FAKKU Books

Pages Prev12345Next
It is really a very good thing if these companies can't put their time or money to invest in translating these amazing works for those who can't read Japanese, I can't even express how much excitement I have knowing that these companies will not see us as pirates but as a legitimate partners for distributing works. Kudos and good job to not only Jacob, the translators and uploaders, but to also everyone else who anticipate these doujin/works!
Hopefully the companies that make animated hentai in Japan are paying attention to this. People will pay good money for uncensored hentai!
guammastermind671 Da RL Lurker at FAKKU
now if we can only replicate this in manga...
FoolyDooly Bought With Mastercard
Hopefully this shuts up lot of people who BSes about how Fakku is the one sending DMCA.
Cinia Pacifica Ojou-sama Writer
WildFour wrote...
As exhilarating news as this may be, I have to ask, does this mean that contents that are not available in specific countries will be permanently locked out of our reach? :C

Yes. Contents Wani asked for take-downs will no longer be available here unless you buy them from Fakku now.

You can always use Google to find them; they'll probably be available... somewhere.
So what happens to content that was DMCA'd (Either from FAKKU or other websites) but won't be released through FAKKU books? Stuff like loli or more extreme works that were published through wani or affiliated artists. Is it just gone forever?
I saw '[Sticky] FAKKU Books' in my RSS feed and expected something else.
Needless to say I'm slightly disappointed.
FoolyDooly wrote...
Hopefully this shuts up lot of people who BSes about how Fakku is the one sending DMCA.

Folks will still try to find a scapegoat.
Gravity cat the adequately amused
FoolyDooly wrote...

Sadly enough it won't, because not everyone reads things. And others won't believe it.
Jacob wrote...
Spoiler:
Now that pre-orders have started for our first book I figure it's time to talk about how we got here and how FAKKU Books came to exist. Back in April we received a DMCA takedown notice from Wanimagazine, the largest ero manga publisher in the world. They requested we remove thousands of uploads from the site or face significant legal repercussions. As a fan of the many artists and magazines published by Wani we thanked them for noticing us and complied immediately. But on the inside I thought to myself, shit. That’s it. FAKKU is done for.

But rather than sulk we came up with an idea, what if we found a way to work with them rather than try to hide? Why do we have to be fans in the shadows. Why can’t we be legitimate along with everyone else? Why isn't this content available to us? After refining these ideas we pitched them to the publishers in Japan and the result was better than we could have ever imagined. We are now going to publish Wani’s entire catalog; Gunma, Homunculus, Hisasi, Napata, meme50, isao, Bosshi, and so many other talented artists. Available legally worldwide. Uncensored. DRM free. Digital. Paperback. Magazines. All of it. As fans it is everything we could have possibly wanted.

As a community we have scanlated and fansubbed in order to fill the hole that these companies left when they chose to ignore us. Because of our hard work things are starting to change. They are listening to us. No longer is piracy our only option. No longer are we forced to look in the shittiest corners of the Internet to find anime worth watching or manga worth reading. We should celebrate our victories, because that’s what they are. And now with FAKKU we have the opportunity to bring over hentai in ways that have never been seen before. I honestly believe there is a market for high quality hentai manga outside of Japan, and so far the pre-order numbers for Renai Sample have proved it. We’re putting together a talented team of people to work on these releases from scratch and I know the results will impress everyone.

All that said, as a community we still have a lot of work to do. Fansubbing and scanlating are not ready to disappear. Scanlating and fansubbing exist not because we want to be pirates, but because we've had no other choice. There are too many good artists and too many good shows that would never be seen without our hard work. For now we still have a responsibility to make sure it continues, but hopefully one day we won't have to. Until then, keep scanlating. Keep fansubbing. Keep making this one of the best communities to be a part of.

I couldn't be more proud of where we are with FAKKU and how much we have grown. These companies now consider us a part of their audience, but more importantly, they recognize us as their fans. At FAKKU we have a lot of exciting things planned and there will no doubt be some big changes made in the future. As we go through this transition I hope you stick with us, because the end result is going to be incredible.

Amen brother.

Working for the FAKKU team is definitely a dream come true for me. I'm a huge pervert. Always have been. Always will be. The fact that I have been given the opportunity to work on this team and create English translated hentai for the community I have loved and been a part of for so long is the greatest feeling. I couldn't be happier or more proud that I am a part of this.

I am giving my all to make sure these books are what I want. But what that means is basically I am a huge fan, and as a fan, I am making these books look and feel how I think fans would want them. I want all of you to want our books, but for that to happen I have to want to own our books. I want you, the community, to buy our books not just because they are good artists or because it's the only printed version, but because we created something that you see and say, "Wow, that looks really good!" Or, "Look at the color work in this! I can't believe they did that! These pages look great!" This is what I'm striving for and envision when working on these books.

We have a great team of passionate people working for us. I couldn't be more pleased with the talented and hardworking group of people here at FAKKU Books. This is only the beginning for us and I am excited to bring even more releases to all of you. Having all this positive feedback makes everything worth it. I'm a fan doing this for my fellow fans and having your support is what we love.

Thank you all! And look forward for even more to come from us at FAKKU!

<3 Mike
Xenon FAKKU Writer
Mike wrote...
Spoiler:
Amen brother.

Working for the FAKKU team is definitely a dream come true for me. I'm a huge pervert. Always have been. Always will be. The fact that I have been given the opportunity to work on this team and create English translated hentai for the community I have loved and been a part of for so long is the greatest feeling. I couldn't be happier or more proud that I am a part of this.

