FAKKU Books

Pages Prev12345Next
This is a good first step and I really hope that in a few years we can finally get our hands on uncensored hentai anime!
Does that mean the ones that had Dmca take down will be put back up?! If so YES!! Btw congrats with working with Wanimagazine!! Can't wait to see what you guys have in store for the community!
Hip hip hooray!

I am seriously reassured my Jacob's post because it highlights my own personal feelings on the matter of scanlating & fansubbing. I am glad that Fakku is under the management and leadership of such insightful persons.

Scanlating/fansubbing happen because, as a community, we care, not necessarily because we are pirates. There needs to be legal pathways for international fans and publishers need to recognize that. Ultimately, fansubbing & scanlating need to disappear, but now is not the right time. But hopefully soon?
We live in good times.
man!, this is great!.
so, does this mean that fakku will get the rights to publish hentai mangas of their publishers in the future?
also are mujin comics and wani magazine different publishers?
legendofzeroone wrote...
Hip hip hooray!

I am seriously reassured my Jacob's post because it highlights my own personal feelings on the matter of scanlating & fansubbing. I am glad that Fakku is under the management and leadership of such insightful persons.

Scanlating/fansubbing happen because, as a community, we care, not necessarily because we are pirates. There needs to be legal pathways for international fans and publishers need to recognize that. Ultimately, fansubbing & scanlating need to disappear, but now is not the right time. But hopefully soon?

Scanlation has some of the most skillful people you can think of, there's still many way below but some at the same level or above those working here both in terms of sheer scanlating skills and also simple hentai basic knowledge. That notwithstanding, the amount of hentai covered by the collective effort of all these people amounts to probably less than 0.5% of the entire hentai offer available on the internet, which is several times more than anime, and probably non-h manga too. You being able to purchase Renai Sample is like someone giving you back a hair from the leg you just got amputated, that's how much you lost in comparison. It's a good thing to at least have something back, but don't expect this to be easy, because it's not, hentai has a lot more variables to be dealt with and a much different way of catering compared to non-hentai. Before Fakku Books has even started to scratch the surface you'll have probably grown out of anime and manga altogether.

also are mujin comics and wani magazine different publishers?

Different.
Xillia Full Time Waifu.
Fakku can honestly go up from here, best luck to you Jacob and Staff!

I wish I ordered Renai Sample though. . .
Hi fives all around!
When will this be shipped out?
on https://store.fakku.net/renai-sample it says it is available on September 2014
while on https://store.fakku.net/promo/renai-sample/order it says it is available on October 2014

some clarification would be helpful.
Congratulations! I just made my pre-order yesterday and I can't wait to see what's more to come out of this partnership. Just wondering, when is the release date for Renai Sample? I kind of want to get to the mailbox before some other people, if you get what I mean.
booie3 wrote...
on https://store.fakku.net/renai-sample it says it is available on September 2014
while on https://store.fakku.net/promo/renai-sample/order it says it is available on October 2014

The digital version is going to be released in September while the physical version will be in early October. At least that's what I heard.
nothing935 wrote...
booie3 wrote...

The digital version is going to be released in September while the physical version will be in early October. At least that's what I heard.

Ok that sounds good to me. I am moving mid September so I just need to be sure I will be sending it to where I will actually be.
This is kind of overdue, since the whole shitstorm on 4chan already happened mainly due to misunderstandings as to why stuff on Sadpanda were taken down.

Still, good to know why this stuff is going on, and I'm looking forward to purchasing physical copies of my favorite books.

Fingers crossed next book is a Shindol one.
yummines wrote...
This is kind of overdue, since the whole shitstorm on 4chan already happened mainly due to misunderstandings as to why stuff on Sadpanda were taken down.

There is no misunderstanding, only an assumption. The first DMCA wave was soft, barely noticeable, the second one came at a later date and was brutal. Whether that happened because they took their time to decide what to do or because someone laid the smackdown, nobody knows for sure.

He's not even halfway done with his first Wani tank and there's several (3+) months in between each magazine entry of his. I'd say you might be waiting at least until late 2015 to even see his first Wani book out in Japan.
Paracelsus wrote...
yummines wrote...

There is no misunderstanding, only an assumption. The first DMCA wave was soft, barely noticeable, the second one came at a later date and was brutal. Whether that happened because they took their time to decide what to do or because someone laid the smackdown, nobody knows for sure.

He's not even halfway done with his first Wani tank and there's several (3+) months in between each magazine entry of his. I'd say you might be waiting at least until late 2015 to even see his first Wani book out in Japan.

Hmm, that would explain why Shindol books are still up even though he was listed as a Wani artist. I'm guessing the other tanks he did were with a different company?
yummines wrote...
Paracelsus wrote...
yummines wrote...

Hmm, that would explain why Shindol books are still up even though he was listed as a Wani artist. I'm guessing the other tanks he did were with a different company?

His main publisher was Mujin Comics, though he released a few works under a different flag like Core Magazine.
[Sticky] FAKKU Books eh?
I totally see what you did there jacob ;)
It's nice to be able to support artists you like without having to break the bank importing their work.

However, it's awfully hard to provide exposure to the relatively unknown Wani artists when Wani Magazine makes it difficult and unrewarding to scanlate any of their work.
So yeah...who else just went thru the fakku's store and thought "huh tomorrows payday"?
congrats this is great news :)
Pages Prev12345Next