RWBY

Tsujoi Social Media Manager
I've caught up with the series now, it's alright for what it is. I think the trailers really helped build a completely different direction for the series in my mind.

For the most part, most of the characters are likeable. The action scenes are done in the ole Monty Oum style. I like the character designs and their respective color themes matching with their personalities. I like the voice acting.

The only things I dislike about the series are some of the anime troupes and the lack of an environment/background. Although, I understand they probably did that because it was too time consuming to make or render.
Why does there always have to be an asshole in these kinds of shows? On a different note the bunny girl reminded me of Reisen from touhou. Don't know why.
Kemonomimi rabbit....ooohhh resist the temptation to look for RWBY hentai.

I always wondered if Adam or Blake were secretly Fauna, she might be hiding cat ears under that ribbon on her head and a few of the streaks in Adam's hair look irregular. Or maybe they just stylized themselves to represent their support for Fauna, well this is based on the assumption they are activists (maybe revolutionaries judging from the train).

Also Nora/Fang is quickly becoming my favorite duo.
623 FAKKU QA
Anyone still watching this?

Anyway I recently caught up and, big surprise, my initial confused thoughts about Jaune and Beacon were totally founded lol. My only hope is that he doesn't have some stupid hidden power or lame thing like that.
I'm sorry, but the voice acting is atrocious. I simply can't stand it. I got maybe halfway through episode 1 before I wanted to shove knives in my ears.
I suppose Auras imbue special powers in their users like Pyrrha's mastery over poles, sounds fun if this is more than just some disposable gimmick they thought up. I also think it was good that Jaune did not just own the Ursa since he's currently worthless and growing a pair is good way to start being useful.
WideEyedMan wrote...
I suppose Auras imbue special powers in their users like Pyrrha's mastery over poles, sounds fun if this is more than just some disposable gimmick they thought up. I also think it was good that Jaune did not just own the Ursa since he's currently worthless and growing a pair is good way to start being useful.

I don't really get how her control of polarity helped repel that ursa, though.
PumpJack McGee wrote...
WideEyedMan wrote...

I don't really get how her control of polarity helped repel that ursa, though.

It looked more like she helped move the sword to cut off the Ursa's head. At least to me.
Tsujoi wrote...

PumpJack McGee wrote...

In a nutshell-
If you look closely when Pyrrha stretches out her hand to Jaune it's surrounded black which then covers Jaune's shield which then unnaturally moves up to block-so to his credit Jaune did manage to decapitate the Ursa by himself. Her power also explains how Pyrrha's javelin came flying back to her during her introduction.

SCIENCE-
The black is possibly a layer of naturally occurring metals that are attracted to the magnetism of Pyrrha upon activating her powers. It's unclear whether this is a side effect or a functionality of her aura but it gives a nice indication of when she's using her powers. Affecting the strength of the negative and positive poles is probably how she manages motion and if she can switch the poles of a magnet then that also explains how she can readily attract metals that ordinarily would stay sedentary.
WideEyedMan wrote...
Tsujoi wrote...

PumpJack McGee wrote...

In a nutshell-
If you look closely when Pyrrha stretches out her hand to Jaune it's surrounded black which then covers Jaune's shield which then unnaturally moves up to block-so to his credit Jaune did manage to decapitate the Ursa by himself. Her power also explains how Pyrrha's javelin came flying back to her during her introduction.

SCIENCE-
The black is possibly a layer of naturally occurring metals that are attracted to the magnetism of Pyrrha upon activating her powers. It's unclear whether this is a side effect or a functionality of her aura but it gives a nice indication of when she's using her powers. Affecting the strength of the negative and positive poles is probably how she manages motion and if she can switch the poles of a magnet then that also explains how she can readily attract metals that ordinarily would stay sedentary.

Stop trying to science everything. She's obviously just female Magneto.

Also, thanks for explaining. Didn't feel like rewatching that episode to see what happened.
Tsujoi wrote...
Stop trying to science everything. She's obviously just female Magneto.

Also, thanks for explaining. Didn't feel like rewatching that episode to see what happened.

But even Magneto had science behind him! Some Marvel comics related how his powers can interact with the electronegativity between elements!-I'm going to stop before I science myself.

It's my pleasure, as aforementioned I am here to help.
So- in essence- her control of polarity is just control over magnetism, which includes control of any ferromagnetic materials.
PumpJack McGee wrote...
So- in essence- her control of polarity is just control over magnetism, which includes control of any ferromagnetic materials.

Probably, I do not think they will extend her control of polarity to electron sharing otherwise she would be god.

Also no RWBY this week, season finale to take place in the next two episodes via condensing four weeks of content. Really hoping they either get exiled or graduate from Beacon, so long as they go away from Beacon since it's had a nice run at this point.
Fuck, already?

Feels like it's barely started.

Where's a Kickstarter for more content when you need it.
623 FAKKU QA
PumpJack McGee wrote...
Fuck, already?

Feels like it's barely started.
PumpJack McGee wrote...

Well it's the season finale, not to be confused with the conclusion to the series, just means that they will take a break and gear up for the second season. 16 episodes is normal for a roosterteeth season anyways.

However there is a very small chance that they will just end the series with a completely rushed and astoundingly disappointing episode, in which case the next two weeks here in the forum will be riddled with my hatred.
WideEyedMan wrote...
PumpJack McGee wrote...

Well it's the season finale, not to be confused with the conclusion to the series, just means that they will take a break and gear up for the second season. 16 episodes is normal for a roosterteeth season anyways.

However there is a very small chance that they will just end the series with a completely rushed and astoundingly disappointing episode, in which case the next two weeks here in the forum will be riddled with my hatred.

It'll end with a cliffhanger or something.

I wonder if we'll see the villains from the first episode or not.
Tsujoi wrote...
It'll end with a cliffhanger or something.

I wonder if we'll see the villains from the first episode or not.

Probably just be a brief fight scene or them throwing hordes of minions at the protagonists both ending with them fleeing/being driven off with some choice words for foreshadowing.
Episodes 15-16.

So, story elements actually start coming together in a bigger way, and Monty does what he does best for the final episode. Penny's fighting style is recycled from Namine in Dead Fantasy- but it's an insanely cool fighting style- so no complaints there.

Sun and his Gun-Chucks are also continuing the series' trend of Fucking-Hell-I-Wantwantwant in terms of weapons.

As expected, we get a cliffhanger for the series first foray. Overall- not bad. Not great, but not bad. The entire package felt more like the demo reel an aspiring filmmaker would show a major production company than as an actual finished production itself. But it definitely shows great potential, and the voice acting- a major point of contention with several- slowly and steadily improves.

Animation during non-combat scenes remains woefully awkward, though- especially in contrast to them. By far the most glaring is the tracking when walking/running; how the characters will often glide a few feet between steps.

I don't know what it is that happened to Monty's budget- but didn't he have mo-cap capabilities before?

Unless the equipment wasn't his and he no longer has access to it. It definitely would have helped loads.

I'm fairly certain that he was using different programs, engines, and computers whilst making his previous productions- because basically everything- especially character models- were of much higher quality. You wouldn't be counting the polygons in Dead Fantasy.

To wit- RWBY is a promising series. Great characters and concept- but very noticeably hindered by what can be assumed to be a budget equivalent to the sales return of a fire extinguisher salesman in Atlantis.
My mind was blown when I was told the monkeyman's voice over is being done by the Rage Quit guy Michael. I totally didn't notice at first but not I cannot unhear.