I am giving my all to make sure these books are what I want. But what that means is basically I am a huge fan, and as a fan, I am making these books look and feel how I think fans would want them. I want all of you to want our books, but for that to happen I have to want to own our books. I want you, the community, to buy our books not just because they are good artists or because it's the only printed version, but because we created something that you see and say, "Wow, that looks really good!" Or, "Look at the color work in this! I can't believe they did that! These pages look great!" This is what I'm striving for and envision when working on these books.

We have a great team of passionate people working for us. I couldn't be more pleased with the talented and hardworking group of people here at FAKKU Books. This is only the beginning for us and I am excited to bring even more releases to all of you. Having all this positive feedback makes everything worth it. I'm a fan doing this for my fellow fans and having your support is what we love.

<3 Mike

I think what you guys are doing is simply amazing, nearly revolutionary for the industry.

Who knows what fortunes we'll see come of this in the future? Besides from more released editions we can enjoy legally, think of the industry this can create in our world. We're making the move to becoming legitimate, being taken seriously as a community-base, not having to resort to lurking for this kind of content in the shadows.

I think it's a beautiful thing, and I'm a positive person, so I'm focusing on the good things to come out of this, and I am fascinated and excited.

Thank you for all the hard work of the FAKKU Books team in initiating this at FAKKU, but also thank you to all translators, editors, typesetters, and more who have done this for years to bring us to today.

May there be rewards to reap for us all.
blackice85 FAKKU! Gold
shadowhawk69 wrote...
Hopefully the companies that make animated hentai in Japan are paying attention to this. People will pay good money for uncensored hentai!

That would be a miracle if it ever happened.
If I ordered the digital version will it come immediately? And I know this is a shot in the foot but what about doujins that have copyrighted characters?
Unlike the rest of you I prefer grabbing this stuff for free and will continue to do so. Wani can go get bent over a e-peen.
Keep up the good work guys! I don't think I'll order a print anytime soon, but I'd definitely buy a digital copy of some works!
Brittany FAKKU Production Mngr
Spoiler:
Mike wrote...
Jacob wrote...
Spoiler:
Now that pre-orders have started for our first book I figure it's time to talk about how we got here and how FAKKU Books came to exist. Back in April we received a DMCA takedown notice from Wanimagazine, the largest ero manga publisher in the world. They requested we remove thousands of uploads from the site or face significant legal repercussions. As a fan of the many artists and magazines published by Wani we thanked them for noticing us and complied immediately. But on the inside I thought to myself, shit. That’s it. FAKKU is done for.

But rather than sulk we came up with an idea, what if we found a way to work with them rather than try to hide? Why do we have to be fans in the shadows. Why can’t we be legitimate along with everyone else? Why isn't this content available to us? After refining these ideas we pitched them to the publishers in Japan and the result was better than we could have ever imagined. We are now going to publish Wani’s entire catalog; Gunma, Homunculus, Hisasi, Napata, meme50, isao, Bosshi, and so many other talented artists. Available legally worldwide. Uncensored. DRM free. Digital. Paperback. Magazines. All of it. As fans it is everything we could have possibly wanted.

As a community we have scanlated and fansubbed in order to fill the hole that these companies left when they chose to ignore us. Because of our hard work things are starting to change. They are listening to us. No longer is piracy our only option. No longer are we forced to look in the shittiest corners of the Internet to find anime worth watching or manga worth reading. We should celebrate our victories, because that’s what they are. And now with FAKKU we have the opportunity to bring over hentai in ways that have never been seen before. I honestly believe there is a market for high quality hentai manga outside of Japan, and so far the pre-order numbers for Renai Sample have proved it. We’re putting together a talented team of people to work on these releases from scratch and I know the results will impress everyone.

All that said, as a community we still have a lot of work to do. Fansubbing and scanlating are not ready to disappear. Scanlating and fansubbing exist not because we want to be pirates, but because we've had no other choice. There are too many good artists and too many good shows that would never be seen without our hard work. For now we still have a responsibility to make sure it continues, but hopefully one day we won't have to. Until then, keep scanlating. Keep fansubbing. Keep making this one of the best communities to be a part of.

I couldn't be more proud of where we are with FAKKU and how much we have grown. These companies now consider us a part of their audience, but more importantly, they recognize us as their fans. At FAKKU we have a lot of exciting things planned and there will no doubt be some big changes made in the future. As we go through this transition I hope you stick with us, because the end result is going to be incredible.

Amen brother.

<3 Mike

Forum Image: https://i.imgur.com/OHbWV00.png
ElliotxClaris wrote...
I know this is a shot in the foot but what about doujins that have copyrighted characters?

That will never happen they'll be just asking for a lawsuit if they do that.
jandkas wrote...
In other words get ready to be broke, and fuck poor people because in the end money is all that matters.

Truth.avi
WitnessX Starship Captain
Corrrosive wrote...
Jacob,

As I'm sure you know, many of us here at Fakku keep coming back thanks to one major element that is harder to find than the most obscure doujinshi - the community.

How will you keep the community alive while providing the same services offered before the DCMA takedown notice? (Read: Homonculus, Napata, meme50)

Will there be a monthly fee, a one-time payment, or will we be forced to order this all physically? (Which means no community)

Thanks for all your hard work with maintaining the site, and for fighting the legal battle to come out with a win-win situation for us and Wani.

Was wondering this too. The doujinshi by Homunculus can't be licensed. So what's the deal with them?
Yes, you guys have this massive potential. What is important now is that it's done in the right way, so far so good though.

Won't you guys add other payment methods? Paypal and Bitcoin is not great for everyone. And looking at those two it gives the vibe that you are still working in a "grey" area, rather than a legal and licensed one. I personally like to see Google wallet as another alternative.
Pages Prev12345Next