[Locked] Fakku

Does Fakku Have a Strong Sense of Community?

Total Votes : 72
Damoz ~Not A User~
Tobbebobbe wrote...
Weak.

If people learned to behave, I think the community feeling would become a lot stronger.

Just because you're an otaku doesn't mean you have to call everyone around "fag" or other words.

Nope. We just hate idiots, that is all~

If people in general were more intelligent the community would be better, but we can't have everything~
Cormac wrote...

Fakku's most important function for me was introducing me to all those cool people I would like to think of as friends.
That's it. Period. So, in the end, I guess I found a community inside a community.

Nigga we've been bros since before Skype. <3
artcellrox wrote...
NeoStriker wrote...
No one here cares about each other.

Ha! And again, HA! You obviously made little to no friends around here, Neil.

That is such a sad excuse for a response. So quick to dismiss the point of the post, then you use his name in italics like it means something? This is Antw0n's bro lists all over again. You guys keep kidding yourselves.

Antw0n wrote...
NeoStriker wrote...
GracefulDiscension. wrote...
Yo bro I'ma let you finish but I think the best sense of a fakku community nowadays is our skype groups.

And how many people in those skype groups are active?

20+ at least

There are many, many Skype groups, and they certainly are more intimate and interesting than pretty much anything posted here nowadays.

Yoshii wrote...
No, Fakku has never had a strong sense of community in itself but within the different forums and sub-forums.
Everyone at CTFG is pretty nice to eachother, since it is "CHAT TOPIC" you do talk quite a lot with people there and I myself know a few people from Fakku that I talk to atleast daily.

Fakku itself has no real sense of community, but as said the different forums and users do.
I am therefore going to agree with Cormac and Waar.

CTFG is, for the most part, an incredibly insular community. Those chat and roleplay threads foster this weird kind of idealism which is totally out of step with the real world. Some of the people who live in there are just fantastically insecure; we've seen it countless times when they or their 'friend groups' pop into IB to defend each other. At least when chat threads were in IB, those communities melded; anyone who couldn't take an insult on the chin didn't stick around. I think it's improved slightly though. Someone should do a case study on that place, it's fascinating.
Looks like Fakku is more of a family than a community, for you guys.
doswillrule wrote...
There are many, many Skype groups, and they certainly are more intimate and interesting than pretty much anything posted here nowadays.

Yoshii wrote...
No, Fakku has never had a strong sense of community in itself but within the different forums and sub-forums.
Everyone at CTFG is pretty nice to eachother, since it is "CHAT TOPIC" you do talk quite a lot with people there and I myself know a few people from Fakku that I talk to atleast daily.

Fakku itself has no real sense of community, but as said the different forums and users do.
I am therefore going to agree with Cormac and Waar.

CTFG is, for the most part, an incredibly insular community. Those chat and roleplay threads foster this weird kind of idealism which is totally out of step with the real world. Some of the people who live in there are just fantastically insecure; we've seen it countless times when they or their 'friend groups' pop into IB to defend each other. At least when chat threads were in IB, those communities melded; anyone who couldn't take an insult on the chin didn't stick around. I think it's improved slightly though. Someone should do a case study on that place, it's fascinating.

1) Tony's group is pretty quiet atm.
2) Yeah, CTFG has been a bit weird but I think it has improved.
Fallan Kamen Rider Cheeki
Yoshii wrote...

2) Yeah, CTFG has been a bit weird but I think it has improved.

It's still weird.
Damoz wrote...
Tobbebobbe wrote...
Weak.

If people learned to behave, I think the community feeling would become a lot stronger.

Just because you're an otaku doesn't mean you have to call everyone around "fag" or other words.

If people in general were more intelligent the community would be better, but we can't have everything~

So, how do you define an "idiot"?
Tobbebobbe wrote...
Damoz wrote...
Tobbebobbe wrote...
Weak.

Anyone taking this thread seriously.
Tobbebobbe wrote...
Damoz wrote...
Tobbebobbe wrote...
Weak.

A person that can't search something on the internet when it's in their face.
A person that can't spell. I'm especially anal about grammar now that I had to study for my Language Arts Final. I'm fine with an occasional mistake from using a touch screen, but people really need to type better. I can barely understand most people.

