FAKKU Books

Pages 12345NextLast
Now that pre-orders have started for our first book I figure it's time to talk about how we got here and how FAKKU Books came to exist. Back in April we received a DMCA takedown notice from Wanimagazine, the largest ero manga publisher in the world. They requested we remove thousands of uploads from the site or face significant legal repercussions. As a fan of the many artists and magazines published by Wani we thanked them for noticing us and complied immediately. But on the inside I thought to myself, shit. That’s it. FAKKU is done for.

But rather than sulk we came up with an idea, what if we found a way to work with them rather than try to hide? Why do we have to be fans in the shadows. Why can’t we be legitimate along with everyone else? Why isn't this content available to us? After refining these ideas we pitched them to the publishers in Japan and the result was better than we could have ever imagined. We are now going to publish Wani’s entire catalog; Gunma, Homunculus, Hisasi, Napata, meme50, isao, Bosshi, and so many other talented artists. Available legally worldwide. Uncensored. DRM free. Digital. Paperback. Magazines. All of it. As fans it is everything we could have possibly wanted.

As a community we have scanlated and fansubbed in order to fill the hole that these companies left when they chose to ignore us. Because of our hard work things are starting to change. They are listening to us. No longer is piracy our only option. No longer are we forced to look in the shittiest corners of the Internet to find anime worth watching or manga worth reading. We should celebrate our victories, because that’s what they are. And now with FAKKU we have the opportunity to bring over hentai in ways that have never been seen before. I honestly believe there is a market for high quality hentai manga outside of Japan, and so far the pre-order numbers for Renai Sample have proved it. We’re putting together a talented team of people to work on these releases from scratch and I know the results will impress everyone.

All that said, as a community we still have a lot of work to do. Fansubbing and scanlating are not ready to disappear. Scanlating and fansubbing exist not because we want to be pirates, but because we've had no other choice. There are too many good artists and too many good shows that would never be seen without our hard work. For now we still have a responsibility to make sure it continues, but hopefully one day we won't have to. Until then keep scanlating, keep fansubbing, and keep making this one of the best communities to be a part of.

I couldn't be more proud of where we are with FAKKU and how much we have grown. These companies now consider us a part of their audience, but more importantly they recognize us as their fans. At FAKKU we have a lot of exciting things planned and there will no doubt be some big changes made in the future. As we go through this transition I hope you stick with us, because the end result is going to be incredible.
That's spectacular news! From the darkness into the light huh? Can't wait to get my very first tankobon XD
honestly truthfully I'm shocked this happened... I mean there for the longest time we had to wait for some company to give us a very inferior product. with edits censoring and damn near whole plot rewrites for whatever reason...

Maybe they are finally understanding that Anime can be marketed to people other than kids. (Still 4kids i don't approve)

So maybe, just maybe, this will open the doors for people outside of Japan to get the manga/anime we want.
Here, here!

This outcome is just fantastic to say the least!

It's amazing anime/manga companies didn't realize just how in demand their products were until now.

CONGRATS AGAIN ON MAKING FAKKU LEGIT!

(Just so you know, if you need another translator, I am still interested.)
Spoiler:
Jacob wrote...
Now that pre-orders have started for our first book I figure it's time to talk about how we got here and how FAKKU Books came to exist. Back in April we received a DMCA takedown notice from Wanimagazine, the largest ero manga publisher in the world. They requested we remove thousands of uploads from the site or face significant legal repercussions. As a fan of the many artists and magazines published by Wani we thanked them for noticing us and complied immediately. But on the inside I thought to myself, shit. That’s it. FAKKU is done for.

But rather than sulk we came up with an idea, what if we found a way to work with them rather than try to hide? Why do we have to be fans in the shadows. Why can’t we be legitimate along with everyone else? Why isn't this content available to us? I refined these ideas and pitched them to the publishers in Japan and the result was better than I could have ever imagined. We are now going to publish Wani’s entire catalog; Gunma, Homunculus, Hisasi, Napata, meme50, isao, Bosshi, and so many other talented artists. Available legally worldwide. Uncensored. DRM free. Digital. Paperback. Magazines. Everything. As fans it is everything we could have possibly wanted.

