[Anime] Aoki Hagane no Arpeggio: Ars Nova

Pages Prev123Next
Episode 3
Spoiler:
Oh Takao, she's so funny. On a serious note, I think that the anime's going in a different direction from the manga. I re-read the specific chapters of the manga and realised that some things were missing, mainly the plot drive. Well, I can't blame them entirely as they got only 12 episodes. Furthermore, the manga still hasn't reach the core of the whole story yet. I wonder how will the anime reached its conclusion. Anyway, hope things turn out well. On a side note, Kirishima's hotter here than in the manga and HAAAAAAARRRUUUUUUUUUNNNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA finally appears. Looking forward to that difficult battle.

And that pleasure face,
Spoiler:
Forum Image: http://i4.minus.com/iZpoqaWRiwsc2.png
This series is entertaining.
Spoiler:
The battle against Takao was well done. With everything being CG there's no disconnect between hand-drawn and CG objects so it feels like everything belongs. I lost it when Iona pulled up her shirt and the gravity cannon opened.

Even though they call themselves weapons and claim to only act as objects, Iona and the Fog are already more human than generic weapons
Ep 3:

Spoiler:
An interesting episode, with interactions on 'both' sides of the conflict. Takao going rogue seems to shift her as an unknown element (with 400 and 402 playing the 'creepy twins')...and yes, her expression was hilarious.

With the upcoming battle, it seems like this series will move with encounters in the order of 'introduction' from the OP, with Kongo being the end 'boss' or something like that. And though I haven't read the manga, based on past trends, this series will probably be a stand-alone one season 'promo' for the core manga, though if popular enough, it could warrant subsequent seasons with the some use of the manga material along with original content.
Episode 4:
Spoiler:
Delicious 2 ship symmetrical docking for supa gravity cannon.

Too bad it never fired, I would have loved to see it pulled off.

Also, delicious Haruna is delicious!
Episode 4
Spoiler:
That battle was glorious. Even though the man-made giant submarine Hakugei isn't in the anime, they still managed to pull it off in this difficult battle.

Also, Haruna at the end of the episode,

Forum Image: http://31.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m9h0la70Xa1rb4qlso1_250.gif
This was another great epd. Im expecting some more story in the next epd.
Oda, you're going to jizz your pants this episode.

Ep.5
Spoiler:
This was a really good episode. I found it really sad the way Makie so casually mentioned that she had no mother and that her father was dead. "I've always eaten alone." I also realized just how tall Haruna really is this episode.

[7:23:04 PM] Fi: HARUNA IN LEWD BLACK BRA AND PANTIES
[7:23:15 PM] Fi: WITH RED TRIM
Episode 5
Spoiler:
I nearly did jizz in my pants, well not really. But I do love this episode very much. DAT HARUNA! The fact that the "father" of Makie was actually bedridden is better than the manga in my opinion, though I'm kind of confused of how he actually faked his death. Did he really went through that whole accident act resulting in injuring himself while pretending that he was dead?

Anyway, next episode please come fast.
Odamust wrote...
Episode 5
Spoiler:
I nearly did jizz in my pants, well not really. But I do love this episode very much. DAT HARUNA! The fact that the "father" of Makie was actually bedridden is better than the manga in my opinion, though I'm kind of confused of how he actually faked his death. Did he really went through that whole accident act resulting in injuring himself while pretending that he was dead?

Anyway, next episode please come fast.

Spoiler:
He did, judging that he can't speak. Though it is a giant plot hole how his death escaped government inspection. My guess is he has some connections besides that other person in the manga. Only time will tell. Alas I'd have to disagree with you that it was better bedridden. Him walking around, sulking and spiting, with his hair white from previous shock, was much better. He actually shows more regret there in the manga(despite him being paralyzed in the anime).
'

Also:
[size=28]HOPEFULLY GLORIOUS HYUGA NEXT EPISODE.[/h]
this was a good ep a wel. this ed had some feels. I want he next epd
Spoiler:
I'm glad they don't die when the ships get destroyed. I like how the Fog which claims to be weapons and have no emotions are sympathizing with a manufactured person who was made to be a weapon.

Dat Haruna service
Wow. 6 Episodes and this anime continues to impress me. I mean, the moment it impresses me enough not to spoiler myself on the manga, it's pretty damn good alright.
Ep. 6

Spoiler:
I sense a mental model harem...

Another great episode. For a moment I thought that they were actually going to kill Makie off. I had a shiver go down my spine when the soldiers fired. I laughed when Iona saved them. The soldiers ran like hell from a loli. I really like how flat and robotic Iona's voice can be too.
Foreground Eclipse wrote...
Ep. 6

Spoiler:
I laughed when Iona saved them. The soldiers ran like hell from a loli. I really like how flat and robotic Iona's voice can be too.

Spoiler:
I was almost expecting a first-person view from Iona with "Human Casualties: 0.0" at that scene. xD

Spoiler:
A lull episode though we get the expected intro of Hyuuga, with her being the eccentric type. (esp when it comes to Iona, apparently)

Also, lol:
Forum Image: http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y13/liubei013/arsnovae701.jpg

Another lol at the ED, where the actual ships replaced the girls.
7 and 8
Spoiler:
DAT TAKAO.

Forum Image: http://31.media.tumblr.com/2e682321c24a8f36fb88b358f189c87f/tumblr_mwuujb87Kn1rimi69o2_500.jpg

Seriously though this is one of the few shows I really look forward to each week. Wish it was more than just 12 episodes.
Spoiler:
Forum Image: http://i.imgbox.com/abdzhc01.gif Forum Image: http://i.imgbox.com/abitu1Yp.gif
I could do this to Haruna all day

Kongou is quite clever by leaving her core behind. It seemed she was somewhat influence though, at least I'm hoping that's what the bitten pepper refers to.

That part where they mention why the mental models are all women. Priceless.
Reading the manga, really liking it.
The idea of watching the battles animated is an interesting one, maybe i will watch it...
@niell: True, I wish it could be longer. But the 12-13 ep season is a more cost-effective model in regards to anime production. So I guess you could say, they are 'testing the waters', eh? *runs*

Spoiler:
@Haruna: It's like peek-a-SHA-King, lawl.

Interesting that Chihaya opted for a meet-up, though Kongou (yay, more Kongou) interpreted everything as a lure. Having hers and Maya's core secured on their respective vessels is the 'logical' choice, but then again, the cause of the 'conversion' is anything but logical.
I am new to all this but currently this show and A Certain Scientific Railgun are my tied favs. I look forward to this weekly. I have not read the manga yet. I will probably start when the season ends as a way to stretch it out longer.
EP 10
The FEELS TT_TT
also
Spoiler:
new I-401 + Takao
Forum Image: http://static3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20131210034959/aokihagane/images/thumb/8/8e/I-401-new.png/640px-I-401-new.png
BADASS!!!

Really like the anime version than manga. Plot is more fleshed out and feels real and alive.
I hope this gets season 2 soon and/or slightly deviate from the manga. The direction is just better.
Pages Prev123Next