[Locked] FAKKU State of the Union 2016

boltsandguns Electroshock TheRapist
ATF2009 wrote...
I'm cool with it. Just one thing: WHY were the scans removed from the favorites section? I mean you could've transferred it to a 'old favorites' section and made them inaccesible, hell I don't even care about the cover, even a list would've been fine. But now how am I to remember all the manga I've enjoyed so that I can buy it.

Use the export link in the upper right hand corner of your favorites page to get a file with your favorites list
Go fuck yourselves
hgatedc wrote...
yahooeny wrote...
Your plan is not only dumb but wholly unnecessary. Your wish is like asking Youtube to supply video footage for a pirate TV site when there are already sites that just rip the broadcasts directly instead.
Fakku still maintains an admirable relationship with the scan scene; many groups are still hosted with Fakku and recently they straight up uploaded Bosshi's doujin onto EX as a symbolic gesture. I can't imagine publishers being comfortable with this level of interaction with the scan scene and you want direct collusion?

his wish is basically having another "old" fakku, ran like the "old" fakku, for his pirated fap material.
how can anyone not figure out fakku supported such a move that promotes piracy, when they turned legit.

if fakku wants to be legit, dont suggest them anything approximately or even remotely promotes piracy, just for the pirater's benefit. because it's not their benefit in the longrun. not everything is about money.

Oh my lord...
For the love of Jesus Christ my lord and saviour, I give up. I truly honestly give up. That's right. You win.
Question, I'm contemplating subscribing but I don't see a full list of the benefits anywhere (other then the ones on the subscription page), are we able to download the chapters/magazines for offline viewing? and is it just the stuff labeled for subscription or do we get access to the Fakku Books stuff as well? Also is it still the standard image viewer from the old Fakku to view the chapters and magazines or is it a new more advanced/drm style one?
Tsujoi Social Media Manager
enigma619 wrote...
Question, I'm contemplating subscribing but I don't see a full list of the benefits anywhere (other then the ones on the subscription page), are we able to download the chapters/magazines for offline viewing? and is it just the stuff labeled for subscription or do we get access to the Fakku Books stuff as well? Also is it still the standard image viewer from the old Fakku to view the chapters and magazines or is it a new more advanced/drm style one?

You get access to previous and current releases of the magazines (Comic Kairakuten and Comic X-Eros) as long as your subscription is active. There are no downloads for offline viewing and the reader is a more advanced version of the current Books online reader.
Tsujoi wrote...

You get access to previous and current releases of the magazines (Comic Kairakuten and Comic X-Eros) as long as your subscription is active. There are no downloads for offline viewing and the reader is a more advanced version of the current Books online reader.

Thank you.
Can I just donate money out of good will to support your cause? Or do I need to post a Fry meme?
So I am in the same boat as other users here where I don't have a lot of spare money to actually subscribe. So I was wondering (and forgive me if someone already asked this question in a previous post) but is there a way we could sample a few pages of a subscription before buying it, or at least have a detailed summary of the contents of a subscription. For me the tags are not always fully accurate. Or the theme of the story doesn't follow traditional rules of a certain tag, so it can be a bit misleading. Overall, I just want to know if we can get a little taste of what we might be subscribing too, it would just be a little easier to make a decisions. This goes for books as well, and I'm not expecting full blown chapters, just maybe two or so pages of the actually story.
I'm good with Fakku normally but I guess for now this is goodbye. *sniffle sniffle* T.T see ya on the flip side. I will return if it can return to a rendition of what it was. Fakku is a site of good people but as it was once said, "See you, space cowboy"
Tsujoi Social Media Manager
Baby_Gurl wrote...
So I am in the same boat as other users here where I don't have a lot of spare money to actually subscribe. So I was wondering (and forgive me if someone already asked this question in a previous post) but is there a way we could sample a few pages of a subscription before buying it, or at least have a detailed summary of the contents of a subscription. For me the tags are not always fully accurate. Or the theme of the story doesn't follow traditional rules of a certain tag, so it can be a bit misleading. Overall, I just want to know if we can get a little taste of what we might be subscribing too, it would just be a little easier to make a decisions. This goes for books as well, and I'm not expecting full blown chapters, just maybe two or so pages of the actually story.

