[Anime] Aoki Hagane no Arpeggio: Ars Nova

Pages 123Next
So apparently, I just noticed this anime through its preview. Though it's been almost a month since the preview was shown, and yet there's still no thread about it. Anywho,
Synopsis wrote...
In the story, a Fleet of Fog loaded with super weapons suddenly appear all over the world. Without the ability to withstand this fleet, humanity was defeated and could no longer travel the seas. 17 years after the devastating naval war, Chihaya Gunzou and his friends somehow commandeer a Fleet of Fog submarine and rename it I-401. Together with Iona, they take on the Fleet of Fog.

More details about the anime is in this link. The official website for the anime has opened as well.

And the preview of the anime for the curious,

I've also started reading the manga of this series. So far, I'm liking it. Despite the battleship jargons and complicated scientific words, it only bothers me a little. Still, I learned a few things while reading the manga. Even if it's all fictional, the whole concept looks interesting and I can't wait for the airing announcement of the anime.
It looks a bit odd and anime about boats isn't really my thing.

What I've gathered from the trailer tho is;
a) Every ship apparently has a female captain
b) Said female captain has the same color as the ship
c) For some reason the ships have colors
DVSN wrote...
It looks a bit odd and anime about boats isn't really my thing.

Spoiler:
a) That's what I thought at first too. But if you've read the manga, the actual captain of the good guy's ship is a dude.

b) That'd be because the girls are apparently the ship themselves.
EDIT: This should've been the answer for a). It applies to b) as well.

c) Aoki Hagane means Blue Steel which is the nickname for the good guy's ship because it's blue. (derp)

Update:
The second PV came up recently. Now to wait for autumn to come.
Odamust wrote...
[quote="DVSN"]It looks a bit odd and anime about boats isn't really my thing.

Spoiler:
a)When you refer to a ship, it's always "her" or "she" much like how it goes in most anime at least, not sure if an actual navy does it too.
b.)Well yes, for their are the ship's AI. Rather, they're the avatar for the said ship hence it's color. You know how japan likes to moefy things.
c.)In the code of war or some rule I hear, every nation/faction MUST have either their own original pattern and color or insignia inscribed in every soldier equipment(including ships and vehicles). This rule was somehow violated by the japs in their attempt of invasion of Midway back in WWII for the japs colored their fighter planes as one of the American planes therefore avoided flaks.

It's gonna be a good show. Can't wait for it XD
I'm a devoted fan of this manga, so please PLEASE don't ruin it with a shoddily made anime adaptation. Make something epic.

Seriously, please? ;_;
pihip wrote...
I'm a devoted fan of this manga, so please PLEASE don't ruin it with a shoddily made anime adaptation. Make something epic.

Seriously, please? ;_;

Spam emails to the director? Anyway, we can only hope for the better or make it slow like SnK.
Oh my, I didn't realise that the third PV came out weeks ago. And the fourth PV came out very recently too.

PV 3
Spoiler:

PV 4
Spoiler:

On a side note, it sucks that I can't edit the title of this topic. It should've been "Aoki Hagane no Arpeggio: Ars Nova" instead. Found the solution. Now the topic picture is the only problem. Anyway, I can't wait for this to start.
[size=28][color=#9D0A0A]OMG TAKAO LOOKS GLORIOUS.[/color][/h]

I've read this manga since what, 2011? 2012? All I can say is that I love the sci fi
theme in this and all manners of boats and submarines.

And so I say to you all this little thing in big letters:

[color=#9D0A0A]EVERY SHIP IS MODELED AFTER A WW2 SHIP/SUB. LIKE DIRECTLY.

EXPECT TO LOOK UP WHAT SHIP APPEARS. MOST OF THEM WILL BE FROM THE JAPANESE NAVY.
[/color]

The I-401 was a Japanese submarine and served till the end of the war.
YES, Give me DAT SCI-FI BATTLESHIP ACTION. I just clicked the manga last year out of searching for Scifi action genres and remembering the malmsteen. Sleep was never found that day.
New PV. Let it be October now!

Spoiler:

Also, it's been a while since the latest chapter of the manga was released.
Sort-of-weird CG character models, but once you get past that it's a pretty good show.
Nano's doing the OP, that's all that's needed for me.
I must say, the first episode left me excited for more. The animation's different but that doesn't change the plot, so I pity some people who'd be bothered so easily just because its animation is out of their norm.

On the side note, I don't remember exactly the first time Gunzou and Iona met in the manga, or maybe I'm forgetting some things in the manga. Anywho, I'd say that the anime portrayed their first encounter quite well. I can't wait for the battle between the 401 and Takao, as well as the other mental models. Oh, and the theme song at the end of the episode was awesome.
Ep 2

Spoiler:
The character CGs reminds me of those used in Kingdom S1, with their stiff palette and crap motion. (But unlike Kingdom with its close-combat scenes, the characters don't seem to be as heavily utilized motion-wise) The ships themselves look good, even as cyberized designs of period vessels.

The show itself seems interesting, with the first episode introduction that was not excessively drawn out. The second one followed up with a great encounter between 401 and Takao with the back and forth of firepower and *gasp* tactics, while bits of pieces of the info are doled out further. Still going to give this show a go for now. (And no, I haven't read the manga, so no particular expectations on that front)

@end of ep 2 with Takao: Lol, Gunzou be getting a harem.
just watched epd 2...
Spoiler:
WOW this was an intense epd. I hope the show does more of this, but I want to learn some more about Iona, and Gunzou
Episode 2
Spoiler:
That battle...SO MANY MISSILES!! The anime made the scenes more intensed than the manga. I don't clearly remember what came after this battle, but I can't wait to see Hyuuga and Haruna in the future episodes.
Watched only the first episode to see if it was worth it, and it seems good so far - the fact that it's almost all CG doesn't bother me.

Oh, and Iona playing with the flock of starfishes was adorable. Squish squish :3
I dunno about other people, but the animation is not actually bad.

So far so good though, some parts are kinda different from the manga, but the main idea is still there.
Am I the only one to notice just how derped Iona's eyes look?
Forum Image: http://puu.sh/4SS2X

On another note, I am highly enjoying this anime. So far my favorites for this season are Ars Nova, Coppelion, and Strike the Blood.

edit:

ep3:
Spoiler:
Takao confirmed M.

Can't wait for the next episode.
Episode one gave me a bad impression but episode two really kicked it up a notch and definitely secured my interest. So far the pace has been just right with some decent character development happening in episode three. Looks like it might take my spot for anime of the season away from Kill la Kill.

Spoiler:
The battle with Takao was exhilarating and for the first time in a while it's an anime that manage to put me on the edge of my seat. Being a huge fan of navy warfare I was overjoyed to hear all the appropriate nautical terms being used and dead accurate depictions of WW2 vessels.
Pages 123Next