[Locked] Comic Lo?

Pages Prev23456Next

Do you want Comic Lo as added magazine for more loli related content?

Total Votes : 310
animefreak_usa Child of Samael
smug fennec wrote...
623 wrote...
RychschaX wrote...

I get that there are legal issues, but I'm of the mindset that Fakku should see how much they can get away with before they're told to stop, then do exactly that much. Otherwise what we have will be rather bland.

Bruh, we can't "get away" with anything if no one gives us the material. If artists or publishers don't want to license their content outside Japan, that's that lol.
A few artists are interested in releasing their doujinshi in English. It's really about what Fakku and 2dmarket can get away with. Unless japanese publishers are also recommending the artists to stay in their lane and keep their controversial doujinshi in Japan.

From the looks of it, what RychschaX suggested is nothing new. Shota and petite monster girls are fine, apparently.

Jacob say it already before. The credit card transaction company are wary of selling basically to the normies would be akin to cp. There's a reason where you can't buy lolicon even though it been around for a long time and there was publishers before fakku didn't wanta try. PH took it out of books and even Seven Seas took the kodomo no jikan localization off because of pressure.... and that shit wasn't even close to be lewd until later vols. They couldn't even get NTR2 off because payment collection issues.
animefreak_usa wrote...

Jacob say it already before. The credit card transaction company are wary of selling basically to the normies would be akin to cp. There's a reason where you can't buy lolicon even though it been around for a long time and there was publishers before fakku didn't wanta try. PH took it out of books and even Seven Seas took the kodomo no jikan localization off because of pressure.... and that shit wasn't even close to be lewd until later vols. They couldn't even get NTR2 off because payment collection issues.

So...do we, like tell them which stuff has loli in it? Seems like the folks processing the transactions would have to actually look stuff up to know if there was anything controversial in it...I dunno
Seems like there's a niche for a transaction processing company that doesn't care as long as nothing is explicitly illegal...

If only...

But yeah, I have no idea what I'm talking about here. I'm just trying to think of any means by which we can get more loli/shota content from more artists.

a little blackmail here, a little bribery there...

All joking aside, the only other idea I really have is to maybe reach out to each artist individually, then if that doesn't work, see if their publisher (where applicable) will go for it (perhaps allowing us to circumvent the artist's decision). The same would go for the other way around.
A bit underhanded, to be sure, but whatever works...

To summarize, I am a selfish bastard whose primary interest is finding a way for Fakku to release more of the sort of content I'm into.

(I keep using 'us' and 'we' in these posts, dunno why, s'just how I write I guess. Just to be clear, I am not in any way associated with Fakku, nor do I claim to be)
Paypal, Wire transfer, Bitcoin, gift cards, prepaid cards, linden dollars (second life currency), a kidney. There has to be some payment method where they don't ask so many questions.
sl01 Yuri and Traps FTW
Lets hop in the time machine. When Ebay initially launched there was no Paypal. When you won an item you would pay the seller direct. This would generally involve personal checks and/or cashiers checks or Money order made out to the seller, for the amount of the item you did not have to descried what the item was. Banks love their fees so it may cost more to cover the charges for this type of payment but it would be a way to handle payment.
adix22 Grape Lolipop
Heck, I wouldn't even mind if Fakku launched different site (FakkuX?) specifically for this type of content with different payment methods.
I don't think this is viable though (New site for niche content probably wouldn't be profitable)
darkfriend Always Finish Inside
adix22 wrote...
Heck, I wouldn't even mind if Fakku launched different site (FakkuX?) specifically for this type of content with different payment methods.
I don't think this is viable though (New site for niche content probably wouldn't be profitable)

And therein lies the rub. It has to be profitable for FAKKU because they are a business after all. First, there has to be a Japanese source willing to license the material outside the country, which they are already reluctant to do and that seems to be getting worse. Then FAKKU has to translate and sell the content through an alternative means: whether that's a different storefront or a reversion to stone age payment methods (money orders, checks, etc), it would undoubtedly be more costly and inefficient than the current established process. The audience for this type of content (or any truly controversial content for that matter) is necessarily smaller than more mainstream product, so FAKKU has to either 1) sell a greater number of units or 2) sell fewer units at a higher price to justify the extra steps necessary for the alternative processing and likely higher licensing fees to the Japanese companies (elevated fees could well be necessary to pry any content of this type loose).

