[Locked] FAKKU State of the Union 2016

Drifter995 wrote...
Dread151 wrote...
Does anyone here have visitor statistics for fakku?

Checking Alexa for every other month for the continuous drop in rankings is getting kind of boring.

Is there a website similar to Alexa that shows something else?

Monthly Checklist
No free stuff (check)
Extremely defensive and bigoted forum users (check)
Receive electron rep (check)
Make Fakku a Federal "alternative" prescription for universal healthcare in the U.S. when Bernie wins (?)

Well, not that alexa will tell you anything :^)

As for your monthly check list:
No trial content yet*
Extremely defensive, angry and bigoted forum users who don't want to spend money*
Electron rep given to irrational and illogical people*
:^)

Trial content? Isn't the subscription trial counted as trial content? 1 trial month every year? :D

Shouldn't have to spend money to blow a load. Symptoms described above are of people who can't blow said loads because of a paywall.
Defensiveness on your part is probably because you're jaded since you see the opposing view all the time by a lot of people who aren't as informed as you are here.

What's irrational? Masturbating is a cheaper and safer alternative to pharmaceuticals.
Drifter995 Neko//Night
Dread151 wrote...
Drifter995 wrote...
Dread151 wrote...

Checking Alexa for every other month for the continuous drop in rankings is getting kind of boring.

Monthly Checklist
No free stuff (check)
Make Fakku a Federal "alternative" prescription for universal healthcare in the U.S. when Bernie wins (?)

No trial content yet*
Extremely defensive, angry and bigoted forum users who don't want to spend money*

Trial content? Isn't the subscription trial counted as trial content? 1 trial month every year? :D

Shouldn't have to spend money to blow a load. Symptoms described above are of people who can't blow said loads because of a paywall.
Defensiveness on your part is probably because you're jaded since you see the opposing view all the time by a lot of people who aren't as informed as you are here.

What's irrational? Masturbating is a cheaper and safer alternative to pharmaceuticals.

Trial content as in content released briefly to people who don't have a subscription. That is on its way.

Nobody is saying you have to, there's thousands of other sites with free to access pirated works that don't help the artists, but this site is paid, and directly funds the artists to keep them going.
If anybody can't blow loads because of a paywall, they have a lot more issues than a paywall. Namely being absolutely woeful at google fu.
I'm not jaded, I just know what is happening, and why, so I defend it. Literally every person who has commented negatively has no idea why or what is happening. Despite being posted openly about 20 times. They whinge about not being told things, or about it being a secret illuminati scheme to charge people for masturbation, when it's not even remotely close to that.

Masturbation is not even remotely a good alternative to meds if you have an issue requiring meds. Irrational is getting upset over something you don't know anything about other than the face value, and not searching for answers, and just blatantly sending insults without any knowledge on the subject
Drifter995 wrote...
Dread151 wrote...
Drifter995 wrote...
Dread151 wrote...

Monthly Checklist
No free stuff (check)

No trial content yet*

Trial content as in content released briefly to people who don't have a subscription. That is on its way.

Nobody is saying you have to, there's thousands of other sites with free to access pirated works that don't help the artists, but this site is paid, and directly funds the artists to keep them going.
If anybody can't blow loads because of a paywall, they have a lot more issues than a paywall. Namely being absolutely woeful at google fu.
I'm not jaded, I just know what is happening, and why, so I defend it. Literally every person who has commented negatively has no idea why or what is happening. Despite being posted openly about 20 times. They whinge about not being told things, or about it being a secret illuminati scheme to charge people for masturbation, when it's not even remotely close to that.

Masturbation is not even remotely a good alternative to meds if you have an issue requiring meds. Irrational is getting upset over something you don't know anything about other than the face value, and not searching for answers, and just blatantly sending insults without any knowledge on the subject

I personally hope they don't do a rotation of free manga just to keep them behind a paywall as a way to of introducing free content, i mean at a certain point old content isn't really gonna be visited anymore and isn't gonna make money i feel like its unfair to keep really old work as sub only since that basically means an artist can just make one thing and be paid for it forever and never work on anything again obviously that won't happen but still making some of the manga on here free after a certain amount of time has passed would work best.

To be fair pirated content in the U.S. doesn't affect Japan sales since there is no market here and there is no way to directly support most artists there. The site doesn't directly support all artists and the money fakku pays would be barely anything to those that are working through the publishers but the artists there make enough through their own market.
animefreak_usa Child of Samael
RozenLetter wrote...

To be fair pirated content in the U.S. doesn't affect Japan sales since there is no market here and there is no way to directly support most artists there. The site doesn't directly support all artists and the money fakku pays would be barely anything to those that are working through the publishers but the artists there make enough through their own market.