As for a sense of community, an ideal one would be helping a person with their question, people not being a constant douche. Do I have a strong sense? No not really. But then again I'm pretty quiet. Although my friend did compare me to Kagami from Lucky★ and I realized that was pretty damn accurate of a description...whatever thats OT. You can make good friends online, but have you ever met someone who you talk online more than in real life? It's freaking awkward. It's almost like xbox live. You meet horribly annoying people, you meet okay people that are good team players, and sometimes you actually make friends and talk.
GoodDay wrote...
Cormac wrote...

Fakku's most important function for me was introducing me to all those cool people I would like to think of as friends.
That's it. Period. So, in the end, I guess I found a community inside a community.

Nigga we've been bros since before Skype. <3

Awww yeah son. We should play some Reague together. <3
Damoz wrote...
Tobbebobbe wrote...
Weak.

This.

If someone is going to be a moron and not understand at least the basic rules and a bunch of other things I can't be bothered to list because I don't care enough to type them out as this is IB, then of course they are going to be detached from any sort of subtle 'community' that may exist.
Honestly, I couldn't care less about the community then I already do.
can I empty quote you Long?

@ topic

In any case, I don't really pay much attention bout the community here. I just post, chat a while, then do life.
animefreak_usa Child of Samael
winter55 wrote...

I win.
animefreak_usa wrote...
ha... fgt
This post is making me think about actually using the skype account i got some time ago, since that is apparently where all the cool kids are

And yeah, a lot of older people have left. I am guilty of taking sort of a break from Fakku due to school and then laziness, but i started to miss this place so i decided to get active again. And while it may not be the same, i still enjoy it

Edit-Fuck it, got a skype. Same name as here
Waar wrote...
How can I oppress you? This site isn't your right. This isn't a government body. You aren't a citizen of Fakku. I sell a product, you are my target consumer. You're unsatisfied with my product? Go find another one.

What exactly do you want? There has never been a real sense of "community", only through other means have real friendships flourished.

As always you're a bitter kid neo. Go outside or something.

And yet somehow you think this site is your right because you have a given internet position. You think you're better than us, you think you have more rights than us, because of a given internet position. We never chose you, we as a majority never wanted you in your position, and all those people have been ignored. That's what I mean when I say "oppression". Will you ever understand? Or do you already do, and just don't accept it?

Who still remembers this? https://www.fakku.net/viewtopic.php?t=4922

We don't have nice things like that anymore. There were a lot of people here that used to love Fakku, and we either just let them go, or they weren't allowed to be themselves. And the latter was usually due to Waar.
NeoStriker wrote...
Waar wrote...
How can I oppress you? This site isn't your right. This isn't a government body. You aren't a citizen of Fakku. I sell a product, you are my target consumer. You're unsatisfied with my product? Go find another one.

What exactly do you want? There has never been a real sense of "community", only through other means have real friendships flourished.

And yet somehow you think this site is your right because you have a given internet position. You think you're better than us, you think you have more rights than us, because of a given internet position. We never chose you, we as a majority never wanted you in your position, and all those people have been ignored. That's what I mean when I say "oppression". Will you ever understand? Or do you already do, and just don't accept it?

We don't have nice things like that anymore. There were a lot of people here that used to love Fakku, and we either just let them go, or they weren't allowed to be themselves. And the latter was usually due to Waar.

But the thing is the site isn't the people's, it's Jacobs. He chose Waar as a Global Mod because he thought he deserved it, you can't change the fact. You and a lot of people disliking Waar might change Jacobs opinion but so far it hasn't.

Don't say that he who has been given a position to do a job from the person that owns this site is wrong in his way, if he was then he wouldn't have Mod.
Yoshii wrote...
NeoStriker wrote...
Waar wrote...

But the thing is the site isn't the people's, it's Jacobs. He chose Waar as a Global Mod because he thought he deserved it, you can't change the fact. You and a lot of people disliking Waar might change Jacobs opinion but so far it hasn't.

Don't say that he who has been given a position to do a job from the person that owns this site is wrong in his way, if he was then he wouldn't have Mod.

Yea. That's right. This site isn't about the community anymore.
NeoStriker wrote...
Yea. That's right. This site isn't about the community anymore.

Jacob created the site for Hentai, the people created the community.
Waar is a global mod for the site, not the community.