[Anime] Aoki Hagane no Arpeggio: Ars Nova

Pages Prev123
This show has exceeded all expectations. Only started watching for epic naval combat, ended up with that plus so much more. Gets my vote for most underrated show of the season.

Spoiler:
NUUUUUUU TAKAO MAI WAIFUUUUUUUU WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY NUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

but

Spoiler:
Dat new 401 though. Like a blade of blue steel on the water.
niell wrote...
This show has exceeded all expectations. Only started watching for epic naval combat, ended up with that plus so much more. Gets my vote for most underrated show of the season.

Spoiler:
NUUUUUUU TAKAO MAI WAIFUUUUUUUU WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY NUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

but

Spoiler:
Dat new 401 though. Like a blade of blue steel on the water.

Hell, I didn't even know jack about this show and I'm pleasantly surprised at how enjoyable it is thus far.

Spoiler:
A helluva lot of twists in this ep, with Takao/401 fusion, and (my waifu D: ) Kongou getting shit on by the I400 twins.
Spoiler:
ALL HAIL THE TSUNDERE CRUISER!!!

Also, Kongou created a Death Star. Hot damn.

Really gonna miss this show when it's over. Dare I say it, I think it's even better than Kill la kill.

And isn't this just the most badass looking ship ever

Spoiler:
Forum Image: https://www.fakku.net/image-404/images/1867914-6K6KVOK.png
niell wrote...
Spoiler:

Really gonna miss this show when it's over. Dare I say it, I think it's even better than Kill la kill.

Kongou is not even being fair anymore.
Spoiler:
This is a naval anime, and she shows up with a Fucking Death Star and hopefully a yandere disposition towards Iona. All the better for shooting it down with a submarine/heavy cruiser but there's a limit on over-the-top.

Ars Nova >>>> Kill la Kill
brok3n butterfly wrote...
niell wrote...
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
This is a naval anime, and she shows up with a Fucking Death Star and hopefully a yandere disposition towards Iona. All the better for shooting it down with a submarine/heavy cruiser but there's a limit on over-the-top.

I thought it was just an airship but rewind again the shape and make is like death star o_O
nops wrote...
niell wrote...
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

I thought it was just an airship but rewind again the shape and make is like death star o_O

In before "That's no moon..." XD;;

Spoiler:
Chances are Kongou will first wipe out the Fog (U.S.) ships given her current obsessive state.

@400/402: Hmm...the battle seemed to play out a bit quick, though still entertaining given the tactical level these battles portray.

Also, whee!!
Forum Image: http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y13/liubei013/arsnovae11-1.jpg
Oh yeah, that
Spoiler:
Death Star
. I can't believe how loud I was laughing when I saw that. Speaking of which,

Spoiler:
What are the chances that the American Fog Warships are actually trying to combat Kongou instead of Ars Nova?
Iona is fucking OP.
Spoiler:
Forum Image: http://i.minus.com/io1HeSmAIVUj0.gif
Forum Image: http://i.minus.com/ibkEPSNBykpgQw.gif

Spoiler:
I'm actually hoping that the Americans somehow sided with the FOG. It'd be really interesting to see what happens. And when 400 died...man that was sad.They were reaching for each other then nothing. She was gone and 401 were died at the bottom of the sea.
They really ended it with a BIG Bang!!!

The amount of dakka unloaded in the last ep completely dwarfs all previous 11eps combined. Also
Spoiler:
WTF did the director smoke to even include a shounen fighting scene there...

I just wonder how much budget did they spent on this ep... hats off to them though for making it epic.
I've finished it and I can say at first it looks like a harem with all the ships being female but it has very few ecchi scenes (I don't even remember one) Personally I really enjoyed it, the idea is kinda unique the ending was good too.

Spoiler:
Can anyone explain what the Fog is? You never really learn about what the Fog is and what goal they hope to achieve. Like how do they work and what is a Klein Field? I must know!
Sukoshi wrote...
I've finished it and I can say at first it looks like a harem with all the ships being female but it has very few ecchi scenes (I don't even remember one) Personally I really enjoyed it, the idea is kinda unique the ending was good too.

Spoiler:
Can anyone explain what the Fog is? You never really learn about what the Fog is and what goal they hope to achieve. Like how do they work and what is a Klein Field? I must know!

