RWBY

RWBY season 2 "Opening Titles Animation" because trailer is too mainstream.

[youtube]http://youtu.be/rpAfCxXctlY.*?[/youtube]

Succeeded in setting up my impossible expectations again.

Also fanmade RWBY videogame based off of Ruby's trailer. Mediafire download link

[youtube]http://youtu.be/O_A116ynks0.*?[/youtube]

All made by one person, looks damn good too.
MrTickTock Vanguard of NTR
my roommate really hates RWBY, he says its so cliche and just looks like crap. He doesnt really appreciate how much effort goes into stuff like that.
MrTickTock wrote...
my roommate really hates RWBY, he says its so cliche and just looks like crap. He doesnt really appreciate how much effort goes into stuff like that.

RWBY is cliche and has crap animation from time to time. However I believe in it's amazing fight scenes and the potential for greatness it holds.
MrTickTock Vanguard of NTR
WideEyedMan wrote...
MrTickTock wrote...

RWBY is cliche and has crap animation from time to time. However I believe in it's amazing fight scenes and the potential for greatness it holds.

I think the animations is acceptable, but it looks bad because the environments dont looks as nice so the characters feel like they dont match. As for the cliches, cliches get overused because people enjoyed them, true they can be over used (like cool guys walking away from explosions as an example) but i still see the charm they have, so cliches dont bother me as much, so long as something new is added in as well.
Since I stopped paying attention to Red vs. Blue so many seasons back, I had no idea Monty Oum was working on a whole nother series. I just recently watched it and for their most likely less than stellar budget, it's pretty good. I'd even hazard to say great if given more time to grow. Then again, I have a soft spot for web show projects such as Forward Unto Dawn and the like so maybe I'm being a little biased.
My biggest pet peave in this show is that the characters can't fucking walk without looking awkward.
Show's become popular enough that it has a line of figures made by McFarlane.
PumpJack McGee wrote...
Show's become popular enough that it has a line of figures made by McFarlane.

To be frank the models are poor for that absolutely atrocious price, the type of stuff a little kid fusses over in a convenience store.

Forum Image: http://distilleryimage0.s3.amazonaws.com/65a301dcad1311e38fc912c0786b4ab4_6.jpg
I love the shirt though, nice reference to Calvin and Hobbes.
Well, obviously. We're not exactly talking about big-budget/major studio stuff here.

But it's still pretty cool.

Also, just saw the new OP.

Bunnygirl gets a bigger role, and her female teammate looks pretty kickass.

Zessica from Aquarion apparently goes rogue and has joined the villains over here, too.
Look so interesting
PumpJack McGee wrote...
Well, obviously. We're not exactly talking about big-budget/major studio stuff here

That doesn't mean you should charge an obscene amount of money for that quality, not only is that a bad business strategy it also reflects poorly on the company like saying "we'll produce at this low level and you'll keep buying at our exorbitant prices". They have the money to hold conventions, I wouldn't say they are grand but they certainly make money.
WideEyedMan wrote...
PumpJack McGee wrote...
Well, obviously. We're not exactly talking about big-budget/major studio stuff here

That doesn't mean you should charge an obscene amount of money for that quality, not only is that a bad business strategy it also reflects poorly on the company like saying "we'll produce at this low level and you'll keep buying at our exorbitant prices". They have the money to hold conventions, I wouldn't say they are grand but they certainly make money.

Well, keep in mind that the final price of the thing is more likely McFarlane's call- not Rooster Teeth's.

Rooster Teeth has to pay McFarlane to make these- and McFarlane would have had to create new molds, make the models, paint, package, and then distribute them.

All that costs money, and- like all businesses- they need to make a profit.

So, yeah- the price is a little higher than what I'd be willing to pay (Not really huge onto models in general, anyways)- but the price seems to be about par for the course, really.

According to some reviews, the biggest complaint has been about the model not staying together very well- which is a pretty easy fix.
PumpJack McGee wrote...

Sure there's tons of people who probably swooned at the thought of having an RWBY figure after falling in love with the series which probably makes it profitable, but it still doesn't change it's quality (note the face and low resistance to damage) and that the price doesn't justify purchasing the final product for me at least. Maybe real model aficionados would disagree having bought things worth hundreds of dollars and made profits on resales but that's not me.
WideEyedMan wrote...
PumpJack McGee wrote...

Sure there's tons of people who probably swooned at the thought of having an RWBY figure after falling in love with the series which probably makes it profitable, but it still doesn't change it's quality (note the face and low resistance to damage) and that the price doesn't justify purchasing the final product for me at least. Maybe real model aficionados would disagree having bought things worth hundreds of dollars and made profits on resales but that's not me.

Oh, I have noted the quality- which is why I'm not getting them.

I've also heard some bad things about the DVD releases, as well. Low on features, and some dodgy remixing of the soundtrack (notably, a significant lowering of the music volume).
Revelation Defender of DFC
Wow I need to finish this
RWBY volume 2 trailer.

That mech is good-looking, textures are a bit too different from the rest of the animation though. Otherwise the internet is exploding right now.
Given the amount of art I see of it on Japanese sites, I wondered if they also did a dub.

Lo and behold.

And for a fandub- it's remarkably well done. I'd dare say it could pass off as professional.

Great editing on this trailer, too.
PumpJack McGee wrote...
Spoiler:

It's time to rewatch all the RWBY trailers and season 1 again? Well sure it's only about the hundredth time.

That trailer fell in line perfectly with what I imagined a Japanese voiced RWBY to be like(minus the gender ambiguity in Ruby's voice) and I nerd-gazzed at the quality, better yet those people did a Japanese dub with English subs of episode 1(and then some) and it's on Youtube. It's so good that it caught Monty's eye. Will this be a thing? Please let it be a thing.
Ep 3 Japanese dub