Me, @likhos01-649926 , @Kisuka , and a few other would disagree since we do support the original artist in japan by buying the japanese tanks and /or doujinshi. The japanese stores and amazon sells stuff overseas with very little effort and second hand market. Mandarake ships without proxy and paypal if you live in a most of the us/eu.
Drifter995 Neko//Night
animefreak_usa wrote...
RozenLetter wrote...

Me, @likhos01-649926 , @Kisuka , and a few other would disagree since we do support the original artist in japan by buying the japanese tanks and /or doujinshi. The japanese stores and amazon sells stuff overseas with very little effort and second hand market. Mandarake ships without proxy and paypal if you live in a most of the us/eu.

There is also j-list that sells a fair amount of h-manga and the likes to the west
animefreak_usa Child of Samael
Drifter995 wrote...
animefreak_usa wrote...
RozenLetter wrote...

There is also j-list that sells a fair amount of h-manga and the likes to the west

Double shipping cost make them the last resort.
Drifter995 Neko//Night
animefreak_usa wrote...
Drifter995 wrote...
animefreak_usa wrote...
RozenLetter wrote...

Double shipping cost make them the last resort.

It's actually $2 cheaper for me on cheapest. Although $10 more for priority mail
RozenLetter wrote...

...there is no market here...

You were saying?
Spoiler:
Forum Image: http://i.imgur.com/XnWc101.jpg

(I forgot a small stack of about 30 doujinshi in the image above)
Kisuka wrote...
RozenLetter wrote...

You were saying?
Spoiler:

Let me be more clear there is no market here that actively supports artists in Japan to make a living wage and there will never be one as large as the one in Japan nor will there ever be one here that can.
RozenLetter wrote...
Kisuka wrote...
RozenLetter wrote...

You were saying?
Spoiler:

Let me be more clear there is no market here that actively supports artists in Japan to make a living wage and there will never be one as large as the one in Japan nor will there ever be one here that can.

Except you know, that FAKKU thing.
Kisuka wrote...
RozenLetter wrote...
Kisuka wrote...
RozenLetter wrote...

You were saying?
Spoiler:

... you guys don't make the content here and you will never be as big as japan like ever. The amount you gain right now is less than negligible compared to any active market in japan.
RozenLetter wrote...
Kisuka wrote...
RozenLetter wrote...
Kisuka wrote...
RozenLetter wrote...

You were saying?
Spoiler:

... you guys don't make the content here and you will never be as big as japan like ever. The amount you gain right now is less than negligible compared to any active market in japan.

Umm... actually we do make the content here. We are the official license holder for overseas. Our artists/editors get the files from Japan / from the original artists. We clean up the pages. We re-draw sound effects and sometimes parts of things because of how it was originally done. We do the translations. We do the typesetting. We do the encoding. The uploading. We create the files for printing. We send the books to the printers. They print them. We get the final copies of the books. We ship them to the customer. The artists in Japan get a cut of the profits / licensing fees.

So yeah, we do make the content here.
Kisuka wrote...
RozenLetter wrote...
Kisuka wrote...
RozenLetter wrote...
Kisuka wrote...
RozenLetter wrote...

You were saying?
Spoiler:

Umm... actually we do make the content here. We are the official license holder for overseas. Our artists/editors get the files from Japan / from the original artists. We clean up the pages. We re-draw sound effects and sometimes parts of things because of how it was originally done. We do the translations. We do the typesetting. We do the encoding. The uploading. We create the files for printing. We send the books to the printers. They print them. We get the final copies of the books. We ship them to the customer. The artists in Japan get a cut of the profits / licensing fees.

So yeah, we do make the content here.

You know what i meant wasn't that you don't make the art in general and the story from mangas doesn't come from you either although you just mass produce them and advertise the content like any other business. You really don't make anything here since the source comes from somewhere else but that's fine since the goal isn't to be a site that produces content but instead allows for japanese artists to have a possible new source of income.
RozenLetter wrote...

1. Prove it. I already know you have no proof.
2. Are you going anywhere with this at all? FAKKU has no intention of quitting the publishing business.
3. Please don't waste people's time trying to make a moot point. Either you like what FAKKU does or you don't.
4. No matter how you spin this, piracy is unethical and FAKKU is one of very few organizations in the hentai space that actually gives back. Again, I don't see where you're going with this.
ChrisBRosado123 wrote...
RozenLetter wrote...

1. Prove it. I already know you have no proof.
2. Are you going anywhere with this at all? FAKKU has no intention of quitting the publishing business.
3. Please don't waste people's time trying to make a moot point. Either you like what FAKKU does or you don't.
4. No matter how you spin this, piracy is unethical and FAKKU is one of very few organizations in the hentai space that actually gives back. Again, I don't see where you're going with this.

