Anime Expo 2011

I wish that one of these convention comes to NYC.
nice :). I'll be at the artist alley, so I'll come swing by the Exhibition hall for a look 8D. Won't be able to make the panels though, since I'm living in hollywood and don't want to go home after night falls...since I'm a girl and I'll be alone, lol.
sweet! hope they post some pictures about Anime Expo 2011 in this site..
Weee! My first con, and I'll get to see Miku's first live NA concert! ^-^
See you all at the booth! I'd cosplay but I got my tickets on short notice. My friend couldn't go, so I got his tickets yesterday. Woot!
dragoncorp wrote...
I will wear my Hen-Tie shirt!

Haha same! Got one last year at the Fakku x Danny Choo meet.

Looking forward to this year!
Goodluck Sir Jacob xD
hope that ill be able to finish the project more faster..
I was trying to sequence a free-after-3 only experience, but apparently everything has a pass check, although I don't remember a pass-check for tabletop/arcade last year.

Nope, apparently no super-dutch option really. There goes 75.
Looky-tan Got Megane?
Futanari wrote...
I was trying to sequence a free-after-3 only experience, but apparently everything has a pass check, although I don't remember a pass-check for tabletop/arcade last year.

Well last year the arcade wasn't in a room remember. It was just stuck in what used to be just a area to rest in previous years, and I do remember last year them pass-checking for tabletop room.
Looking4Moar wrote...
Futanari wrote...

Well last year the arcade wasn't in a room remember. It was just stuck in what used to be just a area to rest in previous years, and I do remember last year them pass-checking for tabletop room.

It's in a room this year. I checked the forums and they basically swapped the pavilion for lines(?). Arcade might also be shit this year because apparently AI did a lot of the bacon-bringing, and now that AI is dead, probably going to be stiffed on a DDR X2 machine this year.

Sucks too. I wanted to feel cheap but guess you're not allowed to BRING YOUR OWN PRODUCT and SPEND QUARTERS without the prerequisite fee.
Looky-tan Got Megane?
Futanari wrote...
Looking4Moar wrote...
Futanari wrote...

It's in a room this year. I checked the forums and they basically swapped the pavilion for lines(?). Arcade might also be shit this year because apparently AI did a lot of the bacon-bringing, and now that AI is dead, probably going to be stiffed on a DDR X2 machine this year.

Sucks too. I wanted to feel cheap but guess you're not allowed to BRING YOUR OWN PRODUCT and SPEND QUARTERS without the prerequisite fee.

Ah, well yea, taking into account the financial situation AX is in, they wanna make sure everyone there has bought a pass so they get more money, also remember last year there almost wasn't an arcade, I am glad there's at least something instead of nothing.
Looking4Moar wrote...
Futanari wrote...
Looking4Moar wrote...
Futanari wrote...

Ah, well yea, taking into account the financial situation AX is in, they wanna make sure everyone there has bought a pass so they get more money, also remember last year there almost wasn't an arcade, I am glad there's at least something instead of nothing.

I would give them that if it weren't for the whole FreeAfter3 business they're doing for their 20 year anniversary. I want to bleed those guys dry for being nice.
Looky-tan Got Megane?
Futanari wrote...

I would give them that if it weren't for the whole FreeAfter3 business they're doing for their 20 year anniversary. I want to bleed those guys dry for being nice.

ah yea, I am still surprised about that whole thing, seeing as how they've never offered Exhibit Hall only passes ever. Perhaps are they doing this in reaction to AM2?
oh yeah I am going to go this year and more then a day
Yeah... I was wondering why the arcade was just in the middle of some auditorium lookin' area.
Media blasters, crunchyroll, and funimation!?!?

That much EVIL in one building..

It's a TRAP!!
vietxmikey wrote...
Looking4Moar wrote...
vietxmikey wrote...
Anyone know if the WHOLE convention is going to have wifi? I'm planning to constantly update my twitter with photos or live stream with my iPhone but I'm not sure my iPhone has the capability of streaming.

A quick look at the Anime Expo forums show that "no wifi unless you bring your own" lol

That sucks! :[ I was hoping to constantly update my twitter. Profound sadness.

ugh

what is it about convention centers and hotels being stingy about wifi during events?

and with AI closed, Round one needs to pick up the slack...
KawaiianPunch wrote...
vietxmikey wrote...
Looking4Moar wrote...
vietxmikey wrote...
Anyone know if the WHOLE convention is going to have wifi? I'm planning to constantly update my twitter with photos or live stream with my iPhone but I'm not sure my iPhone has the capability of streaming.

A quick look at the Anime Expo forums show that "no wifi unless you bring your own" lol

ugh

what is it about convention centers and hotels being stingy about wifi during events?

Yeah... You would think the whole convention would be wifi fest but it would definitely cost a lot of money, since everyone will be using it. That or get mediocre internet and not have the internet work at all due to excessive users. Hotels, apparently, Westin Bonaventure said free wifi but I read somewhere else that you have to pay $12.95 for a day's worth of wireless internet. The shit is that?
Aw damn, there is no panel on the 2nd? Oh well guess I'll just stop by the booth then. More time to spend with the maids~ c:
vietxmikey wrote...
KawaiianPunch wrote...
vietxmikey wrote...
Looking4Moar wrote...
vietxmikey wrote...

ugh

Yeah... You would think the whole convention would be wifi fest but it would definitely cost a lot of money, since everyone will be using it. That or get mediocre internet and not have the internet work at all due to excessive users. Hotels, apparently, Westin Bonaventure said free wifi but I read somewhere else that you have to pay $12.95 for a day's worth of wireless internet. The shit is that?

fanime kinda had something like that... it wasnt everywhere, but they did have free wifi available in lobbies. hotels had free wifi in their lobbies as well. oddly enough, the wifi in the hotel rooms had to be paid for. weird.
KawaiianPunch wrote...

fanime kinda had something like that... it wasnt everywhere, but they did have free wifi available in lobbies. hotels had free wifi in their lobbies as well. oddly enough, the wifi in the hotel rooms had to be paid for. weird.

Yeah, we had to pay for wifi at the hotel last year. -_-