DS vs. PSP

Voting for this poll has ended.

Which do you prefer a DS or a PSP?

Total Votes : 113
*cough* over 1000 games uploaded by main stream gamers for psp
oh and a plummer on shrooms is not childish unless you talk about anyone who prefers graphics over game play...(<>_<>)
wasred69 wrote...
oh and a plummer on shrooms is not childish unless you talk about anyone who prefers graphics over game play...(<>_<>)

Those are the ones im talking about, the "GTA-generation" if you will.
those people sux at gaming in general so their opinion is null and void
Spoiler:
KLoWn wrote...
David wrote...
Better graphics =/= Funnier Gameplay.

How does that even make any sense?

How does it not make any sense?
Or are you saying that if we take a shitty game and add better graphics to it it'll get better?
David wrote...
95% of the people that buy these consoles just wanna pop in a game and play, not start hacking stuff and shit.
That's why the DS outsells the PSP, it's gaming library is so much better and original.

That is 100% bs. Post a reliable source that proves that 95% of the people that buy consoles 'wanna pop in a game and not start hacking stuff and shit'. Specifically for hand held consoles.

Those are "bullshit" numbers that i pulled out of my ass, but the reason the DS outsells the PSP is still because of it's gaming library.
If people wanted to watch movies and shit on the buss, or whatever, they'd buy a PSP.
David wrote...
Childish =/= Not fun.
But yeah, it got alot of "childish" games, but as long as they're fun i'd take 'em over the PSP's Ps2 ports with horrible framrate anyday.

Horrible framerate? You're full of BS dude. Have you even used a PSP before?

Lawlz, stop sounding like i offended your mother or something.
Have you played Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories on the psp?
Played it on my m8's psp and when you get into face-off's with the cops in the middle of the city the framerate went down like a fuckin submarine.
David wrote...
That's why the DS outsells the PSP, it's gaming library is so much better and original.

Wait, there are a lot of 'childish' games on the DS, is this what you call better and original?

If they're inovative and fun why should it bother you that they're "childish"?
Mario is "childish" in the eyes of most mainstream gamers, and the Mario games >>> Most of the shit released, sure it's a matter of preferences, but no one in their right mind can say that it's a bad game (whichever you wanna go with)

In terms of original gameplay the DS walks all over the PSP, childish games or not.

I must say you were using the PSP-1000 for sure unless your friend didn't have anything more than a few MB in his memory stick. gg.

Pssh, have you seen the lag in Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings (its a RTS game too) when controlling a ton of units on the DS? It's even worse.

It didn't bother me one bit if a game is childish or not, I'm just referring to what you said in your past quote. Mario is not childish my eyes, the game is truly for everyone because growing up playing Mario you just can't abandon the franchise.

Graphics being an element in terms of gameplay, the PSP wins hands down. A console's specs only help increase the experience of a game because of it's capabilities and that's what the PSP has, the DS isn't anywhere near the PSP's hardware.

Oh and btw I'm not gonna elaborate anymore with you're ignorant ass because you blindly bash on the PSP without knowing so. then you'll say "post some quotes of me dissing the psp because i'm too slow to remember what i wrote in a thread".

Have fun posting 'facts' about the PSP because you happened to play it on your mate's PSP model 1000. I'll be here playing some DS games on my PSP, yes you read correctly, there's an emulator for that. It's not 100% but has enough to offer a DS game on the PSP. You're pathetic give it up.
David wrote...
Spoiler:
KLoWn wrote...
David wrote...
Better graphics =/= Funnier Gameplay.

How does that even make any sense?

How does it not make any sense?
Or are you saying that if we take a shitty game and add better graphics to it it'll get better?
David wrote...
95% of the people that buy these consoles just wanna pop in a game and play, not start hacking stuff and shit.

That is 100% bs. Post a reliable source that proves that 95% of the people that buy consoles 'wanna pop in a game and not start hacking stuff and shit'. Specifically for hand held consoles.

Those are "bullshit" numbers that i pulled out of my ass, but the reason the DS outsells the PSP is still because of it's gaming library.
If people wanted to watch movies and shit on the buss, or whatever, they'd buy a PSP.
David wrote...
Childish =/= Not fun.
But yeah, it got alot of "childish" games, but as long as they're fun i'd take 'em over the PSP's Ps2 ports with horrible framrate anyday.

Horrible framerate? You're full of BS dude. Have you even used a PSP before?

Lawlz, stop sounding like i offended your mother or something.
Have you played Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories on the psp?
Played it on my m8's psp and when you get into face-off's with the cops in the middle of the city the framerate went down like a fuckin submarine.
David wrote...

Wait, there are a lot of 'childish' games on the DS, is this what you call better and original?

If they're inovative and fun why should it bother you that they're "childish"?
Mario is "childish" in the eyes of most mainstream gamers, and the Mario games >>> Most of the shit released, sure it's a matter of preferences, but no one in their right mind can say that it's a bad game (whichever you wanna go with)

In terms of original gameplay the DS walks all over the PSP, childish games or not.

I must say you were using the PSP-1000 for sure unless your friend didn't have anything more than a few MB in his memory stick. gg.

