[Anime] Sword Art Online (Postponed to Summer 2012)

ep 4

Spoiler:
SOOOOOO much tentacle rape. A good episode though, learned more about the world, with beast tamers, animals, etc. Funny though 7 or so guys trying the beat the shit out of him and he heals faster then they damage.
4:
hmmm... if only its not perma-death... being a PKK Haseo would be badass...
Spoiler:
is she some kind a side character?
rowanatkinson23 wrote...
Spoiler:
is she some kind a side character?

She is. From book 2, which is a compilation of side stories.

Surprisingly, i ended like enjoying this episode more than i judged myself to. Silica's red armor really suits her... them imouto vibes crashing to me. Imouto no evil...Imouto no evil...Imouto no evil...
Episode 4.
Spoiler:
Meet the girl of the week: Silika...I like her. Not an annoying, expendable downer like Saichi was. Plus she's cute. I actually felt kind of bad when her dragon thing died, but all was set well by episode end. Kirito...homeboy is badass. Basically freaking unkillable, and that blade to the throat against red haired bitch...so awesome.

On a secondary note
Spoiler:
anyone else recognize her two "fans" in town? It's the gender and age deceit duo from episode 1. Surprised they aren't dead yet...
Tsujoi Social Media Manager
I was a bit confused as to why she was so distraught over the death of her dragon pet thing. Did she plug in her cat to play the game with her? Or is she QQing about virtual goods.
Well, ep was ok. After the last ep, I was expecting something to go wrong all the time, but nothing happened^^
Still, I totally don't like the episodic format the series has taken. The first two eps were really interesting and exciting to follow, but now it's just some "Short stories from SOA"...
I want a continuous plotline! :-(
Mind fuck. You will get that next episode(s).
Kaimax Best Master-San
Tsujoi wrote...
I was a bit confused as to why she was so distraught over the death of her dragon pet thing. Did she plug in her cat to play the game with her? Or is she QQing about virtual goods.

Well, mostly because
1. She did not know there was a way to revive
2. This is full Dive, for those people who dived (and got trapped) it's just more than just Data. Keep in mind that they're trapped for more than 2 years in there.
animefreak_usa Child of Samael
Actually torrented the 10 vols of this LN. JUST BECAUSE I CAN'T UNDERSTAND THE FUCKING PLOT. Why do it jump from start to him being lv. 78 in three fucking eps.
Kaimax Best Master-San
animefreak_usa wrote...
Why do it jump from start t him being lv. 78 in three fucking eps.

Because people don't want to watch/read a guy grind his way slowly each level.
People read SAO is not because of they want to watch a guy playing a game, tehy want to watch the guy finish the game.
FinalBoss #levelupyourgrind
Started watching this week and I must say I'm impressed. The main character is bad ass, but I want to see more of Asuna.
Started watching the anime over the weekend, and, well...

I'm hooked. That's all I can say right now. Though I'm not really a fan of the character design (for some), I must admit that the (environment) artwork is absolutely stunning.
Shit mmo, reviving pets should be a common thing.
Kaimax Best Master-San
Hentanize wrote...
Shit mmo, reviving pets should be a common thing.

Well, according to Silica's level it's obvious that she doesn't know the place since she's at Lvl 44, and and the Hills were at Floor 47.

And looking at how you get a Pet, I don't think it's really a common thing to have a pet in the first place And the fact SAO is her very first MMO.

"Silica finds Pina roaming around, and when she feeds it peanuts that she recently bought, it quickly became attached, making Silica the first tamer"

She became an Idol and "famous" because she was the first Tamer.
There's always an answer to everything in this anime .-.
Lol Hentanize. Take my rep, take it for the laugh. Lol.

Kai, think the blacksmith girl will be after the next scenario?
One concern from me: I'm quite confused with the time skipping process. Trust me, this anime is a great anime to begin with and I do understand it's a game, so skipping several tens of levels is natural. They didn't quite explain what happens in between such as the lead group (which I can only assume it's the group that's brave enough to take on the tower firsthand before letting anyone else foolishly lose their life. Minor question: Are they responsible of releasing information about the floor/dungeon/boss to all players as well?).
Kaimax Best Master-San
BloodyWind wrote...

Kai, think the blacksmith girl will be after the next scenario?

Probably yes, since they're doing it chronologically.

@tooge: that's because all of these early episodes are side stories that never connect to each other in Volume 2. They're made for the sake of explaining the game.
Main story starts at floor 74, these side stories are shortly mentioned in the main story.

And no the Lead groups doesn't have any responsibility, it's all free will. Some guilds feels they're responsible for clearing the game (KOB), some guilds feels not and the purpose of their guild is just to be the strongest (DDA).

No one is obligated, but most of the players realized that surviving is their top priority.
hmmm, i didn't read the second volume since i found "side stories" to be something i could easily skip. and was sort of correct. so they'll be getting back to vol 1 in the episode after the next? can't wait

oh, and regarding the anime itself - well, feels that the characters were created from the same animators that made working! faces that are, not sure if this is the right word i'm looking for, inconsistent
tooge3 wrote...
Minor question: Are they responsible of releasing information about the floor/dungeon/boss to all players as well?).

My guess is they are since the lead group is the only one who fought and killed the boss. I don't know if floor boss respawn or not but if they do, I don't think people will touch them again.