So from FAKKU's perspective, this could be a risky investment in terms of new licensing fees, more man-hours processing money orders and checks (some of which inevitably will be bad), all to leverage content to an audience of indeterminate size that might not buy the quantity of units necessary to offset the greater investment. And that's not even entertaining the possibilities if the wrong content goes viral and creates a social media shitstorm around FAKKU's business. Much as I'd love more controversial content, the numbers just don't seem to bear out the risks a lot of the time.
adix22 Grape Lolipop
darkfriend wrote...
adix22 wrote...

And therein lies the rub. It has to be profitable for FAKKU because they are a business after all. First, there has to be a Japanese source willing to license the material outside the country, which they are already reluctant to do and that seems to be getting worse. Then FAKKU has to translate and sell the content through an alternative means: whether that's a different storefront or a reversion to stone age payment methods (money orders, checks, etc), it would undoubtedly be more costly and inefficient than the current established process. The audience for this type of content (or any truly controversial content for that matter) is necessarily smaller than more mainstream product, so FAKKU has to either 1) sell a greater number of units or 2) sell fewer units at a higher price to justify the extra steps necessary for the alternative processing and likely higher licensing fees to the Japanese companies (elevated fees could well be necessary to pry any content of this type loose).

So from FAKKU's perspective, this could be a risky investment in terms of new licensing fees, more man-hours processing money orders and checks (some of which inevitably will be bad), all to leverage content to an audience of indeterminate size that might not buy the quantity of units necessary to offset the greater investment. And that's not even entertaining the possibilities if the wrong content goes viral and creates a social media shitstorm around FAKKU's business. Much as I'd love more controversial content, the numbers just don't seem to bear out the risks a lot of the time.

I do understand that ,and while I rather like to be optimistic about things, I do agree with you.

As for myself I wouldn't personally mind paying more for less (no pun intended - I've realized how this sounds just as I was writing it)

There's always option for donating for that typ of content (akin to Legend of the Overfiend - when it was kickstarted)
maybe not kickstarter or patreon (as I faintly remember reading that they don't allow that type of content)

Maybe SubscribeStar?

It would be way less risky if people would've donated for this type of thing,and at the very least you would be able to confirm how many people are actually interested (and willing to pay) for content like this. (I've seen quite a few H-games on patreon that were focused on niche content and were earning ridiculous amount of money, just because no one else was making it, so while- yes, it is a niche, there potential customer base is smaller, but because of it being a niche, that smaller customer base has nowhere else to go, so there's more people (percentage wise) of said customer base willing to pay more for that niche)

I would be actually more scared of potential bad press that could've caused issues for Fakku (like banks/sites like paypal outright refusing their services for Fakku - which would be detrimental for the site)

I think maybe trying it slow and bringing one book (through sites like kickstarter/patreon/subscribestar) to test the waters (and profitability ) wouldn't be all that bad all things considered (biggest obstacle being pay services)
I like that idea about the spinoff niche site.

As for the bad press issue, that's why we need more dependable payment processing methods.
darkfriend Always Finish Inside
adix22 wrote...
darkfriend wrote...
adix22 wrote...

I do understand that ,and while I rather like to be optimistic about things, I do agree with you.

As for myself I wouldn't personally mind paying more for less (no pun intended - I've realized how this sounds just as I was writing it)

There's always option for donating for that typ of content (akin to Legend of the Overfiend - when it was kickstarted)
maybe not kickstarter or patreon (as I faintly remember reading that they don't allow that type of content)

Maybe SubscribeStar?

It would be way less risky if people would've donated for this type of thing,and at the very least you would be able to confirm how many people are actually interested (and willing to pay) for content like this. (I've seen quite a few H-games on patreon that were focused on niche content and were earning ridiculous amount of money, just because no one else was making it, so while- yes, it is a niche, there potential customer base is smaller, but because of it being a niche, that smaller customer base has nowhere else to go, so there's more people (percentage wise) of said customer base willing to pay more for that niche)

I would be actually more scared of potential bad press that could've caused issues for Fakku (like banks/sites like paypal outright refusing their services for Fakku - which would be detrimental for the site)

I think maybe trying it slow and bringing one book (through sites like kickstarter/patreon/subscribestar) to test the waters (and profitability ) wouldn't be all that bad all things considered (biggest obstacle being pay services)

Easier said than done. PUSH Publication and Mikandi Japan tried to get LINDA's NTR doujins uncensored and translated for release in the west. Kickstarter initially approved the project, then promptly reversed course when the moral authoritarians started whining. In the end the project moved to Indiegogo, where it failed by only gaining about half the money needed for the project. Both NTR and loli qualify as controversial and niche content. Even with a willing partner in Japan and a crowdfunding platform that allowed the project to proceed, they just didn't get enough momentum.

