FAKKU Writers' Lounge

Cinia Pacifica Ojou-sama Writer
Nothing really. Summer can be so boring.
xninebreaker wrote...
Anyone up to anything interesting this summer?

Summer classes
I've literally got nothing to do until Fall semester starts. My gf is staying on campus for summer so I can't even "do" her! Yeah! Puns!
Cinia Pacifica wrote...

Nothing more dull than you my dear gentleman.
mibuchiha Fakku Elder
xninebreaker wrote...
Anyone up to anything interesting this summer?

Graduation struggles, new job hunt, part 17.
Shikinokami wrote...
Cinia Pacifica wrote...

Nothing more dull than you my dear gentleman.

Forum Image: http://puu.sh/ieQcZ/e821d791c3.png

The shitposting is real. Fuck off.
xninebreaker FAKKU Writer
mibuchiha wrote...

Sounds busy. Also, part 17 hype!

d(^_^)(^_^)d wrote...
Summer classes

I always felt like summer classes drained too much of my energy. I took them for 2 summers, but gave up on them after that. Good luck!

crazr wrote...
I've literally got nothing to do until Fall semester starts. My gf is staying on campus for summer so I can't even "do" her! Yeah! Puns!

Well...at least more time to write?!
xninebreaker wrote...
d(^_^)(^_^)d wrote...
Summer classes

I always felt like summer classes drained too much of my energy. I took them for 2 summers, but gave up on them after that. Good luck!

I only signed up for two, but this is my first time taking summer classes period so we'll see how this goes.
xninebreaker wrote...
crazr wrote...

Well...at least more time to write?!

Hopefully. I got a new lemon story already up and going. It's kind of connected to the previous one. Hopefully this writing craze of mine isn't just another one of my "binge writing" episodes. I'm pretty sure it isn't cuz those only last a week.
mibuchiha Fakku Elder
xninebreaker wrote...
mibuchiha wrote...

Sounds busy. Also, part 17 hype!

Don't get me started on the graduation struggles, I have a lot to bitch about.

The new job hunt goes relatively fine.

While part 17 goes slow but smooth. As usual hehehe.

EDIT:

Guys, know any more arcane form of the word blessing? I wanna use it for those that pass the Trials; Earth's Blessing etc.
mibuchiha wrote...

EDIT:

Guys, know any more arcane form of the word blessing? I wanna use it for those that pass the Trials; Earth's Blessing etc.

Gift? Condolence? Support? Approval? I'm sure there are a ton more.
mibuchiha Fakku Elder
Other than gift, none sounds suitable. And gift isnt arcane.

Maybe you need to read on to get the context.
mibuchiha wrote...
Other than gift, none sounds suitable. And gift isnt arcane.

Maybe you need to read on to get the context.

Dictionary.com gives me these: Dedication, Grace, Absolution, Benediction, Consecration.
mibuchiha Fakku Elder
Hmm...

Dedication is out. Ditto absolution. Benediction too.

Grace feels off, but I can't pin down why. And consecration, the meaning goes well I think, but holy damn that does sound friggin' arcane. Somehow it'd feel off, since the language of TSK is overall plain?

Wait, thinking more about the meaning, consecration is sorta off too. It feels a little too authoritarian, which isn't what I want to convey through the Trials. Grace suddenly feels like it'd fit better, but...

Earth's Grace vs. Earth's Blessing (and Fire etc)

Hard to decide which sounds better.

Edit: Besides, I'm not d! (or insert any other fancy Fakku Writers: Jerry, Xnine...) I live totally in the realm of plain men!
xninebreaker FAKKU Writer
mibuchiha wrote...
Besides, I'm not d! (or insert any other fancy Fakku Writers: Jerry, Xnine...) I live totally in the realm of plain men!

I'm far from fancy! I still claim normal status ahaha

mibuchiha wrote...

I don't know if it's arcane or not, but in the context, you could maybe use Earth's Essence. Protection, virtue, boon, blessing, and grace all sound okay to me as well. All of which are intended to say that they have some kind of protection or are imbued/enchanted by the Earth trial.

If you are looking for a word to show a mastery or an active control over whatever is gained, then you could use Earth's Authority. Prestige, dominion, power, and force all fall around that same idea.
mibuchiha Fakku Elder
Hmm. None really fits, they all seem too skewed one direction or the other to be adequately neutral. Except for essence, but that sounds rather gay...

Actually, yep, that gayness is probably what I'm looking for. Essence it is.
mibuchiha wrote...
Hmm...

Dedication is out. Ditto absolution. Benediction too.

Grace feels off, but I can't pin down why. And consecration, the meaning goes well I think, but holy damn that does sound friggin' arcane. Somehow it'd feel off, since the language of TSK is overall plain?

Wait, thinking more about the meaning, consecration is sorta off too. It feels a little too authoritarian, which isn't what I want to convey through the Trials. Grace suddenly feels like it'd fit better, but...

Earth's Grace vs. Earth's Blessing (and Fire etc)

Hard to decide which sounds better.

I like Earth's Grace. When I think of Earth magic, I think of earthquakes and things involving huge, cumbersome boulders, so using a word like grace is going against that expectation. When I hear it, I'll instantly be intrigued.

Edit: Besides, I'm not d! (or insert any other fancy Fakku Writers: Jerry, Xnine...) I live totally in the realm of plain men!

You know, it makes it a lot harder to impress people when you say stuff like that.
mibuchiha Fakku Elder
d(^_^)(^_^)d wrote...
I like Earth's Grace. When I think of Earth magic, I think of earthquakes and things involving huge, cumbersome boulders, so using a word like grace is going against that expectation. When I hear it, I'll instantly be intrigued.

I think the place where the Trial is set already conveys the fact that it's not just earthquakes etc.

But your idea gave me another: what if I assign it individually for each? Earth's Grace, Flare's Wrath etc...

The downside? It's a huge pain. And in many cases, a lot gayer. Light's Shine? Eww.

d(^_^)(^_^)d wrote...
You know, it makes it a lot harder to impress people when you say stuff like that.

I definitely agree with you, however I value accessibility a lot. I like it when people follow this particular work for what it is and I think the plot is the central point here. If I write it more abstruse than it is (okay, not that I can) then it'll be nigh unreadable.

Plain language is therefore the best choice I can see.
I think Light's Radiance or Light's Luminescence would sound better. But what do I know, still don't understand since I haven't gotten that far. I read requests as slow as some people write them.
mibuchiha Fakku Elder
The main problem with both suggestions is that they're redundant. It's light, of course it's radiant. And things like that.

So coming up with different titles for all the Trials will be hard if I want to also keep them all... idk, fresh.

Here's the full list (may or may not be to order, I haven't decided). Not really a spoiler, I said in part 12 it's all elemental.

Earth
Wind
Water
Fire
Dark
Light
Thunder