[General] What anime got you into anime???

I stopped all anime-things when I was around 13 (Pokemon, Yugioh, Gundam Wing, the whole Toonami/Cartoon Network/Adult Swim setup), then got back into it with To aru kagaku no railgun....and now I'm here.
ToyManC Forgot my safe word
I first remember watching the old Force Five giant robot shows on TV after school, but the show that blew me away was Starblazers (or Space Battleship Yamato if you prefer). From there, it led me to Robotech. It wasn't until after I graduated from college that I got nostalgic and re-connected with my anime roots. Now, I have too many favorites to ever give justice to a list!
That would have to be Pokemon and Sailor Moon, although I only saw bits of the latter while getting ready for school in the morning. Oh and DBZ, that was the first series I watched when i realized that it was an anime and not a American cartoon
it was Shakugan no Shana for me.
i had of course watched the Dragon Ball series before that( i had also watched Shaman King)
but Shana was the anime tha i watched that made me watch more anime, and made me into the anime/manga lover i am today
I frequently watched Naruto and Pokemon, but they did not get me into Anime.
It was Sailor Moon. I hate to say it, but I watched 4 seasons of Sailor Moon.

Yeah.
I suppose like most people of my generation it was Dragon Ball Z or Pokemon that gave me my first exposure to anime.

That being said the first anime that I watched for anime's sake was Martian Sucessor Nadesico. Followed by NGE, hoboy.
:P
I was on vacation in the Phillipines and I saw an Ad on Animax that the second season of Hayate no Gotoku was about to air. The clip previewed was Hayate staring at Nagi's naked body in the shower.
DragonballZ, TenchiMuyo!, Fists of the North Star and StreetFighter II the animated movie.

With a couple of old school Hentai animes F3 and Urotsukidoji.
Lets see...of course DBZ. Lol but also Ronin Warriors if i spelled that right. With Gundum Wing with the movie Endless Waltz included. With Tenchu Muyo too and...Zoids. And I think that's it. Oh yeah and Cowboy Bebop.
DBZ, and I think Gundam Wing or something of the sort
Fist of the North Star!

See my 100 Cracked Fist of the North Star and know what fear is!!!
my first anime that i saw was DBZ but what gave me my passion was AKIRA
Trinity Blood got me into animes.
Pokemon, that was the shit when I was 6. I played the games, read a small bit of the manga, and then branched out into other things.
Naruto, sadly.

I watched kid animes like Pokemon, Digimon, ZOIDS, Medabots, DBZ, Yu-Gi-Oh, Beyblade, etc and while I knew they weren't American, I didn't know the exact term for anime mostly due to my young age. Naruto aired on Toonami and I was hooked. Since I was old enough and had internet access, I stumbled upon the world of anime and started from there with other big names like OP and Bleach. Now I'm a huge otaku. =P
I loved Dragon Ball Z when I was younger so when I got older I thought I might like Bleach because it seemed similar. Then it just snowballed.
Toradora and School Rumble.
Dragon Ball Z was my first, then Rurouni Kenshin portraying battles with swords, and I wanted more.
NEXUS Since 2010
Dragon ball was the first anime I can recall watching along with Sailor Moon and Escaflowne. DBZ was what really solidified my interest in anime though.
it wasnt an anime it was the game Naruto Ultimate ninja 2