Most creepiest moment that ever happened?

Pages Prev123Next
20 hours of Amnesia. Creepiest shit ever.
I agree with the butler in tomb raider.
psbox362 wrote...
Andy 117 wrote...
Harakigora wrote...
Possibly Dead Space, at the very end of the game when your dead girlfriend attacked you.

WOAH WOAH WOAH! Spoiler alert, man!!

Game's been out for a couple of years. And the dead girlfriend thing is a major plot point in the second game. It's past the point of being a simple spoiler.

OT: I gotta go with that creepy-ass dentist from the begining of Bioshock.

Lots of things have been out for a couple of years and I still find it's proper etiquette to not assume it's public knowledge and spoiler it.
Andy 117 wrote...
psbox362 wrote...
Andy 117 wrote...
Harakigora wrote...
Possibly Dead Space, at the very end of the game when your dead girlfriend attacked you.

Game's been out for a couple of years. And the dead girlfriend thing is a major plot point in the second game. It's past the point of being a simple spoiler.

Lots of things have been out for a couple of years and I still find it's proper etiquette to not assume it's public knowledge and spoiler it.

It's not just that the game's been out for a while, it's also that the second game took the whole dead girlfriend thing and practically shoved in your face and down your throat from the get-go, not giving a fuck if you're new to the series or not. Hell, the main character starts off in an insane asylum at the begining of the second partially because of his girlfriend's death. Her death effectively ceased to be a spoiler by the time the second game released and it became much more common knowledge.
psbox362 wrote...
It's not just that the game's been out for a while, it's also that the second game took the whole dead girlfriend thing and practically shoved in your face and down your throat from the get-go, not giving a fuck if you're new to the series or not. Hell, the main character starts off in an insane asylum at the begining of the second partially because of his girlfriend's death. Her death effectively ceased to be a spoiler by the time the second game released and it became much more common knowledge.

I bought the first and second game at the exact same time and I didn't know about the dead girlfriend until you told me just now. Because no-one told me or posted it on forums because of how spoilerific it is.

I'm not saying it's not plastered all over the internet, it's just people tend to assume that people want to AVOID major plot points beforehand. I'm surprised you even bought up the second game's intro, as if someone would play the second game before the first game; or rather, someone wouldn't care about that being a spoiler, even if it is at the start. If I haven't played the first or second game, its being revealed in the intro doesn't make it any less of a major plot revelation.

I'm not trying to grate on you for it, but it is a spoiler
Spoiler:
and we have spoiler tags here
so I dunno. I thought it'd be common courtesy to just assume no-one else has played the games until you're told otherwise.
Spoiler:
Andy 117 wrote...
psbox362 wrote...

I bought the first and second game at the exact same time and I didn't know about the dead girlfriend until you told me just now. Because no-one told me or posted it on forums because of how spoilerific it is.

I'm not saying it's not plastered all over the internet, it's just people tend to assume that people want to AVOID major plot points beforehand. I'm surprised you even bought up the second game's intro, as if someone would play the second game before the first game; or rather, someone wouldn't care about that being a spoiler, even if it is at the start. If I haven't played the first or second game, its being revealed in the intro doesn't make it any less of a major plot revelation.

I'm not trying to grate on you for it, but it is a spoiler
Spoiler:
and we have spoiler tags here
so I dunno. I thought it'd be common courtesy to just assume no-one else has played the games until you're told otherwise.

First of all, I didn't spoil anything. I was just pointing that the continuity of a series tends to break down spoilers since later games usually bring up said spoilers in-context. Hell, there's a trailer of Dead Space 2 showing your dead girlfriend trying to stab a needle in your eye. The game's continuity (and advertisement) effectively reduced any surprise from plot twists/spoilers by marching forward with said spoilers held high overhead as if everyone has already seen them. And if they haven't, they sure as hell have now.

Now, don't get me wrong. Spoilers in self-contained stories tend to hold their surprise much better overtime. But this is because any plot twists/spoilers won't be exposed as the story continues in another game. Get what I'm saying?
fweh wrote...
The entirety of SCP-087B.

wait wait wait wait wait.

did that make a game of that?

-Google seach-

My. Dear. God.
BlinkXPoke Cards and Hugs abound
psbox362 wrote...
Andy 117 wrote...
Harakigora wrote...

Oh, that guy... Yeah, creepy creepy.

Also from Bioshock, it wasn't that scary in retrospect, but I remember freaking out after a corpse fell out of a locker I opened. I was trying to expect it, too. A long row of lockers, something strange must be hidden in one.
SeventySevenMillion wrote...
did that make a game of that?

Yeah, two actually. Really small games on the Unity engine. Really excellent and frightening though. They're both free but make sure you scan the files to make sure it's virus free, there's a lot of fakes circulating.
Half life - unforeseen consequences chapter
Pretty much any enemies in games that are invisible.

Fuck.
That.

I want to see what's coming at me and I want to kill it before it can touch me, not have it beat the shit out of me while I'm staring right at it.
NEXUS Since 2010
The fucking rain coat cult in dead rising. One fucker came out of no where and kamikaze stabbed me and I just about shit my pants!
Tachigami wrote...
Pretty much any enemies in games that are invisible.

Fuck.
That.

I want to see what's coming at me and I want to kill it before it can touch me, not have it beat the shit out of me while I'm staring right at it.

Halo 2... Invisible Flood...
Forum Image: https://www.fakku.net/image-404/images/975607-CA9F6B1.jpg

The whole game, play it by yourself at night with the lights off and you'll understand.
Maze992 wrote...
Spoiler:

The whole game, play it by yourself at night with the lights off and you'll understand.

Agreed i played in the middle of the night with surround sound and kept hearing whispers and movement behind me.
There was this one abandoned freighter in Mass Effect 1. Well... it SEEMED abandoned. Except for that one guy who was on life support. As you read the logs you realize why the man is on life support as well as the fate of the crew. And then, as you read the final log on the bridge...
Calus40 wrote...
Maze992 wrote...
Spoiler:

Agreed i played in the middle of the night with surround sound and kept hearing whispers and movement behind me.

You should join me in the fun again.
Spoiler:
GreenZero Get Jinxed
Pretty much all of Amesia.

Aliens vs Predator 2, playing as Marine. That fucking movement detector starts beeping.

Dino Crisis, there is a room with a dead scientist in it were one wall is just a big window, suddenly T-rex head pops in. Scared the crap outta me when l was a kid.

Much of Dead Space, but one time one of the little fuckers jumped out of a toilet and scared me a fuck load.
Encountering these f***ing things in Resident Evil 4 for the first time! *shivers*

Spoiler:
Forum Image:  http://projectumbrella.net/files/imagecache/preview/images/iron_maiden.jpg
Creepiest thing that happened to me in gaming was playing Cho-Aniki alone in my room with all the lights off

>3>
Although playing the Cthulu games are as creepy as fuck as well
Pages Prev123Next