There may come a time where there's a free trial, but no eta on when.
But...you took away literally all the yaoi there was on the site. Like...it's not even a section in the tags. Is piracy really that rampant in the genre?
Ilostthegame wrote...
Can I just donate money out of good will to support your cause? Or do I need to post a Fry meme?

Why not both?
*insert "Why not both meme here"*
Normal English text:

Damn, I don't know the exact about this details myself but I am a patron reader of FAKKU! ever since this website has started and without knowing that the artists are struggling so hard to distribute the works without their permission I felt kind of sad knowing that these people are taken for granted by some people whom read their works and distributed it all over the internet.

I understand their situation, therefore I respect the decision of Jacob as he said; "This isn't a problem unique to hentai, it's an issue with the anime and manga industry at large and the reason why so many Japanese companies, publishers, and artists, blindly turn their back on their overseas fans thinking we're all pirates. Because for so many years that's all we've been to them, pirates. My goal with FAKKU is to change their perception of us and removing scanlations (and giving our users a way to support their favorite artists) is the next step."

Gangsta English text:

Damn, I don't give a fuck tha exact bout dis details mah dirty ass but I be a patron reader of FAKKU! eva since dis joint has started n' without knowin dat tha artists is strugglin so hard ta distribute tha works without they permission I felt kind of fucked up knowin dat these playas is taken fo' granted by some playas whom read they works n' distributed all dat shiznit over tha internet.

I KNOW they thang, therefore I respect tha decision of Jacob as da perved-out muthafucka holla'd; "This isn't a problem unique to hentai, it's an issue with the anime and manga industry at large and the reason why so many Japanese companies, publishers, and artists, blindly turn their back on their overseas fans thinking we're all pirates. Because for so many years that's all we've been to them, pirates. My goal with FAKKU is to change their perception of us and removing scanlations (and giving our users a way to support their favorite artists) is the next step."
While I can see you doing the right thing, the popularity of this sight will whither away. You're just one of many sites who publish Doujins and such. I'm glad you're taking a stand but I don't plan on continuing with this sight. Alot of people (me included) will just have to migrate somewhere else. Hope you can keep strong, doubt it, but keep trying.
Normal English text:

Why hate? Jacob is only doing the right thing as he is concerned about the Japanese artists whom struggling to release their works in the public for free, that's absurd. Nothing is free in this world and their labor isn't enough for them to live on if we continue to ruin their reputations as artists.

Gangsta English text:

Why hate, biatch? Jacob is only bustin tha right thang as he is concerned bout tha Japanese artists whom strugglin ta release they works up in tha hood fo' free, thatz absurd. Y'all KNOW dat shit, muthafucka! Nothang is free up in dis ghetto n' they labor aint enough fo' dem ta live on if we continue ta fuck up they reputations as artists.
Well, can't say I didn't see this coming with how much stuff was disappearing as of late, which means I am officially too poor to give a damn. It was a neato burrito 7 years, but honestly, there is not even enough content to consider paying for now should it ever become feasible, so whatever. Off to greener pastures I go.

Goodbye.
I have no cridetcard how can i read ???:@:@
I have no cridetcard how can i read ???:@:@
boltsandguns wrote...
ATF2009 wrote...
I'm cool with it. Just one thing: WHY were the scans removed from the favorites section? I mean you could've transferred it to a 'old favorites' section and made them inaccesible, hell I don't even care about the cover, even a list would've been fine. But now how am I to remember all the manga I've enjoyed so that I can buy it.

Use the export link in the upper right hand corner of your favorites page to get a file with your favorites list

Forum Image: http://cdn.meme.am/instances/500x/54589476.jpg
hgatedc wrote...
Fakku can always throw a DMCA. They'll probably do it if wani demands it.

In my view that would be a big mistake. Every fruitless minute Fakku spends on those people who will never buy anything is a minute they aren't spending on making this site better for actual customers. The DMCA doesn't even apply outside the USA. What do you think is going to happen when someone sets up a server in the Ukraine and starts illegally hosting copies of these things? All a DMCA notice will do is give them a laugh. Give up on chasing that piracy boogeyman. To paraphrase George Bernard Shaw...Trying to stop piracy is like wrestling a pig. "Never wrestle with pigs. You both get dirty and the pig likes it."