Prove what exactly that there is no market here in which japan based artists can support themselves there isn't not yet anyway. There also isn't gonna be one as large as japan since you know that's where it comes from.

Its not really my intention to make fakku stop...

I like the idea of fakku but not its way of how its handled as a business

See this is what i hate don't turn fakku into some white knight organization it's just a site that sells you something its not stopping piracy. Piracy here may be unethical but it doesn't do anything since Japan doesn't sell us the content in the first place.
RozenLetter wrote...
Prove what exactly that there is no market here in which japan based artists can support themselves there isn't not yet anyway. There also isn't gonna be one as large as japan since you know that's where it comes from.

Its not really my intention to make fakku stop...

I like the idea of fakku but not its way of how its handled as a business

See this is what i hate don't turn fakku into some white knight organization it's just a site that sells you something its not stopping piracy. Piracy here may be unethical but it doesn't do anything since Japan doesn't sell us the content in the first place.

1. You said the market will never grow that large. There is no way you can possibly back this claim. You can't just say whatever you want and call it a fact.

2. You ignored my question. I don't understand what it is you're trying to say in all of this. Or do you not have any objective?

3. ??? White knight organization? I don't even know how you got that out of my post. Yes they're just selling me something, since when was I being unrealistic about that? Since when did I say anything about stopping piracy?

I appreciate the fact that this site does legitimate business, therefore I am expressing that. Why are you making me out to be some blind zombie because I like something?

Are you implying that we should just pirate whatever we want as long as there's no direct consequence? Are you trying to tell me that we should just consume whatever we want without caring where it comes from?
RozenLetter wrote...

...there is no market here in which japan based artists can support themselves...

Your statements are contradictory. People pirated doujinshi because there was no legitimate method of acquiring said content without scanlating it.

Doujinshi is huge in the western world. Most fans of anime have also read doujinshi, let's be honest here. The popularity of FAKKU and other doujinshi sites have, show there is a demand for this content.

That is the market.

To say a Japanese artist couldn't support themselves overseas is a bit silly. How are some western artists, such as Doxy, supporting themselves both here and in Japan? (Doxy sells doujinshi in Japan at comiket and has worked with a number of popular Japanese artists).

The reason why doujinshi (original works, not parody (other issues apply for that)) is not officially done on a large scale here like Japan is due to the fact that previously, there was no platform, or service, artists would trust to handle their content overseas. Or they just simply don't know how popular they are overseas (you'd be surprised how often I've hear "I had no idea ____ was so popular in the US!" from Japanese friends / business partners over the years).
Hanayome Ultimate Laziness
Kisuka wrote...
snip

I actually wonder how profitable the western market is.
I think a lot of people would've assumed it would've gone bad because people generally don't like paying for porn.
Hanayome wrote...
Kisuka wrote...
snip

I actually wonder how profitable the western market is.
I think a lot of people would've assumed it would've gone bad because people generally don't like paying for porn.

People do pay for porn. Porn would not be as large an industry if they did not. In terms of like, western artists producing art for money, I can tell you it's VERY profitable. Take the furry fandom for example. A popular furry artist can make up to $300 ~ $500 per commission, which is typically 18+ art work.

I feel the vast majority of people online have disillusioned themselves into thinking that absolutely no one with an internet connection pays for porn.

People pay for what they love / have a passion for.

People that are passionate about anime, typically will buy merchandise and DVDs/BDs.

People that are passionate about figures will buy figures.

People that are passionate about gaming buy games.

People that are passionate about a particular artist or an art form will pay for that art.

To assume just because there's so much porn online available for free automatically means no one pays for porn is a very seriously false accusation.
Kisuka wrote...
RozenLetter wrote...

...there is no market here in which japan based artists can support themselves...

Your statements are contradictory. People pirated doujinshi because there was no legitimate method of acquiring said content without scanlating it.

Doujinshi is huge in the western world. Most fans of anime have also read doujinshi, let's be honest here. The popularity of FAKKU and other doujinshi sites have, show there is a demand for this content.

That is the market.

To say a Japanese artist couldn't support themselves overseas is a bit silly. How are some western artists, such as Doxy, supporting themselves both here and in Japan? (Doxy sells doujinshi in Japan at comiket and has worked with a number of popular Japanese artists).

The reason why doujinshi (original works, not parody (other issues apply for that)) is not officially done on a large scale here like Japan is due to the fact that previously, there was no platform, or service, artists would trust to handle their content overseas. Or they just simply don't know how popular they are overseas (you'd be surprised how often I've hear "I had no idea ____ was so popular in the US!" from Japanese friends / business partners over the years).

Doxy lived in the states where he grew his fandom from MLP stuff from the states... and he's in japan on a visitors visa i believe so of course he can support himself he has the support from years of work. Can you say the same for 50% of other artists they can't really do that.