[Locked] Discussion: Unlicensed Content Removal

I actually haven't been here long enough to see what has disappeared. But, if any loli disappeared, then good riddance. I would rather not be subbing to a service that provides those kinds of content.
Beans and Rice wrote...
I actually haven't been here long enough to see what has disappeared. But, if any loli disappeared, then good riddance. I would rather not be subbing to a service that provides those kinds of content.

For quite some time before the subscriptions there wasn't a lot of loli content, so it isn't a great loss anyway.
If you cooperate with http://pizazz.jp and bring me my favorite authors: Ozaki Akira, Nagashima Chousuke, Kawamori Misaki, Tatsunami Youtoku, Hidemaru...
And as for Doujinshi: (MTSP JIN) Tachibana-san-chi no Dansei Jijou Matome Ban
You have my full support:)
Kaimax Best Master-San
pavel87 wrote...
If you cooperate with http://pizazz.jp and bring me my favorite authors: Ozaki Akira, Nagashima Chousuke, Kawamori Misaki, Tatsunami Youtoku, Hidemaru...
And as for Doujinshi: (MTSP JIN) Tachibana-san-chi no Dansei Jijou Matome Ban
You have my full support:)

One step at a time my young fapper. :D
Now it's the time to show to other publishers and artists that FAKKU is serious on turning legit with this move. Let's just hope that they'll take fakku's desicion seriously.
Well, I got myself a subscription in the hopes that it would allow free content to stay. Instead it seems it did the opposite. I will miss this place. First Pururin, now Fakku. Gone forever... :(
Maybe when I start seeing enough work from a few artists that I like, I'll consider a subscription. Right now, I don't know most of the artists that this site is getting it's content from. Would rather bank on what I know and love.
Can you at least bring back my favorites so I know what they were? Even if I can't view them?
Was there an announcement email that all your favorites will be removed but you can backup them? I am now sad that my favorites are gone. I rarely visit fakku often ever since 2014.
Misaki_Chi Fakku Nurse
andromeda2010 wrote...
Was there an announcement email that all your favorites will be removed but you can backup them? I am now sad that my favorites are gone. I rarely visit fakku often ever since 2014.

Was posted on here, on the front page and in numerous sections for over a year and a half. Fakku doesn't send out emails and don't believe they ever have unless you buy things from the store.
Suppose amazon had been selling only counterfeit goods for a while. Would you be pissed if they started selling the originals, but had to remove the counterfeit goods in order to do so?

I guess some people are just really pissed that the one site they've been using to read hentai for a long time doesn't have their free hentai anymore. Which I could understand if it weren't for the fact that the artists who draw that hentai also need to eat to live (and be able to draw). I think it should be kinda obvious that this is a good thing, even if you prefer to use a different site that still hosts unlicensed content for free. Piracy won't ever become impossible, but if you want to pirate something, it needs to be made first. Which costs money, which needs to come from somewhere.
Hi Jacob, I have a few questions for you if you even read this haha. I have been following Fakku for the past 5 and it's been my first hentai website. When you first announced subscription, I was glad as I was able to support the authors in ways I never thought possible. I couldn't buy books as it was way to expensive to ship it over to the other side of the globe (I live in Asia), and I love hard copies. Anyhow, it deeply saddens me to see this site not doing as well as before. I don't mind paying subscription at all, even if it is a tad bit expensive for me. Hence I purchase subscription once in a while.

My question is, are you worried that alot of people are leaving, seeing that Fakku has turned full legal? That only a small loyal group of subscribers would remain?

It has also come to my attention that some people who want to enjoy the same content, don't get to because they don't have the means to pay. I do share my subscription with a friend of him with similar issues. But for some other people who face this problem, do you have any plans?

Finally, what about newly doujins from stuff like comiket? How do you plan on working with doujin circles and artists? There are so many out there, and I would love to support them indirectly. Purchasing their books through proxies has proven quite troublesome and expensive too. I am currently reading Chinese scanlations of these as they are superbly fast, they release the day the doujin event starts or ends.

Thanks for reading!
Lelviathan Level 9001
To all the people throwing out the "You had 6 months notice" shit, I think I can explain the frustrations from these people, based on my own personal interpretation. When I first saw the thread, I took it to mean "All scanlations will be removed." Not "All free content will be removed." I didn't know they were one and the same, and I didn't know this change would mean you had to pay to use any and all content on the site. The post never said anything about this, and I understand why they didn't - admitting it that way is bad for business.

I have been a subscriber for 3 months, simply because I enjoyed the uncensored works. However, getting me to pay a monthly fee for ANYTHING is extremely difficult. I cannot pay for "timed benefits". This is why I am likely going to ditch the subscription. I simply don't spend enough time on here per month to justify charging my credit card $14 per month, and there aren't enough other benefits to being a subscriber for it to be worth paying for. However, I will continue to purchase the books, because they are great, and I can view them forever. I don't have to use up the benefits in one or two months, I know I will be able to read it now, a month from now, or 20 years from now, and never have to shell out more than the retail cost of the book. This is the business model I can agree with.
Fakku was the spotify of Hentai. Now this is bullshit.
luinthoron High Priest of Loli
Lelviathan wrote...
When I first saw the thread, I took it to mean "All scanlations will be removed." Not "All free content will be removed." I didn't know they were one and the same, and I didn't know this change would mean you had to pay to use any and all content on the site.

This should have been pretty obvious, though. No legitimate content published by FAKKU has been free for now, only content translated by various scanlators. Jacob has repeatedly mentioned making some of the subscription content available for free in the future, though.
I'd gladly use my credit card to subscribe to Fakku...

Forum Image: http://i.imgur.com/WDt3eYg.png

Unfortunately I only use Paypal and I know, it's Paypal that doesn't wanna get involved with adult stuff, etc, etc.

Anyway, considering this, the removal of all the free stuff and the fact that even the favs aren't even listed anymore, excepted maybe for the digital book I've purchased with Paypal at the time we still could, nothing keeps me here.

Ciao
animefreak_usa Child of Samael
Still wondering do you peeps not have a bank account nor a post office, Walmart, target, grocery store, check cashing place, pawn shop, or even paypal.... they do give you a paypal debt credit logo card if you apply? Prepaid credit cards do exist.
YQII wrote...
TailGun wrote...
But doing a complete 180

and eventually, more free content.

It would be great if you could stop lying. Paywalled sites never become free.

It's manipulative and sleazy to lie in order to have people return and hope for free content.
YQII FAKKU Translator
snowplow123 wrote...
It would be great if you could stop lying. Paywalled sites never become free.

There are plenty of sites that offer both free and premium content. Crunchyroll should be the most obvious example after constantly being brought up as a comparison.
Wow well i sorry to say it looks like i wont be coming to this site anymore. Now that all the free content was removed off of fakku theres no point in me paying for it when there is othersites that offer this for free. Althought this was the best site for years maby since fakku was even founded it was the best. But some of us just cant pay for hentai. I really am dissapointed of years of saving favorites in a colletion is just gone over night. Sorry jacob i hope you dont lose too much business from doing this.
Fuck it.

i will find an other site.

it was good as long as it lastet.

but now its over.

bye forever.