[Anime] Sword Art Online (Postponed to Summer 2012)

Cinia Pacifica Ojou-sama Writer
casiopao wrote...
WUTTTT??? LV95 and i still die here???T_T THis is not fair at all.T_T

Hey, at least you get pretty far in the game!
Cinia Pacifica wrote...
casiopao wrote...

But you survive till the end here.T_T And i??? get brain fried here lol.
Cinia Pacifica Ojou-sama Writer
casiopao wrote...
Cinia Pacifica wrote...
casiopao wrote...

But you survive till the end here.T_T And i??? get brain fried here lol.

Allow me to take pity on you, then. e__e

Lol.
raichama Audio Technica Fanboy
I hope the anime goes past the SAO arc to the ALO arc, because in the light novels, SAO is only the first volume. And SAO sounds like a game I would really love to play, because theres no magic and basically its all about what weapons you're using and how you like to play, none of that point and click magic and AOE.
I want the Phantom Bullet arc above all. Then the Alicization arcs...
HiroyukiShota is stuck in SAO. Level: 69. Dies 1 month in due to crappy party members.

One month, i must be helluva grinder. Themz crappy party members.

Episode 2

I particularly enjoyed the studio exploring the psychological effects of the game affecting the players. I would give the episode quite a score if they didn't kill off nobuyuki hiyama. D:
Ep.2

Spoiler:
I can't recall reading this part in the novel, but Asuna and Kirito have mentioned before about how they met each other. Ah so we finally found out how the name "beater" was originated from.

The next episode is most likely the Santa Claus side story from Vol.2 Can't wait to see Asuna in her Blood Knight uniform and Heathcliff the holy sword.
episode 2

Spoiler:
dayum!
even though it's the 1st boss,it's feels damn epic with the help of the choir.

and that's explains the Beater name.
episode 2

Spoiler:
I had shivers watching episode 2. Especially when the last combo and the last hit.

Epic anime is Epic. I just hope that there will be no annoying kid shows up and tries to kill the players.
You guys need to read the Novel, not just the main story, also the side stories. This episode was from the side story titled Aria in the Starless Night. Ive notice that they did change a few things and left out a few also from the Novel. Though that is understandable.

Regarding this episode, Damn! I LOVE IT! I enjoyed every single second of it. The OP and ED credits were pretty good.

Now regarding the next episode, it will also come from the side story part of the Novel. It will explain a few things on why Kirito chooses to do things the way he does. Some of you guys might tear up from this upcoming episode too.... I know I will....
Tsujoi Social Media Manager
Episode 2 question

Spoiler:
Why didn't Diabel notice that the weapon wasn't the same as in the beta test? The blade wasn't even curved, herpa derp. Did he not even complete the first floor?

Also, why you no take potion Diabel?

I like how I can see some resemblance to how people are in mmo's. People playing the blame game, loot sniping, and "I'm a great guild leader I play so many gamez but how i swing sword?".
Kaimax Best Master-San
Tsujoi wrote...
"I'm a great guild leader I play so many gamez but how i swing sword?".

You mean Klein?
If I recall this right, SAO is supposed to be the first "Full Dive" MMO, so for any gamer, it will be their first experience with full dive.

Correct me If I'm wrong though.
Tsujoi wrote...
Episode 2 question

Spoiler:
Why didn't Diabel notice that the weapon wasn't the same as in the beta test? The blade wasn't even curved, herpa derp. Did he not even complete the first floor?

Also, why you no take potion Diabel?

I like how I can see some resemblance to how people are in mmo's. People playing the blame game, loot sniping, and "I'm a great guild leader I play so many gamez but how i swing sword?".

Spoiler:
The boss's mechanics was changed.

This episode was part of the side story, but it felt so rushed to me. So many things left out...
Episode 2.
Spoiler:
I knew that Diabel guy wasn't gonna make it. Dang shame. He was a cool dude. Not sure why he rejected that potion, but whatever. That fight with the Kobold thing was pretty boss. As was Kirito throwing that badass long-coat on, and calling the other beta testers noobs. Awesome.

On a secondary note
Spoiler:
Was the whole "Mysterious cloak" thing really necessary? Not like it was a great shock that Asuna was under it or anything.
i think there is fatal flaw in this anime, how are the real bodys in the real world surviving without food or water ??

are the real bodys somehow connected to an artificial nutirtion that can magically transfrom electric energy into real world food or what ?

this makes not freaking sense at all, not to mention your body has to "get rid" of the digested food.....so if this anime would be real, all the people who started playing this game alone at home, would have been dead after 3 day. since that is pretty much the time that you can survive without water.

but leaving logic aside, the anime is quite interessting, allthough the concept has already been done acouple of times. anway lets see how it will develope.

i also liked the scene in episode 2 where egil basically just said "RTFM" for all those who complained about the beat testers.

i am also waiting for a leeroy jenkins reference in this one :D

come to think of it since there is also accel world running, is the whole virutal reality thing becoming a new trend as of late ?
man how do i buy premium item here?
i'm money oriented player lol
Eranox wrote...
i think there is fatal flaw in this anime, how are the real bodys in the real world surviving without food or water ??

are the real bodys somehow connected to an artificial nutirtion that can magically transfrom electric energy into real world food or what ?

this makes not freaking sense at all, not to mention your body has to "get rid" of the digested food.....so if this anime would be real, all the people who started playing this game alone at home, would have been dead after 3 day. since that is pretty much the time that you can survive without water.

but leaving logic aside, the anime is quite interessting, allthough the concept has already been done acouple of times. anway lets see how it will develope.

i also liked the scene in episode 2 where egil basically just said "RTFM" for all those who complained about the beat testers.

i am also waiting for a leeroy jenkins reference in this one :D

come to think of it since there is also accel world running, is the whole virutal reality thing becoming a new trend as of late ?