Pssh, have you seen the lag in Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings (its a RTS game too) when controlling a ton of units on the DS? It's even worse.

It didn't bother me one bit if a game is childish or not, I'm just referring to what you said in your past quote. Mario is not childish my eyes, the game is truly for everyone because growing up playing Mario you just can't abandon the franchise.

Graphics being an element in terms of gameplay, the PSP wins hands down. A console's specs only help increase the experience of a game because of it's capabilities and that's what the PSP has, the DS isn't anywhere near the PSP's hardware.

Oh and btw I'm not gonna elaborate anymore with you're ignorant ass because you blindly bash on the PSP without knowing so. then you'll say "post some quotes of me dissing the psp because i'm too slow to remember what i wrote in a thread".

Have fun posting 'facts' about the PSP because you happened to play it on your mate's PSP model 1000. I'll be here playing some DS games on my PSP, yes you read correctly, there's an emulator for that. It's not 100% but has enough to offer a DS game on the PSP. You're pathetic give it up.

Well if you're not gonna "elaborate" with me anymore then let's end it here, can't have you hurting my E-feelings more than you already have :( lol
none. -_- GOOOO GBA!!! (and GBC)
epic fail for the win same for the N64 emulater not 100% but they are working on making it work better for the psp --- go super smash bros.
Taylor1320 wrote...
none. -_- GOOOO GBA!!! (and GBC)

I own an original brick, it's older than I am.
Forum Image: http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll196/Kais86/Gameboy.jpg
Mine doesn't look that bad though, still works too.
i own one to but there is no back lite
well I'd say wow for DS but after playing FF7 Crisis Core(original UMD) I'd say I love you PSP!!! and when I saw the Devil May Cry which is to be release not late 2009 I said I'm gonna be loving my PSP even more!!! well the reason why games lag in PSP is because it's in ISO or CSO(means your PSP is MOD) Try Playing games in "Original UMD" and see for yourself... I tried playing GTA(UMD) and its very smooth no slowness at all... try to support originals release for a change specially if the game you want to play has great graphics...
i choose DS for phoenix wright only :D
ishiroyuka wrote...
well I'd say wow for DS but after playing FF7 Crisis Core(original UMD) I'd say I love you PSP!!! and when I saw the Devil May Cry which is to be release not late 2009 I said I'm gonna be loving my PSP even more!!! well the reason why games lag in PSP is because it's in ISO or CSO(means your PSP is MOD) Try Playing games in "Original UMD" and see for yourself... I tried playing GTA(UMD) and its very smooth no slowness at all... try to support originals release for a change specially if the game you want to play has great graphics...

\The running smoother part is only half true, if u spend the time to download a 2MB application then iso and cso files would run smoother than disks.But Its still wise to buy the actual game once in a wwhile
wasred69 wrote...
ishiroyuka wrote...

\The running smoother part is only half true, if u spend the time to download a 2MB application then iso and cso files would run smoother than disks.But Its still wise to buy the actual game once in a wwhile

well that's true but do you expect to have a game with a size of 2mb only? the smallest size I've ever encountered was that of the twin-bee portable and harvest moon B&G and that's more than 100mb and I've played Harvest moon B&G in an ISO but it's a bit slow on loading specially when you change areas but playing ISO games is economical since you just have to download it and not pay the actual price of the game so it's good too it's just for people who want to play psp games with no hustle
ishiroyuka wrote...

I played both FF7 Crisis Core(UMD and ISO) and the ISO actually ran a whole lot smoother, the lag on the UMD was really pissing me off but i managed to deal with it
I played both FF7 Crisis Core(UMD and ISO) and the ISO actually ran a whole lot smoother, the lag on the UMD was really pissing me off but i managed to deal with it

maybe your psp's UMD mode was turn off it's in the psp registry basically coz your psp is running a firmware that is to save battery energy but the drawback is that your UMD driver becomes slower making UMD disc slow in loading
ishiroyuka wrote...

maybe your psp's UMD mode was turn off it's in the psp registry basically coz your psp is running a firmware that is to save battery energy but the drawback is that your UMD driver becomes slower making UMD disc slow in loading

actually it wasn't off i'd switched that a while ago, and my friends played the game on his PSP -no firmware- he's got the new 4 point whatever version, and he was getting lag too
spalose wrote...
ishiroyuka wrote...

actually it wasn't off i'd switched that a while ago, and my friends played the game on his PSP -no firmware- he's got the new 4 point whatever version, and he was getting lag too

I don't know what's wrong but I played it myself in my PSP slim type(I have 2 psp, bulky type which is MOD and a slim type which is not) and I didn't see any slowness at all
ds has pokemon. insta-win
Blurr wrote...
ds has legal pokemon. insta-win

FYP.
ishiroyuka wrote...
wasred69 wrote...
ishiroyuka wrote...

well that's true but do you expect to have a game with a size of 2mb only? the smallest size I've ever encountered was that of the twin-bee portable and harvest moon B&G and that's more than 100mb and I've played Harvest moon B&G in an ISO but it's a bit slow on loading specially when you change areas but playing ISO games is economical since you just have to download it and not pay the actual price of the game so it's good too it's just for people who want to play psp games with no hustle

The app is 2MB not the games the games can be any size =0