FAKKU Writers' Lounge

mibuchiha wrote...
d(^_^)(^_^)d wrote...
I like Earth's Grace. When I think of Earth magic, I think of earthquakes and things involving huge, cumbersome boulders, so using a word like grace is going against that expectation. When I hear it, I'll instantly be intrigued.

I think the place where the Trial is set already conveys the fact that it's not just earthquakes etc.

But your idea gave me another: what if I assign it individually for each? Earth's Grace, Flare's Wrath etc...

The downside? It's a huge pain. And in many cases, a lot gayer. Light's Shine? Eww.

I thought you were going for individual names to begin with. I didn't know they were all going to be the element + Essence/whatever.

Edit:
I don't want to push you toward anything you don't want to do or sidetrack you from your vision of how this will work, but I kinda like coming up with stuff like this and I was bored, so I came up with some names, and I'm going to share them. I'm not trying to say in any way that this what you should do. Anyway, here's what I got:

Earth's Grace
Wind's Zeal
Water's Reserve
Fire's Solitary
Dark's Accord
Light's Wrath
Thunder's Void
mibuchiha Fakku Elder
Nope, you gave the idea of making it individual. I would like to, but my arsenal doesn't look like it contains seven non-redundant and still nice sounding words to do it individually.

So, I am accepting suggestions.
mibuchiha wrote...
Nope, you gave the idea of making it individual. I would like to, but my arsenal doesn't look like it contains seven non-redundant and still nice sounding words to do it individually.

So, I am accepting suggestions.

Rather than just think of random words that sound cool, what I did in my previous post was think of attributes that I thought might be interesting. For example, for wind, I came up with the idea of associating it with persistence, and then after looking around on dictionary.com, I decided to go with zeal.
mibuchiha Fakku Elder
Ah right. Why did I never thought of such a strategy before? The suggestions are nice enough too.

Alright, Earth and Wind, get. I'll be filling the blanks later on, but suggestions are always welcome.
Cinia Pacifica Ojou-sama Writer
So many entries around the deadline. I am proud. ;-;
Power to procrastinators!
xninebreaker FAKKU Writer
I knew I could count on people to flood in!
mibuchiha Fakku Elder
When will the decision be expected?
mibuchiha wrote...
When will the decision be expected?

That's really strange. I check the lounge almost daily and your post didn't show up until now.

Anyways, I think we should be done soon. Maybe several days.
I'm not the only one having problems with putting up new chapters, am I? It's really raining on my parade. Hahaha!
crazr wrote...
I'm not the only one having problems with putting up new chapters, am I? It's really raining on my parade. Hahaha!

I've had trouble in the past, but it's been a while since I've tried making any big posts.
d(^_^)(^_^)d wrote...
crazr wrote...

I've had trouble in the past, but it's been a while since I've tried making any big posts.

Actually a user and I just addressed the problem and placed a notification on the feedback section. Here it is in detail since I apparently am not the only one having problems with it.
mibuchiha Fakku Elder
Probably silly to ask but is the contest going to end anytime soon?
mibuchiha wrote...
Probably silly to ask but is the contest going to end anytime soon?

It's been a long time coming, but it's up now!
mibuchiha Fakku Elder
Finally!
It's been a while, but I finally finished the next Age of Anarchy story. And so the first thing I do is come on here to brag about it. Of course, I'm not ready to share it yet. It needs a loooooot of editing, and I suspect it will be long and painful, but it feels good to get the first draft done. If I remember correctly, the first thing I wrote for this was back near the beginning of last year before I had even finished Knife in the Dark.

Also, I'm halfway done with the next part of Strike. I hope to have that done in the near future as well. Maybe.
TheWaywardMoogle Wayward Pervert
hey good to see this thread is still active! haha its been what 3 years since i was here. how is everyone ^^
mibuchiha Fakku Elder
Still writing, still largely unread, still testing the patience of what little loyal readers I have...
Cinia Pacifica Ojou-sama Writer
TheWaywardMoogle wrote...
hey good to see this thread is still active! haha its been what 3 years since i was here. how is everyone ^^

Woah man, it's been ages.
TheWaywardMoogle Wayward Pervert
I got around to subbing to Fakku so i'm home for awhile ^_~ looking forward to talking to you guys about your stuff, my stuff, stuff stuff. idk just making friends again