Sai Paint tool

Pages Prev123
SeriousSAM wrote...
@ crimson, if you're still having problems as to what i mean
Spoiler:
Forum Image: https://www.fakku.net/image-404/images/1003855-RJS05EU.jpg

@tooge3, i cant help you. mostly i never tried that

mmm...when i click on the layer icon, the color doesnt appear, i have to click the luminous thing to make the color appear, idk for some reason the opacity thing doesnt help.....or em i doing it wrong?
what are you trying to do with the new layer and what are you doing to force yourself to need to use the luminous thing?

when a new layer is added it basically treated as tracing paper but for the color not to appear i dont know what youre doing wrong
Guys how do you get colors for your palette / swatches box? manually or is there an option to get ready made ones? import?

Forum Image: https://www.fakku.net/image-404/images/1026880-CU0PUEO.jpg

I'm tired picking colors in the color wheel >.
Juggle wrote...
Guys how do you get colors for your palette / swatches box? manually or is there an option to get ready made ones? import?

Forum Image: https://www.fakku.net/image-404/images/1026880-CU0PUEO.jpg

I'm tired picking colors in the color wheel >.<

its wasnt that complicated

1) activate the 'color picker'
2) pick the color you want on the color wheel or use the HSV slider
3) right click in the empty box and set
So I guess its the manual approach then .... thanks =)
how do i add background on SAI,
i mean, e.g. i made a lineart of a human and wanted to add some background on it, and the background i wanted is just google'd how do i merge this >_<?
crimson875 wrote...
i mean, e.g. i made a lineart of a human and wanted to add some background on it, and the background i wanted is just google'd how do i merge this >_<?

Hmm ... Open the background picture you want in a new layer ... create a new layer ( while lowering the opacity of the background layer ) when you finish with your lineart then change the opacity of the background layer to 100% and erase away that will overlap with your lineart ....

Or ....

create a new layer .... draw what you want then import picture into a new layer ( below the layer you've drawn .... then erase away anything that overlaps ....
Edit: I can't see any import so might as well open the background in a new canvas then copy paste it to the canvas you're working on ....

This are just some basic copy paste / erase procedures so if anyone has better ones then feel free to add XD
Juggle wrote...
crimson875 wrote...

Hmm ... Open the background picture you want in a new layer ... create a new layer ( while lowering the opacity of the background layer ) when you finish with your lineart then change the opacity of the background layer to 100% and erase away that will overlap with your lineart ....

Or ....

create a new layer .... draw what you want then import picture into a new layer ( below the layer you've drawn .... then erase away anything that overlaps ....
Edit: I can't see any import so might as well open the background in a new canvas then copy paste it to the canvas you're working on ....

This are just some basic copy paste / erase procedures so if anyone has better ones then feel free to add XD

umm.....my lineart is also scanned, when i open another image, it adds as a seperate image, not as a layer
Open Scanned Picture ( 1 Canvas ) .... Open the Background ( another canvas ) ... now you have two working canvas ....

Either ctrl+a the scanned picture -> go to the Background Canvas then add another layer then paste the scanned picture there .... or the other way around
Juggle wrote...
Open Scanned Picture ( 1 Canvas ) .... Open the Background ( another canvas ) ... now you have two working canvas ....

Either ctrl+a the scanned picture -> go to the Background Canvas then add another layer then paste the scanned picture there .... or the other way around

dunno, it doesnt work, the copy/paste, i tried it before,unless im doing it wrong, i just ctrl+p the scanned work and ctrl+p on tthe background, doesnt seem to work >_<?
crimson875 wrote...
dunno, it doesnt work, the copy/paste, i tried it before,unless im doing it wrong, i just ctrl+p the scanned work and ctrl+p on tthe background, doesnt seem to work >_<?

Umm, Maybe because you ctrl+p both of them .....
ctrl+a (select all picture)
ctrl+c (copy the selected picture)
ctrl+p (pastes the selected picture ... I think this will automatically create a new layer )

Be sure to make the added layer into a "Multiply one" or just use "Normal" and erase manually the excess lines ....
Juggle wrote...
crimson875 wrote...

Umm, Maybe because you ctrl+p both of them .....
ctrl+a (select all picture)
ctrl+c (copy the selected picture)
ctrl+p (pastes the selected picture ... I think this will automatically create a new layer )

Be sure to make the added layer into a "Multiply one" or just use "Normal" and erase manually the excess lines ....

mmm....the ctrl+a works, but when i tried to copy it and paste it on aanother canvas, nothing happens
nvm it works now....but i cant stretch nor move the pasted image
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PEYnxvtt6hU try to see some tutorial in youtube.
suki888 wrote...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PEYnxvtt6hU try to see some tutorial in youtube.
sadly, i cant browse youtube due to my super slow connection, it always stops from buffering
i see. when my connection is not to fast. i do download for the videos. and then ill watch for it after downloading.
bump for this thread, i need help
Spoiler:

Forum Image: https://www.fakku.net/image-404/images/1471459-0UCKM5H.jpg

my pen and other tools, size selection change,
it use to have circles with sizes on the blank box i circled,but for some reason it change into the adjusting type, how can i turn it back?
Pages Prev123