Spoiler:
Its an unintentional harem because humans refer to ships with female pronouns ("she", "her", etc) hence all female mental models and Gunzou doesn't see them romantically. At best Iona would be a romantic interest but I doubt this is the right series for that.

I haven't read the manga but the whole anime was focused on the Fog answering 3 questions: "Who are we?", "Where did we come from?" and, "Where are we going?". I don't think any of the Fog cast could say what they are outside of "weapons".
The same applies to how they work. Iona could simply say "I work because that's how I am" or give you a detailed technical answer that human technology could never match. When the series ends we may figure out the origins of the Fog and what's written in the Admiralty Code.

Klein field = force field that absorbs energy except gravitons.

Spoiler:
Great ending. Iona jumping on missiles and hand fighting Kongou was a bit much for a naval battle series but it was entertaining throughout. I think sinking the Death Star from underwater would be more impressive on Gunzou's resume though. Hopefully this gets enough DVD (and manga) sales to get a second season.

If Kill la Kill can't beat this ending then nothing will for this kind of action/adventure story.

All the boats in this are much much better than those KanColle whores. Can't wait for Iona, Haruna and Takao H-doujin.
Sukoshi wrote...

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Its an unintentional harem because humans refer to ships with female pronouns ("she", "her", etc) hence all female mental models and Gunzou doesn't see them romantically. At best Iona would be a romantic interest but I doubt this is the right series for that.

I haven't read the manga but the whole anime was focused on the Fog answering 3 questions: "Who are we?", "Where did we come from?" and, "Where are we going?". I don't think any of the Fog cast could say what they are outside of "weapons".
The same applies to how they work. Iona could simply say "I work because that's how I am" or give you a detailed technical answer that human technology could never match. When the series ends we may figure out the origins of the Fog and what's written in the Admiralty Code.

Klein field = force field that absorbs energy except gravitons.

Spoiler:
Great ending. Iona jumping on missiles and hand fighting Kongou was a bit much for a naval battle series but it was entertaining throughout. I think sinking the Death Star from underwater would be more impressive on Gunzou's resume though. Hopefully this gets enough DVD (and manga) sales to get a second season.

If Kill la Kill can't beat this ending then nothing will for this kind of action/adventure story.

All the boats in this are much much better than those KanColle whores. Can't wait for Iona, Haruna and Takao H-doujin.

12:
Spoiler:
Well, damn.

In for the naval battle, shounen fight right in the middle (wat), and a (gasp) decent conclusion, though it's open enough for a hopeful S2.

Called it on Kongo blasting the model-less US Fog ships, given her deranged obsession. Though I'm glad she managed to survive, rather than be taken out final-boss style, even if she ended up working on recovering/discovering herself rather than join the Blue Steel crew.

Lawl at Takao Tackle. (though you'd think they could recover Kirishima's original body as well...maybe she's too used to the kickass bear. xD )
In my last post I said Iona was OP, but holy crap; Kongo makes the Death Star look like a baby toy. I cringed a bit at the shouen part but besides that, the action scenes (more like episode) was awesome. I've heard this is an anime original ending, so I'm looking forward to starting the manga.

Spoiler:
Kongo had a really cool sword too.

8.9/10
Yeah, the anime branched away from the manga quite early, in fact.
Zolnir wrote...
Yeah, the anime branched away from the manga quite early, in fact.

Far too much in fact. The manga had a much slower speed. Aaaaand they put close to 15 chapters in like 3 episodes out of the entire one season. Also, the show cut out a lot of characters, ships, and plot and politics. 'They' made the prime minister more an impatient war hawk than he really is. Kongou was supposed to be more reserved and less of a somewhat fanatical ship. Makie is actually strong. Iona shows way more emotion than in the show. They didn't show Yamato and she's a Character relevant to the main plot... There's far too many things they cut out.
But I digress I did enjoy the show and do wish for 2nd season.
2nd favorite show of this season, 1st is still Kill La Kill. 9/10

Also Takao is best girl!
I know this is a bit late but I watched the show first (glad I did as it got me really into the manga) and I am seriously hoping for sales of their merchandise to warrant a second season (hopefully they'll do what they did with fma:brotherhood) if they even make back their initial investment that would be great as well since they alrdy have the character models and ships they would still gain profit.Oh I just learned that their are of bunch of character songs from the show they are seriously well done and catchy.This one is Iona's :starlight youtube.com/watch?v=YH3QAm6XmZc and the rest should be in the side bar.Respond and tell me what you think.
Pages Prev123