Pokemon

Pages Prev12345Next
Also been awhile since i watched it... awhile is not the word for it... I saw the first and half the second season when they orginal aired in Sweden.
Do they still use the brainwashing tactics from earlier seasons?
I rewatched some of the first ones not so long ago, and it was unbearable. "catch them all" "Pokémon!"
During episode 4, they said Pokémon 40times a 20minute episode, and Ash mindlessly yells how he wants to catch em all and become the best. I suppose there is no co-incidence that the cards sold like crack.

I recorded the first season aswell as the first part of the second, but I lost interest when someone decided to fuck the continuation of the Orange League to promote the silver and gold games. Even in eternal series with no plot development, it still is important. I didn't buy the silver and gold game because of that, which I regret now. :p
dålif wrote...
Also been awhile since i watched it... awhile is not the word for it... I saw the first and half the second season when they orginal aired in Sweden.
Do they still use the brainwashing tactics from earlier seasons?
I rewatched some of the first ones not so long ago, and it was unbearable. "catch them all" "Pokémon!"
During episode 4, they said Pokémon 40times a 20minute episode, and Ash mindlessly yells how he wants to catch em all and become the best. I suppose there is no co-incidence that the cards sold like crack.

I recorded the first season aswell as the first part of the second, but I lost interest when someone decided to fuck the continuation of the Orange League to promote the silver and gold games. Even in eternal series with no plot development, it still is important. I didn't buy the silver and gold game because of that, which I regret now. :p

Like I said before, Ash isn't the idiot he once was. There is no more shouting "I'm going to be a Pokemon Master!" every episode. The Orange Island season was never 'fucked' by the Johto seasons. Maybe the channel you watched in on cut it short, but the Orange Island arc was completed. I don't quite get what you mean by brainwashing tactics. If you're referring to the almost-everyone-being-a-goody-two-shoes aspect, that hasn't changed.

Time to watch some DP 79 ...
ZeroOBK wrote...

Like I said before, Ash isn't the idiot he once was. There is no more shouting "I'm going to be a Pokemon Master!" every episode. The Orange Island season was never 'fucked' by the Johto seasons. Maybe the channel you watched in on cut it short, but the Orange Island arc was completed. I don't quite get what you mean by brainwashing tactics. If you're referring to the almost-everyone-being-a-goody-two-shoes aspect, that hasn't changed.

Time to watch some DP 79 ...

Yes, the swedish airing got interupted by the release of the newer games. I was young, vulnerable and completly dependant on them, mad me really sad, I didn't even buy the newer games, which I regret now.

Gotta face my past, silver/gold emulation incoming!
Pokemon is just funny, I don't really follow it but when it's on the TV here, I watch it for fun. I still think its freacking funny how they act in some situations, and ofc can't forget pikachu who owns everyone.
zerozerofour wrote...
pokemon?

You never heard of pokemon?! :shock: your behind man, very behind.
zerozerofour wrote...
pokemon?

omg this is the 1st time I see someone who doesnt know pokemon O_O what have you been doing mate? pokemon is a legend
Crossfinger wrote...
zerozerofour wrote...
pokemon?

omg this is the 1st time I see someone who doesnt know pokemon O_O what have you been doing mate? pokemon is a legend

There are countries that have banned Pokemon, the only one I know in particular is Saudi Arabia, but there's gotta be others.
The Jesus wrote...
There are countries that have banned Pokemon, the only one I know in particular is Saudi Arabia, but there's gotta be others.

Even taking that into consideration, it's still surprising. I mean, we're on a website where we (mostly) fap to 2D girls. I would think that someone would encounter the Pokemon games/anime/manga before being able to find this site.

I watched DP 79, the only thing I didn't find reasonable was Haruka being defeated by Hikari. But I guess the writers really needed to give Hikari her second ribbon. Comparatively, Haruka got her second ribbon earlier around AG 59.
Pokemon was good when I was 8 years old but now, I prefer rather anime for teenagers...
Hah, I fucking love pokemon. I own all the games, had some crazy rare cards, (First edition charizard I won in school, fuck yeah), and enjoy the show from time to time. I'm currently planning on grabbing the new game for DS when it's released later this year.
Sanders wrote...
Pokemon was good when I was 8 years old but now, I prefer rather anime for teenagers...

Come on Teenage Boy, This site is for Adult you know...Oh...Wait a Minute...I'm a Teenage too...lol...
Anyway...The next Platinum Games..I'll grab it for sure...Pokemon games is Great if you can Go Online with your DS...Wifi Trade or battle...
TehMikuruSlave wrote...
Hah, I fucking love pokemon. I own all the games, had some crazy rare cards, (First edition charizard I won in school, fuck yeah), and enjoy the show from time to time. I'm currently planning on grabbing the new game for DS when it's released later this year.

I used to have a 1st edition Charizard. I got it in the very first pack I got, which ironically I stole because I wanted to see what the big deal about the cards was and I didn't feel like paying. One of my friends stole it and even though its completely obvious, he still denies it to this day. I think when I found out he did it, it was the first time that I ever beat the shit out of someone over anything material.
favorite partner? mine was misty because i thought she and ash were going to be together someday
Dude I admit that Pokemon was my life back then. But as the years went by I finally started realizing how much of it wasn't really all that great. I did the games, cards, and shows. I guess the real thing that brought it down was really jsut the cartoon. The cartoon was just very silly and ended up demeaning the series. Today I just like the games to just waste some time, but I have started reading a manga version called Pokemon Special, and I got to say that it is hella better. This manga series has brought back some of my childish love for pokemon again. Other than that I'm going to get Platina for the hell of it like always.
I love Pokemon, it was the stepping stone to my anime otakuness.
Same here. And yes, Pokemon Special is pretty awesome. Even the guy who originally came up with the idea and proposed it to Nintendo has said that Pokemon Special "has come closest to my original vision."
gboyredpee 2Blazed2Fap
i always liked pokemon, from the (1-5th)seasons to the games. i really like diamond version, my pokedex is like 430/496 XD and as for favorite movies, it would have to be the entei one, watched that about 3 times in one day the first day it came out on vhs, those were the good days.
:D

http://community.livejournal.com/pokemon/1575631.html?thread=23307727
GSDAkatsuki wrote...
:D

http://community.livejournal.com/pokemon/1575631.html?thread=23307727

Figures that Pokemon of all anime would have someone that bored enough to read into all that.
Pages Prev12345Next