Actually the Novel explained everything. They'll probably explain it later on in the anime

Accel World and SAO is written by the same person ;)
Kaimax Best Master-San
Eranox wrote...
1.i think there is fatal flaw in this anime, how are the real bodys in the real world surviving without food or water ??

2.come to think of it since there is also accel world running, is the whole virutal reality thing becoming a new trend as of late ?

1. Not explained in the anime, but the creator Kayaba Akihiko has ensured that all players will receive care from the government, All of theirs bodies will be transported to the nearest hospital. So they don't have to worry about anything besides clearing the game. Kayaba wants to see "trapped players" actually finish his game, not mass murder them.

and on top of that, the story takes place in 2022, who knows what kind of Health technology that has been developed.

2. Not a trend, but both stories are made by the same author, and both stories happens in the same universe. SAO events happens in 2022, where as Accel world started at 2046. Also proven by the development of the Nervgear in Accel world.
Kaimax wrote...
Eranox wrote...
1.i think there is fatal flaw in this anime, how are the real bodys in the real world surviving without food or water ??

2.come to think of it since there is also accel world running, is the whole virutal reality thing becoming a new trend as of late ?

1. Not explained in the anime, but the creator Kayaba Akihiko has ensured that all players will receive care from the government, All of theirs bodies will be transported to the nearest hospital. So they don't have to worry about anything besides clearing the game. Kayaba wants to see "trapped players" actually finish his game, not mass murder them.

and on top of that, the story takes place in 2022, who knows what kind of Health technology that has been developed.

2. Not a trend, but both stories are made by the same author, and both stories happens in the same universe. SAO events happens in 2022, where as Accel world started at 2046. Also proven by the development of the Nervgear in Accel world.

I am not quite sure about point 1 though. there is only one way to keep them alive in the real world.

1. they are taken care of at the place where they actually mounted the headthingy (i dont recall the actual name right now) by either their family or some third party.

I dont think you can transport them to the hosipital due to the fact that the computer has to be connected to the server to retain the connection. So if you were to move the computer, one would have to ensure the internet connection isn´t lost and the PC is supplied with power on the transportation way. And if the computer was connected via cable to the router, then it would be impossible in the first place.

I am also curious what would happen if the connection is lost, i mean they cant simply kill the people just because the connection is lost right ?

Cause every router has a restart option once a day at a certain time and since most people dont turn that of, because it pretty much a default setting, it would have been impossible for players to live longer than a day.

But assuming that you die if the connection is lost, I pity the fools who tried to play the game with a bad connection

login -> server timeout -> dead.....OH SNAP

But oh well, maybe they try to explain this later. The only way i can think of right now, is that every player is taken care of by their families or third party

As for point 2, that makes totaly sense, i also looked it up to get the whole story behind the releases of the authors light novels, thanks for the intel.
Kaimax Best Master-San
Eranox wrote...
Kaimax wrote...
Eranox wrote...

Spoiler:
I am not quite sure about point 1 though. there is only one way to keep them alive in the real world.

1. they are taken care of at the place where they actually mounted the headthingy (i dont recall the actual name right now) by either their family or some third party.

I dont think you can transport them to the hosipital due to the fact that the computer has to be connected to the server to retain the connection. So if you were to move the computer, one would have to ensure the internet connection isn´t lost and the PC is supplied with power on the transportation way. And if the computer was connected via cable to the router, then it would be impossible in the first place.

I am also curious what would happen if the connection is lost, i mean they cant simply kill the people just because the connection is lost right ?

Cause every router has a restart option once a day at a certain time and since most people dont turn that of, because it pretty much a default setting, it would have been impossible for players to live longer than a day.

But assuming that you die if the connection is lost, I pity the fools who tried to play the game with a bad connection

login -> server timeout -> dead.....OH SNAP

But oh well, maybe they try to explain this later. The only way i can think of right now, is that every player is taken care of by their families or third party

As for point 2, that makes totaly sense, i also looked it up to get the whole story behind the releases of the authors light novels, thanks for the intel.

You're completely forgetting one thing, the technology. It's year 2022, where people can "dive" into their MMO, I bet that the Nervgear is not the only thing that was developed in that time.

Basically, you're seeing the problem with "our" time perceptive, while it's not impossible that they have developed numerous new technology that makes "treating and caring" those player possible.

and No, like I said, the government is the one taking care of the players, families are only allowed to visit them in the hospitals. Kayaba Akihiko doesn't want the players to die "pointlessly" due to technical faults, so of course the world already have the technology to support his plan.