What is your favorite generation of Pokemon?

What is your favorite generation of Pokemon?

Total Votes : 2,867
Only game I ever owned on the GBA was Pokemon crystal and I still play it so...
Pokemon Gold/Silver is for me
The fact that the entire game is in 3-d impresses me so much that I have to like gen 5...even if we get an Ice Cream cone for a pokemon....
The Old school was defiantly better but hey that's just my opinion
Red version, hands down. Back then, the story was fresh, the formula was new. I even recall buying my copy with only nickels and dimes that I got as change from my lunch money! Everything was new and if you were like me and didn't have the player's guide, you had to struggle and learn what element was strong against what, which Pokemon were which types, and it made it that more memorable for me.

Now I look at the new ones, and while they're still fun, they just don't have that same feel to them like the Red and Blue versions did.

And on a side note, I hated Yellow, and I never liked God-damned Pikachu. EVER.
I say Ruby and Sapphire because that is when the games finally came out in color, but in general they are all good the same plot just different pokemon
I love them all but the first gen of Pokemon is the one I remember best (and it got me into Pokemon...like a lot of people)
I am all for Pokemon World version the never will be released but long hoped for version of Pokemon that will follow Red on his travels all over the ever growing world of pokemon as we all know only Red can be the very best. thumbs up if you want a complete version of pokemon one of these days where you can travel to at least 12 regions and become a true master of all pokemon
Truth be told I would say Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald generation since thats where my favorite Pokemon first appeared on, Latias.
RED/BLUE its the first game i played ever since i got a gameboy.. it also has missing number.. :D
zeroxnight wrote...
I am all for Pokemon World version the never will be released but long hoped for version of Pokemon that will follow Red on his travels all over the ever growing world of pokemon as we all know only Red can be the very best. thumbs up if you want a complete version of pokemon one of these days where you can travel to at least 12 regions and become a true master of all pokemon

Biggest surprise is no MMO version yet. If they'd released one in Pokemon's heyday they would have cleaned up. It'd be nice if they returned to Red one day, perhaps after the series goes 3D/3DS.
I have never played Pokemon...

Better stay as neutral...
I have played Pokemon and have watched how the generations have changed since i grew up playing and watching them...
Uh... yeah sorry that sounded kinda nerdy. I have not played Black/White but i really want to. The game hasn't arrived where i live yet (rage). However, I think the actual game mechanics and graphics of the games contribute to it's popularity. I think that Black/White have the overall best mechanics and graphics so far, but my favorite generation has always been the first, Red/Blue. RED&BLUE ALL THE WAY XD
I am a Pokemon whore. I've played pretty much every Pokemon game out there, including a metric ass-load of ROM hacks. I haven't finished black/white, or diamond, yet, though. My favorite Pokemon game as of yet, is a ROM hack called Ruby Destiny, its based on Pokemon Ruby, but has every Pokemon up to 4th gen. They story was very cool, and actually kept me playing the game, as opposed to the usual manic drive that comes the generally addicting nature of these games. It also showed me that 4th gen Pokemon design was ass.[size=12] [/h]
Gold and Silver. You got to go to other regions and face another 8 gym leaders. If was the most fun I've had with a pokemon game.
I'd hafta say Red/Blue for me because the way those pokemons just keep on increasing is
in my opinion
Spoiler:
I hate what they did to pokemon on the way it looked like (for me) they only made more and more unending series, new pokemons, unending legendaries, etc...to me it looked like they are just making more so they could keep up the series and make more money ...I mean Ash started I think 10 years old and until now I think he is still 10 even though the pokemon episodes are over 500 (thats more than a year), to me the new series aren't making much progress in the storyline anymore...wait I think I'm getting off topic....screw that I am sticking with the old generation
Never played it, Watched someone play it but I wasnt interested! (Not my thing)
the first pokemon tat ever came out is still the better den the newer versions of all the pokemon...
ive played all but the best is red and blue
Hmmm, werent Ruby/Sapphire just the color versions of Red/Blue? And dont forget Yellow too(was Red/Blue version that had pikachu follow you around in-game).

Anyone remember that virus pokemon that was put into the game by a programmer? You could catch it and if you did some sequence of things with it you could get something like infinite pokeballs(dont remember exactly what it was). If you tried to use it in a fight it would crash your game and corrupt your save data though.
ive been playing pokemon until now. but my most favorite is red, yellow and gold version! i love them , i raised them evolve dem in the most powerful one! catching legendary pokemon is a tough job! no cheating!

as of today, im playing emerald version! elite 4 hahaha im ready to fight u!