities, which I think is a mistake.

Better to take your time and release the best product you can- rather than scramble to make deadlines and trot out something that simply isn't quite ready.

I have no idea how things are financially- or what sort of administration and management things are under- but they really should lay off and allow for some flexibility. Production just feels too regimented and stilted- ultimately knocking what could be a great series down to simply a "quite good, for amateurs".
At this point, I prefer JNPR over RWBY mostly because of Nora.
Kinda dull considering the lack of things getting blown up or story development, guess RWBY is going to be pretty relaxed in this highschool stage, hopefully not enough to overstay it's welcome.
623 FAKKU QA
Finally caught up and was happy with the bad-ass fight they had with the bird and scorpion. Awesome teamwork combo shit. And Nora's hammer shotgun is baller too. Latest episode was nice to see happier Blake, but, yeah, hope they don't drag on the high school stuff too much (even if they look cute in the uniforms).
Blake is adorable in the school uniform.
I think Weiss gave up a bit too easily, they could have had a nice little arc where Weiss overcomes her domineering attitude for the team in a more dramatic manner than a talking it out with a walrus of a Hunter. Or maybe they could have just let Weiss's craziness stew a bit and let that flaw add to her character. Well...at least they are progressing quickly much better than a slow agonizing death by filler.
623 FAKKU QA
lol they had Weiss fight a Donphan from Pokemon. Okay episode I guess.
RWBY IS THE BEST SERIES I HAVE EVER SEEN. it is up to episode 10 now. nuff' said, go watch that shit.
Forum Image: http://forum.gamerage.com/grandchase/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Discussions.Components.Files/20/4810.RWBY-FULL.png