Toonami

[color=blue][size=12][font=Courier New][/font][/h][/color]
I loved Toonami. I remember it well. If anything happens to it, like bringing it back. Then only good can be done. Even if its that horrible Tom with a face. *Shivers* God that thing was creepy. As long as they hire Steve Blum as TOM then, as the song goes, every little thing is gonna be alright.
It may have been trick or it may have been its true comeback, what ever it was, I loved it and so did everone who grow up with Toonami. I just hope it's really back.
Toonami is back, kind of on www(dot)toonami aftermath(dot)com/ (fix link)
They are considering whether to bring Toonami back or not. Considering from the viewing it had on April Fool's it proved to be a successful nostalgic TV program. Either way, you can pray Toonami will still be on the air, or enjoy that one day of Toonami nostalgia.
I wonder what kids nowadays watch. Toonami was just so great.
Adding onto my impromptu soapbox stand back on pg8 in this thread:
SHOULD ANY PERSON EVER FUCKING DARE MENTION THE FINAL EVOLUTION of TOM that CN mutilated and disfigured into a disneyCars deformed reject from hell, i will go postal and kill your entire fucking family. Do i make my self clear?
Just to be sure. Menntion or make any motion hinting or anything closly resembling a hint to this:
Forum Image: http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_rf0I5tjfXbg/SNXN_m0L6AI/AAAAAAAAAFo/i5xFZ8sWG2A/s400/1221933051983.jpg
...and i will murder you and your entire family.
Now i will resume my code of silence. Have a nice day.
Damn. I wish I had cable. That's not something a Toonami veteran like myself would wanna miss. I'll always remember being eager to get home from high school to watch the next new episode of Dragonball Z. And the day Goku went Super Saiyan for the first time and Toonami's lead up to it? That was amazing! I miss those days. xD

((Btw, this is the first post I've made on the forums in the 3 or so years I've been lurking here. xD EDIT: Hmm. I'm not sure why it says I have 151 posts up there. That's definitely wrong; this is the first one. Weird.))
I will never forget Toonami and everything it gave me. So much inspiration and motivation came from them. If it wasn't for them, then our world today would be the same I believe.
I forgot the last time i watched toonami... maybe when i was still a kid to be specific.
Toonami was the best thing SN ever aired.
Toonami was awesome.

Fakku needs more traps.
Zakair Paizuri connoisseur
It's official, kiddies. Toonami will be back on Adult Swim on April 7th, 2012 at 11:00.

Stay golden. Bang.
Wow, I remember seeing this on Toonami. Sure does take me back to the good ol' days. :) Thanks for posting this.
Zakair wrote...
It's official, kiddies. Toonami will be back on Adult Swim on April 7th, 2012 at 11:00.

Stay golden. Bang.

Source?

No seriously, I remember Steven Blum mentioning on his Facebook that a loud enough fan outcry could bring it back, and while, as someone who pretty much stayed up all night while simultaneously browsing 4chan, the [as] boards, reddit, and youtube can attest, there was quite an outcry, I still don't know if that was enough to bring it back for good.
[color=darkblue]I've been visiting this site for the H manga since late october 2009, and seriously wanting to get an account to join the awesome comunity here for two years...After tuning in to [AS] on Sunday, seeing this topic here finally gave me the motivation to get off my ass and do it!

Toonami was what originaly got me interested in Anime. Yu Yu Hakusho was the first Anime series I seriously followed, and from there I began to watch many other clasics like Rurouni Kenshin, Zoids, and continued to follow Toonami until the end when they switched to Sundays.

Seeing [AS]'s April Fools Day rebirth of Toonami (I tuned in for the opening sequence of Bleach, and wonder if I missed part of it) brought an instant reaction of "No way!...They brought it back?!....Awwwesome!!!". It took me about an hour to figure out that it was April Fools Day and that I had just fell for the best prank I've ever expeienced. I was totally psyched to get the chance to see, glimpses of series I'd only ever heard of(and in the case of Blue Sub#6 had not heard of), and old favorites that I haven't seen in years.

It brought back memories of good times of my child hood and teen years, and reminded me of just how many great things I miss which I've lost along the way.
All those memories left me intermitantly sad almost to the point of tears(and this is coming from someone who didn't cry when He learned His Grandma died the following Monday), and feeling like jumping for joy to have seen it again, for the next two days.

Between Toonami, the cancelling of [AS]'s week day Anime block, and AniMonday moving to Thursdays and disapearing, a part of me has gradually gone from pissed off to nervious about the future what Anime remains available on cable. Out of this nerviousness I've been archiving my favorite shows video tape for some time now, and was really pleased to be able to record everything after bleach (though if I had known that they would not repeat Bleach I'd have recorded it while I could) on S-VHS. I only could to afford to stay up until Big O ended so if not for my nervious habbit of taping everything that I do I'd have missed some of what I was most looking foreward to.

No mater how old I become I'll always love Toonami[/color]
I like to state that there is a neoToonami in the works. The first line up for shows has actually been posted. Some old favorites are returning, such as dragon ball. The april fool day prank was arranged by them to test how big the response to it would be. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qzaPdtvKRXQ This is the promo trailer for the Neo Toonami. According to the website they should start running 9 to midnight.
would be cool if it wasnt april fools T.T
Ahhh the good old days of coming home from a hard day of school and sitting back to watch some good ol anime.
Zakair Paizuri connoisseur
Lolicano wrote...
Zakair wrote...

Stay golden. Bang.

Source?

No seriously, I remember Steven Blum mentioning on his Facebook that a loud enough fan outcry could bring it back, and while, as someone who pretty much stayed up all night while simultaneously browsing 4chan, the [as] boards, reddit, and youtube can attest, there was quite an outcry, I still don't know if that was enough to bring it back for good.

Wikipedia. If you don't believe it, just tune in on the date to find out...

and a heads up, spitfire. That's a fan-made Toonami. The Toonami adult swim is going to debut is different, not to mention TOM's voice actor (can't remember the name) is going to reprise his role, instead of some fan with bad voice acting.
mantisprime1250 wrote...
[color=green]Yeah, I have no idea what any of those shows are[/color]