[Anime] Sword Art Online (Postponed to Summer 2012)

deadsx wrote...
two things with ep.3

Spoiler:
You think the dragon knights (whatever they are called) would be stronger. They are a seemingly a highpower guild, and outnumbered them, yet the lost.

I was more concerned with how they were so casual in introducing guys who were implied to be PKers when this is a game where if you die, you die IRL.

Or were they not really PKers?
Kaimax Best Master-San
Tsujoi wrote...
Disappointed there was no fight scene.

Well, the fight with st. nick wasn't shown explicitly also in the original LN.
Keep in mind that this was a chapter from volume 2 which consists of side stories explaining the events that made Kirito to finally become the infamously known "Beater" and "Black Swordsman".

The anime is following the story chronologically, while the 1st chapter after the prologue actually skipped directly to Floor 78.
castor212 wrote...
Y no proper Rudolf song T.T

Lol. But Sachi humming it made it more the tear jerker than it is imo.

Deftera Mirage wrote...
deadsx wrote...
two things with ep.3

Spoiler:
You think the dragon knights (whatever they are called) would be stronger. They are a seemingly a highpower guild, and outnumbered them, yet the lost.

I was more concerned with how they were so casual in introducing guys who were implied to be PKers when this is a game where if you die, you die IRL.

Or were they not really PKers?

The Sacred Dragon Alliance guild is a clearing group. In the novel Kirito takes note that only Klein was tired after coming back in that he must have dueled someone for a negotiation of some sort. But in the anime Kirito was filled with rage to observe anything. That and everyone from Klein's guild was dead tired too so I dont know what really happened lol.
Episode 3:
Spoiler:
I might have gotten emotional over this episode if there weren't Death Flags every couple minutes and the guild members weren't retarded and Kirito didn't wind up conveniently receiving a message absolving him of any guilt.

Also, when I look at the sword Kirito uses versus Santa, it looks more like an ice-element weapon rather than one that works against ice.
Haven't watched 3 yet but what sub group is everyone going with for this show?
Episode 3.

I'll be blunt. That episode sucked.
Spoiler:
From the easily predictable deaths of Expendable Squad, to the giant, derp eyes Santa Claus(Was I the only one who laughed at that?) to the overly long and severely narmy farewell message...just a bad episode all around.
"If I hadn't lied about my lvl..."

Why does he think that? If anything, it would have saved them, seems like he's trying hard to find something to be guilty of. But again this episode didn't make much sense. I still felt emotional... A bit.
Kaimax Best Master-San
Hentanize wrote...
"If I hadn't lied about my lvl..."

Why does he think that? If anything, it would have saved them, seems like he's trying hard to find something to be guilty of. But again this episode didn't make much sense. I still felt emotional... A bit.

guy from MAL wrote...
Spoiler:

*Kirito lied about his level because he wanted to fit in more. Kirito liked the feeling of being depended upon, as he was solo this whole time and never socialized.
*Kirito knew that there would be trouble on the upper floors, but didn't tell them because he wasn't meant to know based on what he had told them (lying about his level). He still thought that they could manage somehow if they got in trouble as his level was really high (what he meant when he said his arrogance had killed them). He also wasn't aware of the hidden door, and also knew that the chest was trouble. But he didn't say it immediately, because he was having doubts about how to explain how he knows. When he decides to tell them to stop, too late! they all get annihilated except for Kirito, who managed to survive. If Kirito had not helped them, they wouldn't have been at the level to attempt the dungeon therefore wouldn't have died. Well, that's his reasoning.

Best non "rage" answer I can found in MAL.

-------
You can now go preorder the game for 39.000 Yen and 129.000 Yen inclduing the NerveGear
http://sgcafe.com/2012/07/sword-art-online-preorders-open/?t=Sword+Art+Online+Preorders+Open%3F

It's a Joke LOL
So are the The Sacred Dragon Alliance guild dead or did they retreat
I just read volume 1 of the LN - it was awesome to the highest degree
Spoiler:
dat cliffhanger
Ammy wrote...
Spoiler:
dat cliffhanger

Makes you wonder how the Anime will go at its ending.
BloodyWind wrote...
Ammy wrote...
Spoiler:
dat cliffhanger

I'm sure they'll do a good job with it. I just hope he....

(don't open unless you've read volume one)
Spoiler:
...finds Asuna. I'm guessing he finds her eventually but I still want to know for sure. EDIT - or for that matter, I just hope she's alive at all
Ammy wrote...
BloodyWind wrote...
Ammy wrote...
Spoiler:
dat cliffhanger

Spoiler:
...finds Asuna. I'm guessing he finds her eventually but I still want to know for sure. EDIT - or for that matter, I just hope she's alive at all

GO THROUGH VOLUME TWO NOA!!! You wont regret it.
BloodyWind wrote...
Ammy wrote...
BloodyWind wrote...
Ammy wrote...
Spoiler:
dat cliffhanger

Spoiler:

I plan on starting it tonight. It doesn't continue from the end of volume 1, does it? I thought it was mainly side-stories that happened during volume 1.
Ammy wrote...
BloodyWind wrote...
Ammy wrote...
BloodyWind wrote...
Ammy wrote...
Spoiler:
dat cliffhanger

Spoiler:

I plan on starting it tonight. It doesn't continue from the end of volume 1, does it? I thought it was mainly side-stories that happened during volume 1.

Yep side stories. And the end of volume 2 is teary-eyes.
castor212 wrote...
Ammy wrote...
BloodyWind wrote...
Ammy wrote...
BloodyWind wrote...
Ammy wrote...
Spoiler:
dat cliffhanger

Spoiler:

Yep side stories. And the end of volume 2 is teary-eyes.

Well way to give it away man. Then again that could mean "teary-eyes" in good way or a bad way. Don't tell me which.
Its been a day. So?
I'm wondering how can they continue playing while their body is "asleep" all day.
Kaimax Best Master-San
変態 wrote...
I'm wondering how can they continue playing while their body is "asleep" all day.

The brain is not asleep.
Blargh, the next episode isnt really my cup of tea.

This episode was okay. Kirito is badass as always.