LINDA localization article
adix22 Grape Lolipop
darkfriend wrote...
adix22 wrote...
darkfriend wrote...
adix22 wrote...

Maybe SubscribeStar?

Easier said than done. PUSH Publication and Mikandi Japan tried to get LINDA's NTR doujins uncensored and translated for release in the west. Kickstarter initially approved the project, then promptly reversed course when the moral authoritarians started whining. In the end the project moved to Indiegogo, where it failed by only gaining about half the money needed for the project. Both NTR and loli qualify as controversial and niche content. Even with a willing partner in Japan and a crowdfunding platform that allowed the project to proceed, they just didn't get enough momentum.

LINDA localization article

I think it's less of "no one wants to fund it" problem and more of "I didn't even know this was being funded" problem
It's first time for me hearing about indiegogo (or kickstarter for that matter) campaign for NTR. ( I think there's many more in the same camp as me)
animefreak_usa Child of Samael
That linda thing was expensive. That's more a problem then genre.
Is there any news on up-coming loli content at all :0
623 FAKKU QA
ロリ wrote...
Is there any news on up-coming loli content at all :0

The latest Esuke chapter was pretty much loli. Not sure why it wasn't tagged as such considering the comments all seem to agree it is. That chapter will also have a sequel. An INAGO chapter in Bavel should be coming at some point as well.
Thankyou ! also seems you can't suggest the loli tag at all either :c
ロリ wrote...
Thankyou ! also seems you can't suggest the loli tag at all either :c

🙄tell me about it. Seems like half the time, on the infrequent occasion that they release some loli or shota, they fail to tag it.
In terms of payment processing, using something like Monero would solve the issue, since that would make it just about impossible to connect the payments to the source. Which is to say, there would be no way for the company exchanging your coins to dollars to know what service you provided in exchange for the coins. Nor would anyone be able to snitch on you.
There would, of course, be the issue of barrier to entry and fluctuating exchange rates.
The real question is, how is it possible that there seems to be no problem to release digitally purchasable loli games like "My Little Sister Can't Possibly Have A Hemorrhoid?!", Maitetsu and Mangagamer releasing two loli games as well but loli mangas and doujins for digital purchase isn't been released at all?

Games are even in color and have sound so why can't there be even some loli mangas, (which are black/white and soundless) for digital purchase? If the payment providers are the prob then how are games no problem but mangas and doujins are? Isn't that strange? I can understand if perhaps acquiring the rights to Comic Lo is difficult somehow, but i can't believe there is not a single loli manga artist who would release doujins or manga chapters for purchase on fakku. Game companies as we see have no problem with that so at least one symbolic loli manga a year, up for purchase shouldn't pose such a big problem.
Freerep wrote...
The real question is, how is it possible that there seems to be no problem to release digitally purchasable loli games like "My Little Sister Can't Possibly Have A Hemorrhoid?!", Maitetsu and Mangagamer releasing two loli games as well but loli mangas and doujins for digital purchase isn't been released at all?

Games are even in color and have sound so why can't there be even some loli mangas, (which are black/white and soundless) for digital purchase? If the payment providers are the prob then how are games no problem but mangas and doujins are? Isn't that strange? I can understand if perhaps acquiring the rights to Comic Lo is difficult somehow, but i can't believe there is not a single loli manga artist who would release doujins or manga chapters for purchase on fakku. Game companies as we see have no problem with that so at least one symbolic loli manga a year, up for purchase shouldn't pose such a big problem.

Because as it has been discussed before, a lot of artists are uncomfortable having their content released outside of Japan and in different markets and format, but such type of games are quite common in the western market. If you want it, you should probably petition directly to the content creators, not the licensed company as they can only license what they are given.
I guess the "1000 year old loli" angle wouldn't fly? Towako anthologies would be great for that.
Towako are awesome!! They are full of monster loli girls.
Pages Prev23456Next