As a community we have scanlated and fansubbed in order to fill the hole that these companies left when they chose to ignore us. Because of our hard work things are starting to change. They are listening to us. No longer is piracy our only option. No longer are we forced to look in the shittiest corners of the Internet to find anime worth watching or manga worth reading. We should celebrate our victories, because that’s what they are. And now with FAKKU we have the opportunity to bring over hentai in ways that have never been seen before. I honestly believe there is a market for high quality hentai manga outside of Japan, and so far the pre-order numbers for Renai Sample have proved it. We’re putting together a talented team of people to work on these releases from scratch and I know the results will impress everyone.

All that said, as a community we still have a lot of work to do. Fansubbing and scanlating are not ready to disappear. Scanlating and fansubbing exist not because we want to be pirates, but because we've had no other choice. There are too many good artists and too many good shows that would never be seen without our hard work. For now we still have a responsibility to make sure it continues, but hopefully one day we won't have to. Until then, keep scanlating. Keep fansubbing. Keep making this one of the best communities to be a part of.

I couldn't be more proud of where we are with FAKKU and how much we have all grown. These companies now consider us a part of their audience, but more importantly, they recognize us as their fans. At FAKKU we have a lot of exciting things planned and there will no doubt be big changes made in the future. As we go through this transition I hope you stick with us, because the end result is going to be incredible.

Hopefully they dumped a crap-ton of funds on your lap, considering that you originally created a distribution stream to most widely known/spread language.

Then them finding you and contacting you to remove content (which is their legal right, but they shoudl see that their demographic shouldn't be limited by language) and you find a method of globalising their business, increasing their market base and in the end their bottomline.

Yeah, something tells me you should have a swimming pool full of cash.

Now if movie companies followed this method.
For more than probably 6 years i have been a fairly regular visitor on this awesome site, never much for the forums since i tent to stick to myself. But i never would imagined that it would lead to official releases. Well done and congratulations!
Now looking immensely forward to the pre order of Renai sample :D
Jacob...that sounded so ADULT and business-y. Like, press release content right up there. I'm digging seeing this side of you as well.
AssasinZAssasin Not Hentai Protagonist
Simply Amazing.

This could apply to so many things, why do we have to keep taking it and hiding our tails? Because you took the first step, we've all taken a first step to stop hiding and come out from the "Darkness", eh?

Great job. I'm really glad to be part of this community and I would love to see it grow and thrive as the years go by.

And, well, of course also getting my hands on some great books available!
As exhilarating news as this may be, I have to ask, does this mean that contents that are not available in specific countries will be permanently locked out of our reach? :C
chaoder バカ
Great news! I'd found Fakku many years ago, and checked it out almost daily up to today. Hope that everything goes well from here on out! I have made a preorder to support. :)
Looking good!

But you don't plan to go on Bookdepository?

Because a 20USD shipping fee a "bit" too expensive. Bu i want to buy those books...
best day ever!!!1!!
I'm happy to see a real distribution agreement, but what if we just want digital copies? Can we pay by bitcoin?
This is great news, although some content is still unavailable to me sometimes... Eh, no matter, I still have all my vanilla to look forward too, as well a nice, nice uncencored version of renai simple! (Homunculus rules!)
Thank you so much for all the stuff that you have given us by making this site, and here's to a even more white walled tomorrow! *raises metaphorical glass*
WitnessX Starship Captain
When is Renai Sample expected to ship?
So, will NaPaTa's, Homunculus, meme5o's and Hisasi's work still be available for us to read on Fakku?
Just want to ask how to order if coming from philippines and has no paypal account?
Jacob,

As I'm sure you know, many of us here at Fakku keep coming back thanks to one major element that is harder to find than the most obscure doujinshi - the community.

How will you keep the community alive while providing the same services offered before the DCMA takedown notice? (Read: Homonculus, Napata, meme50)

Will there be a monthly fee, a one-time payment, or will we be forced to order this all physically? (Which means no community)

Thanks for all your hard work with maintaining the site, and for fighting the legal battle to come out with a win-win situation for us and Wani.
Holoofyoistu The Messenger
Im happy where fakku is going.
Yamato The Tactician
Hi I'm looking to pre-order but before I decide I have a few questions. Can the book be downloaded to an IPhone? May I also ask what it will ship in? Either way I'm planning on buying all the releases that fit into my interests. The ability to be able to buy physical copy's of these is amazing 😄
Pages 12345NextLast