[Locked] FAKKU State of the Union 2016

You know, I can accept all this, removing free material to build up a pay site. It's been done before, and it makes total economic sense. What I can't accept, what really bothers me, is the holier than thou message. The people running the site saying that they're doing this "for the artists" so more material comes to the US. It's not for the artists, it's for the money. Own up to it Fakku, it's for the money. Nothing wrong with that, it's a solid business approach, just don't say otherwise.
Kasaix wrote...
You know, I can accept all this, removing free material to build up a pay site. It's been done before, and it makes total economic sense. What I can't accept, what really bothers me, is the holier than thou message. The people running the site saying that they're doing this "for the artists" so more material comes to the US. It's not for the artists, it's for the money. Own up to it Fakku, it's for the money. Nothing wrong with that, it's a solid business approach, just don't say otherwise.

agreed if they're going to do this at least admit it was for the money, and in the process of doing it they made three scanalation groups disband, one of which was translating doujin that wasn't even distributed by Wani so now those artist aren't getting "exposure". the worst part is now Fakku is part of Japan's fucked up business model which isn't consumer friendly at all and honestly just as bad as companies like Comcast EA, Ubisoft.
the hilarious thing about this is the irony now that Fakku is "legit", its being pirated which if I got all of the digital versions from the store would be $120 USD and if I wanted physical copies that would be around the $300 USD range.
Aznable wrote...
Kasaix wrote...

agreed if they're going to do this at least admit it was for the money, and in the process of doing it they made three scanalation groups disband, one of which was translating doujin that wasn't even distributed by Wani so now those artist aren't getting "exposure". the worst part is now Fakku is part of Japan's fucked up business model which isn't consumer friendly at all and honestly just as bad as companies like Comcast EA, Ubisoft.
the hilarious thing about this is the irony now that Fakku is "legit", its being pirated which if I got all of the digital versions from the store would be $120 USD and if I wanted physical copies that would be around the $300 USD range.

I got physical copies of all the books released up to this point and paid a little over 170 dollars.
Amazon sold every book at one point for 12-14 dollars and free shipping. If i try to look the at the older books via my purchase history it shows up as a non existing product so looks like Amazon is not supplying the older books anymore but just the new ones. I personally don't care for the digital stuff.
draigg836 wrote...
]
I got physical copies of all the books released up to this point and paid a little over 170 dollars.
Amazon sold every book at one point for 12-14 dollars and free shipping. If i try to look the at the older books via my purchase history it shows up as a non existing product so looks like Amazon is not supplying the older books anymore but just the new ones. I personally don't care for the digital stuff.

go to the store here I took a calculator to all of it for physical copies it costs up to 350, (if you round up the .05 cents because it just makes counting easier)
Aznable wrote...
draigg836 wrote...
]

go to the store here I took a calculator to all of it for physical copies it costs up to 350, (if you round up the .05 cents because it just makes counting easier)

Yeah but the store also links to different distributors, they are formally making it available from not just the Fakku store. The same said cheaper alternatives.
draigg836 wrote...

Yeah but the store also links to different distributors, they are formally making it available from not just the Fakku store. The same said cheaper alternatives.

ahh did not know.
Kasaix wrote...

I think if it was just for the money they'd have tried a paywall a lot sooner. To my knowledge they never tried to charge for content before that, only after entering into a contract with Wani, which they did after they received takedown notices.

It's obvious that it was a passion project for a long time, and now that Jacob has a chance to turn it into a business so he could focus all his efforts on it, he took it. If I'm not mistaken that was his long time goal originally. Before he would have been in school or working elsewhere to earn a living, and this a side project.

So yes money is a part of it of course, but you're pushing a greedy angle that I don't think is there. He would not have run the site for so long without charging and paying the bills with ads, donations, personal money otherwise.
I understand this, but after a long time I revisited fakku and I think this is an end of an era, in 3 month I would be interested in the number of active users.

For users who dislike this, just use google and you will better alternatives if you want... (like me, and I started to search for it when they started to change fakku...)

EDIT: After reading this:
https://www.fakku.net/forums/feedback-suggestions-and-support/choosing-not-to-continue-past-jan-dec-trial-subscription#4565675

Don't know but this sounds somewhat fake.
You born from pirated stuff, enjoyed it, got sooo many users, and now you want to take a 180 degree turnaround, and say'in fakku is now the founder of legality.

TL;DR : As I said this is only my 2 cent, For those who dislike it will go away and thats all.
Bladesaber Vanilla Enthusiast
sblat wrote...
I understand this, but after a long time I revisited fakku and I think this is an end of an era, in 3 month I would be interested in the number of active users.

For users who dislike this, just use google and you will better alternatives if you want... (like me, and I started to search for it when they started to change fakku...)

https://www.fakku.net/forums/feedback-suggestions-and-support/choosing-not-to-continue-past-jan-dec-trial-subscription#4565675

You born from pirated stuff, enjoyed it, got sooo many users, and now you want to take a 180 degree turnaround, and say'in fakku is now the founder of legality.

TL;DR : As I said this is only my 2 cent, For those who dislike it will go away and thats all.

I don't think it's Jacob being fake or saying they're the founders of legality, though they may very well be, I've never actually looked around to see what sites offer legal direct-from-japan hentai that is uncensored. From what jacob has stated (and there is evidence to believe this has been a long term thought-process of his), he wanted to be able to support artists all along. He couldn't due to whatever reasons (lack of knowing people in the industry, no connections, no financial ability, I don't know) but now he can and he has. And will continue to do so as long as it is possible.
Bladesaber wrote...
sblat wrote...

I don't think it's Jacob being fake or saying they're the founders of legality, though they may very well be, I've never actually looked around to see what sites offer legal direct-from-japan hentai that is uncensored. From what jacob has stated (and there is evidence to believe this has been a long term thought-process of his), he wanted to be able to support artists all along. He couldn't due to whatever reasons (lack of knowing people in the industry, no connections, no financial ability, I don't know) but now he can and he has. And will continue to do so as long as it is possible.

Basically when this whole changing started back in (2014 ??), I started to use pururin (I can write it down, now it's dead so it doesn't matter) and found it really good compare to fakku (had some stuff which I coudn't find on fakku)-->So basically for me pant.su gone, fakku gone, pururin is gone. Only h***** left. (I know fakku not supporting pirated stuff so censored the half of the name...)

PS: e***** is not an option for me, somehow I dislike it.
Also note when I started to use fakku I was a student , now working getting payment, but still it is weird to pay for this :/ (by the way maybe more payment option other than $? for others)
Why would they have a different payment for non dollar payment? Still would be the same price and fee increase. Fakku's bank and transaction processer will still charge to exchange euro or loonies into greenbacks.
I thoroughly enjoyed this site but now that all the content I was able to view is now gone I won't be back here again. I think it was a bad decision and one that you will probably end up regretting. It's a shame that this has happened and that nothing can be viewed without having to fork up a bunch of money.
animefreak_usa wrote...
Why would they have a different payment for non dollar payment? Still would be the same price and fee increase. Fakku's bank and transaction processer will still charge to exchange euro or loonies into greenbacks.

1 dollar = 287 huf
1 euro = 311 huf
1 pln = 69.74 huf

1 dollar = 4.1 pln

So if I pay 9 dollar I should pay 36.9 pln

and 36.9 pln is 2573 Huf for me
while 9 dollar is 2790 Huf.

So basically while I'm paying 9 dollar in pln I pay 10 dollar in $. thats why.
Dashiell DirtyDeedsDunDirtCheap
sblat wrote...
animefreak_usa wrote...

1 dollar = 287 huf
1 euro = 311 huf
1 pln = 69.74 huf

1 dollar = 4.1 pln

So if I pay 9 dollar I should pay 36.9 pln

and 36.9 pln is 2573 Huf for me
while 9 dollar is 2790 Huf.

So basically while I'm paying 9 dollar in pln I pay 10 dollar in $. thats why.

Bank charged me whole 40gr, terrible loss indeed. >.>
Forum Image: http://i.imgur.com/x6q1mXC.jpg
sblat wrote...
animefreak_usa wrote...

because for me for example 37 pln< 9 dollar < 9 euro

Also 6.3 gbp = 9 dollar, but not for my currency.
In LoL for example thats why I paid with the polish currency, it was the cheapest...

not every1 pays with $ or euro you know...

That's not the problem. Your bank converts your payment to dollars automatically. Even if it didn't your payment would be whatever currency you have into dollars. You would be paying the same price if your paying in any currency into fakku's bank which is dollars except you have to pay more since it has to convert polish money into dollars. Fakku doesn't have a polish bank account so you or the site has to pay the money exchange fee. For your idea to work Jacob has to have 10 bank account over the world.

You sending your payment in pln adds a fee you have to pay. Fakku having to convert polish money into dollar then fakku has to pay and raise the price. I doubt jacob will have a bank for every nation that fakku would sell in. I don't even think he would even open an account for eurozone payments only. That the only way to not have the currency fee problem.

Every one has to pay your bank to convert a to b. 50cents for every transaction to japan every time.
animefreak_usa wrote...
sblat wrote...
animefreak_usa wrote...

because for me for example 37 pln< 9 dollar < 9 euro

Also 6.3 gbp = 9 dollar, but not for my currency.
In LoL for example thats why I paid with the polish currency, it was the cheapest...

not every1 pays with $ or euro you know...

That's not the problem. Your bank converts your payment to dollars automatically. Even if it didn't your payment would be whatever currency you have into dollars. You would be paying the same price if your paying in any currency into fakku's bank which is dollars except you have to pay more since it has to convert polish money into dollars. Fakku doesn't have a polish bank account so you or the site has to pay the money exchange fee. For your idea to work Jacob has to have 10 bank account over the world.

You sending your payment in pln adds a fee you have to pay. Fakku having to convert polish money into dollar then fakku has to pay and raise the price. I doubt jacob will have a bank for every nation that fakku would sell in. I don't even think he would even open an account for eurozone payments only. That the only way to not have the currency fee problem.

Every one has to pay your bank to convert a to b. 50cents for every transaction to japan every time.

I'm not from poland, so it wanted to be an example, just sayin it's not the same.
But okay end from here.
Kasaix wrote...

This-the hypocrisy is amazing-look at this quote:

Tsujoi wrote...
Please do not promote pirating the works we release.

So you pirate the work of others for a decade, but when YOU try and make money, it's suddenly a bad thing? You disgust me.

Kasaix wrote...
The hilarious thing about this is the irony now that Fakku is "legit", its being pirated which if I got all of the digital versions from the store would be $120 USD and if I wanted physical copies that would be around the $300 USD range.

Yeah, that's funny. =)

Bladesaber wrote...
And will continue to do so as long as it is possible.

You mean as long as it is profitable.
Likhos01 Monster Girl Lover
Secundum wrote...
Kasaix wrote...

This-the hypocrisy is amazing-look at this quote:

Tsujoi wrote...
Please do not promote pirating the works we release.

So you pirate the work of others for a decade, but when YOU try and make money, it's suddenly a bad thing? You disgust me.

Kasaix wrote...
The hilarious thing about this is the irony now that Fakku is "legit", its being pirated which if I got all of the digital versions from the store would be $120 USD and if I wanted physical copies that would be around the $300 USD range.

Yeah, that's funny. =)

Bladesaber wrote...
And will continue to do so as long as it is possible.

You mean as long as it is profitable.

I've never been a pile of crap with the ability to write before, how impressive.
You know, the constant holier than thou attitude with anyone disagreeing with the holiness that it the new Fakku gets shit on is getting really old.

In other news-here's some Fakku internet traffic: Forum Image: http://traffic.alexa.com/graph?w=700&h=371&o=f&c=1&y=t&b=ffffff&n=666666&r=3m&u=fakku.net&
boltsandguns Electroshock TheRapist
Secundum wrote...
You know, the constant holier than thou attitude with anyone disagreeing with the holiness that it the new Fakku gets shit on is getting really old.

In other news-here's some Fakku internet traffic: Forum Image: http://traffic.alexa.com/graph?w=700&h=371&o=f&c=1&y=t&b=ffffff&n=666666&r=3m&u=fakku.net&

If you want to make a point with stats, you might want to pick accurate ones that matter. Global rank doesn't really mean much.